Giger's Alien 3

I agree. The full lips are lost when they are stretched across a mouth full of teeth. I know it has nothing to do with Egypt, but some Egyptian-style base would be cool. lol

I was thinking about its mouth before I started this.

I have to sculpt it with the lips, as that's the way it looks and part of what makes it Giger's Alien 3.

But at the same time it does seem strange having an alien with no teeth.

So I’m thinking I might have to have two versions of the mouth area that could perhaps be interchangeable with magnets or something?

Clutch : I see what your saying about the base, but I got something, that if it works out should look very cool.

You can make a hinged lower jaw.

If the lips are supposed to be solid and not soft and being able to be pulled back revealing the teeth, then that offers an ingenuous way of doing the teeth, as a sort of retractable option, where, when the lower jaw goes down, it also pulls the upper teeth down from behind the lips, as well as pulling the lower teeth up from behind the lower lip - all connected to the motion of the lower jaw.

Sorta like seen in the Prometheus xeno with the extending teeth.

If that makes sense.

I think I understand what you are describing. Gonna have to have a think about it. The mouth area is quite small so it would be fiddly to do. Hmmm?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's a different Giger character, but perhaps something like this:

Sil-AnimatronicPuppet-2122464988_e907e46618.jpg

The extending teeth was something I saw in the flying alien in Pitch Black.

I know it's a different Giger character, but perhaps something like this:

Sil-AnimatronicPuppet-2122464988_e907e46618.jpg

The extending teeth was something I saw in the flying alien in Pitch Black.

Could do something like this. I'll have a tinker with it and see what happens.

I gotta say that I love the very feminine, human lips on the front of that alien head. Don't lose that!

Definitely not going to lose any lips on this one.

this is great! I like how its turning out.

Thanks John!

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant believe its nearly a year!!

So what's the deal with this? You are going to finish this aren't you??

:)

I cant believe its nearly a year!!

So what's the deal with this? You are going to finish this aren't you??

:)

I can't believe its been a year either! But yeap, i should be able to and am looking forward to getting back to this one in the next couple of weeks.

Pete

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back