Giger Alien question

JehdinThwei

I've never been much of an Alien enthusiast. In fact, I never saw "Alien". The first I saw was the sequel "Aliens" which was a fantastic film. I watched the 3rd I think.... or one of them where Sigourney was on a prisoner planet with a shaved head, but it was not nearly as good to me as Aliens.

Anyway, I have read the AVP books and seen the AVP films and it is my understanding that the Xenomorphs are a breed of alien that is very "insect like" and are pure cold blooded beings, with their only intent (much like honeybees) being to further the 'hive'. The workers and drones are not incredibly intelligent but do have some discernment capabilities, and the queen is the only one that has considerable intelligence.

I did not think they had ANY technology whatsoever.

But the Giger Alien has hoses and tubes and what looks like bolts and fittings. Where does this come into play with Xenomorphs (Aliens) or is it simply an artists rendering that has made its way into mainstream collectibles such as Neca's new release.

Any background info is appreciated.

BTW, this is one sexy little number Neca just put out in the 2-pack with P1

gigeralien.jpg.png

You should see the first movie to understand this matter. Rdiley Scott and James Cameron had two very different points of view about the Alien. You already know the "they're only giant bugs" version, but in the first movie, they tried to make it less bug and more "alien". You never really know how smart it is. It even rapes one of the crewmembers, using that sexy tail-between-legs method. It is also protrayed with that technologic look in order to make it look more extraterrestrial and also as a way to camouflage it within the ship. The "biomechanical" look comes from the creature's designer, H.R. Giger, who in all his paintings uses a fusion of both organic (mostly sexual) and mechanical elements

You should see the first movie to understand this matter. Rdiley Scott and James Cameron had two very different points of view about the Alien. You already know the "they're only giant bugs" version, but in the first movie, they tried to make it less bug and more "alien". You never really know how smart it is. It even rapes one of the crewmembers, using that sexy tail-between-legs method. It is also protrayed with that technologic look in order to make it look more extraterrestrial and also as a way to camouflage it within the ship. The "biomechanical" look comes from the creature's designer, H.R. Giger, who in all his paintings uses a fusion of both organic (mostly sexual) and mechanical elements

Awesome. Thanks. Yes, I am familiar with Giger's work. It arouses me and repulses me all at the same time :) . But I was not familiar with the role it played in the story line of the Aliens.

thanks so much for the reply. I will put Alien on my Netflix list and check it out. Thanks again, and I love your sig and avatar.

It is definitely worth checking out Giger's website. Check out his Abbreviated Biography. He also has a section, if you scroll down the left-hand side, devoted to Alien, as well as Dune and Species. To see some better shots, check out this site full of behind the scenes photos.

I just watched the original. Wow, what a great film! Even having been desensitized from the fear factor, having seen it all before, this was still a thriller.

It's one of the best sci-fi-horror movies ever. I just hope that the new two alien movies that Ridley Scott is making are at least half as good (well, he has Giger working with him again, that's something).

It's one of the best sci-fi-horror movies ever. I just hope that the new two alien movies that Ridley Scott is making are at least half as good (well, he has Giger working with him again, that's something).

He's not making 2, that was only a rumor.

There's only one confirmed movie that Ridley is making.

It's true that there's one confirmed, but Ridley himself has said in interviews (sorry, I don't have the links here, I read it months ago when the project was announced) that he had two movies in mind and hoped that he would be finally allowed to make both. More reciently, Giger's wife confirmed that his husband would be working in the new designs, and she said she wasn't sure if it is going to be one or two movies (and I don't think she reads too many internet rumours, she must know something lol).

Of course, we might end up having just a single movie, but I'm hoping they will finally give greenlight to the second one as well if they haven't already (that would give us a nice "Ridley Scott's and Giger's Alien trilogy")

Edit: No Sigourney, Philby. This happens like 30 years before Alien, so she's not even a project yet. But I assume they'll be introducing a new badass female character (it worked for the first one)

This is an off-topic already, or is it not?

It's true that there's one confirmed, but Ridley himself has said in interviews (sorry, I don't have the links here, I read it months ago when the project was announced) that he had two movies in mind and hoped that he would be finally allowed to make both. More reciently, Giger's wife confirmed that his husband would be working in the new designs, and she said she wasn't sure if it is going to be one or two movies (and I don't think she reads too many internet rumours, she must know something lol).

Of course, we might end up having just a single movie, but I'm hoping they will finally give greenlight to the second one as well if they haven't already (that would give us a nice "Ridley Scott's and Giger's Alien trilogy")

Edit: No Sigourney, Philby. This happens like 30 years before Alien, so she's not even a project yet. But I assume they'll be introducing a new badass female character (it worked for the first one)

good,.......wasn't necessarily wanting to see sigourney do it again,......think it's better to stop on the uphill than to plunge and **** it all up ,....
as long as it's not jodie foster we're in business,.......

yea i wanna go to gigers museum / restaurant one day ,....
never know ,....might try my stab at the alien chairs once i get into the swing of things with molding and junk ,....

been waiting a long time for another alien though,......so stoked,......waiting,.....waiting,....

That's still old news.

BadAssDigest has spoken to Fox and claim the Vulture report (which this other info came from) is false.

They say that the studio is only making one Prequel movie, not two as previously stated in other reports.

http://www.badassdigest.com/2010/12/08/rum...se-is-one-movie

im actually quite stoked at this alien prequel, although i am ten times more a pred fan, i love, and have always loved the alien movies, as a kid they basically ran side by side briefly till i quickly became aware of how much more i related to the predator (and how much more complex and awesome they were)

but still this should ROCK if ridley is doing it, totally awesome! don't see more than one being made, but i'm fine with that, whatever they can do to add to it without a whole "star wars pre-trilogy" type thing... damn that really kinda sucked... honestly can't believe they warped the whole concept with that ****...

Take this with a HUGE grain of salt...

Seems like Charlize Theron might be in this.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/...ops_out_of.html

"Charlize Theron has decided against starring in Clint Eastwood’s J. Edgar Hoover biopic, and insiders tell Vulture that Twentieth Century Fox is working overtime to re-jigger its planned prequel to Ridley Scott’s Alien to potentially, um, vacuum her up. (See what we did there? Space is a vacuum; so is a Hoover! …Sigh.)

Apparently, Theron’s reps at William Morris Endeavor were a bit ahead of the curve on their client’s willingness to star as Hoover’s longtime personal secretary Helen Gandy, putting the Oscar winner in the slightly awkward position of having to apologize to Eastwood for backing away from a role she never actually planned on accepting. All has since been smoothed over with Eastwood, but it’s also opened the door for 20th Century Fox. The studio is hoping the newly-available Theron can solve one of its more pressing problems: Casting its Alien prequel.

Director Ridley Scott is adamant that the little-known Scandinavian actress Noomi Rapace — best known, to the extent that she’s known at all, for playing Lisbeth Salander in the Swedish-language Girl With the Dragon Tattoo trilogy — get the part of the Alien prequel’s main character, Elizabeth Shaw. Scott has also been pushing to launch a far more multi-cultural crew into space, and last month, Vulture reported that the director hoped to give the part of Vickers — a fortysomething, tough-but-sexy crewmember — to Michelle Yeoh.

However, knowledgeable insiders say that Fox execs are nervous about pinning Scott’s costly CGI movie on such lesser-known actors like Rapace and, should a deal be made with him, Michael Fassbender (as this blog also previously reported is in negotiations to play the part of an android crewman), or Yeoh, and so wanted a bigger name for the part of Vickers.

Regardless, we’re told that Fox is having the role rewritten so that it’s larger and befitting, if not of Theron, than at least of someone of Theron’s stature. We're also told that the South African beauty should get the new version of the Alien script sometime this week and make her decision soon."

Thanks to Shasvre for the heads up.

Anyone know if there's an Alien Prequel Movie thread?
I've looked and couldn't find one.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back