Giant 31" Darth Vader figure

ob1al

Sr Member
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but a search turned up nothing. Not my video, but:

For the price tag (29.99 here in the UK) I think this looks amazing. OK, it's a ROTS version which is not my favourite Vader by a long shot, but it's HUGE and the sculpt is pretty good, a nice base to work from. I'm picking one up tomorrow and already thinking of a rework/customisation (new cape and robe, a repaint etc.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one of these and they are not too bad. The down point is that the cape and robe fabric parts were hurriedly cut and can see where it is not straight. Small trimming will fix that though.
For the most part, I really like mine.

Yeah, that's around USD $45. Still good value though.

A friend and I are picking our up later this morning - will share some pics. It's selling like hot-cakes here in the UK though, most local stores were sold out. I suspect they only got one or two per store. We reserved 2 at an Argos superstore around 10 miles away.

Huge darth vader figures - 29.99 - the look on ARGOS staff faces when 2 Vaders walked in to collect them - priceless.

IMG_3732.JPGIMG_3734.jpg

Re: Giant 31" Darth Vader figure

Jakks Pacific 31-inch Star Wars Darth Vader Giant Size Figure: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

Amazon.co.uk have them, but a bit more pricey - they have 12 left in stock.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BL8O8SA/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p21_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=19JKJPEVXZ1RYQFNE7TJ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=418445227&pf_rd_i=468294

Amazon.co.uk have them, but a bit more pricey - they have 12 left in stock.

I think they must've just hit the UK.

So...let's talk possible mods.

New wool cape and inner robe, inner robe going all the way under the amour. Shorten neck chain length. Dremel out mouth and chin vents and add real metal mesh behind. Make real leather gloves with posable fingers. Make a 'Bespin' style light up stand with sound FX.

That's the plan, at least.
IMG_3741.jpg

That's actually looking pretty good. Just don't understand why they made the shoulder bell cut into the grey part of the shoulder armor and not cut it at the black border?

I think they must've just hit the UK.

So...let's talk possible mods.

New wool cape and inner robe, inner robe going all the way under the amour. Shorten neck chain length. Dremel out mouth and chin vents and add real metal mesh behind. Make real leather gloves with posable fingers. Make a 'Bespin' style light up stand with sound FX.

That's the plan, at least.
View attachment 215279
How about a light up lightsabre?

That's actually looking pretty good. Just don't understand why they made the shoulder bell cut into the grey part of the shoulder armor and not cut it at the black border?

It's so that the arms can move I suppose. It would have been nice if they had figured out a cost effective way to make the join at the black border, but again this may be fixable. Particularly if the arms were fixed into a static by the side pose, the joins could be filled and the armour repainted.

These are cool, smyths toys in the uk and ireland sell them, they also do a tdk batman and superman, but they arent a patch on the vader

Was at Toys R Us today and saw the Superman and Batman figures this size. Looks like I have some rearranging to make room for the Vader one when I find it

Re: Giant 31" Darth Vader figure

The shortened chain looks much better. It looks like a necklace in the other photos.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back