GI Joe Rise of Cobra Storm Shadow Belt Buckle - FOUND!

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Over the years, I have been absolutely amazed at the RPF's ability to identify some of the most obscure items... so here is one I have for you.

This is Storm Shadow's belt buckle from G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. It is on a 2" leather belt. Beyond that, the photos pretty much say it all. I have never seen anything quite like it. It somewhat reminds me of a seatbelt buckle without the outside plastic housing, but nothing I have found matches. Can anyone ID this part?

View attachment 86431

View attachment 86432

View attachment 86433

View attachment 86434

Something very close, looks like a parachute buckle of some sort to me.

Airlock Wildland Belt

Airlock.jpg

Wow... that took all of 7 minutes and got further than I have gotten in months! The definitely appears to be the right design and style... now just seems like I need to find the model. Wow... and I thought this was going to be a tough one for you guys...

Ran across that in a search for something close to the Rocketeer pack buckles. Bookmarked it cause I'm thinking about using them. Firefighter harness buckle but parachute and ejection seat buckles are very similar.

That is definitely the buckle... just turned around backwards on Storm Shadow. Man, I LOVE this place! Why do I bother searching for anything... just bring it to the board!

Cmon' guys. It's not anywhere near an A.S.I. or a Model 7 scope. Look closely.

Love that pic btw. Shame there wasn't any more taken of that one.

My apologies Art, for the derail.

Yup, it is the same one. I found someone willing to sell just the buckle and should have one in hand shortly. Again, can't believe how quickly you nailed that. Love it!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back