GI JOE 2: Retaliation: Snake Eyes Costume Info Thread

Rusty85

Sr Member
Just thought I'd start a thread on Snake Eye's new costume for GI JOE 2. I know a lot of people from the first one weren't big fans but I liked it. Anyway, it looks like they did a drastic overhaul of his outfit, and I'm gonna say I'm glad because this looks like it might be easier to replicate than his first one.

Looks like he has a body suit with a bunch of armor attached along with the same pants and boots from the first movie. His sword has been changed as well to a black blade with a tan handle wrap.

Here's some screen-shots..
GI-Joe-2-118.jpg

GI-Joe-2-119.jpg

GI-Joe-2-131.jpg

GI-Joe-2-150.jpg

GI-Joe-2-111.jpg

GI-Joe-2-056.jpg

GI-Joe-2-055.jpg

GI-Joe-2-161.jpg

I approve of this post. Good luck to you sir and I hope for the best in your quest to make this happen.

I would suggest getting a rivet gun. Other than that I got nothin :unsure

This costume is easier than the first one, I'm a fan of snake eyes i made the first costume and now i'm already working with the second suit but i will take my time....i need more info

Same here, hopefully we get some good promotional pictures like they gave of him from the first movie. Too hard to make out anything for sure.

I'm so glad they took away the lips... Why does a character that doesn't even speak need lips??? Anyone? ;) I love this new version of his costume!! I just last night started collecting screen caps from the trailer for this exact reason. You got great shots Rusty85.

His new costume really caught my eye when I watched the trailer! I agree with the removal of the lips haha!

On the lookout for more photos of the new outfit :D

That brief glimpse of the CC in his 'classic' outfit caught my eye. I'm waiting for someone to build that.

Heck, I might start it myself when there are more images available!:lol

Definitely better than the last movie; but it just seems strange to me the amount of armor on the upper body and no armor I can see on the lower half.

Wow! I love the new look of snake eyes. It's definitely better then the last movie. The helmet is what sets it off with the armor pieces.

I plan on having this costume ready for the premiere as well, very excited about the new look.
Just my initial thoughts with the limited resource we have so far...

The shirt / collar seem to be easy enough; maybe a stretch fabric with some leather piping so the rivets on the armor plates don't pull through the fabric.
The armor looks to be a similar version of what the rest of the JOEs are wearing on their tac-vests, so definitely custom stuff.
The helmet has me stumped though. Is it me or does the helmet seem to have the face portion a different material in some shots but not in others? The close ups look (to me) sorta like fabric, but in the far away shots it looks too smooth and uniform to be fabric? I could understand why the use of fabric (so RP can breath easier) but I'm not sure.

Or am I seeing something that's not there?...

It does look like its fabric in that close up shot, but in the one from above him it looks like his helmet's made of the same thing as his armor. Tricky business, hopefully we get some better pics soon.

Yeah that's totally a fabric panel over the mouth area.

You can even see the holes in the face plate under the fabric in that first shot.

GI-Joe-2-118.jpg

also here-
gijoescreen26.jpg

Here a good cap that shows of the under suit a little-
gijoescreen9.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back