GI JOE 2: Retaliation: Snake Eyes Costume Info Thread

I know - right!! It's a good thing his back hand isn't up in the air!!!

The (seemingly) useless clips on the stomach of the costume that are holding in his gut really annoy me. It would so much cleaner without them.

How cool would a fully functional, bang on accurate licensed movie replica uniform...complete with mask/helmet be?:love
I think it would be uber cool.

...and as such we'll make the official license announcement, product type and various details public in the next few weeks.
:cool

David
Now I'm torn... do I continue working on my own costume or just save up the hundreds of dollars to buy one from you guys...:wacko

Do you have a ball park of how much it's going to cost? I'd guess about the same as the Dark Knight suit.

I'm not bothered by the clips at all, when I throw on my IOTV you wouldn't believe how many clips get attached randomly all over. It could be a quick release for his gut!

I know - right!! It's a good thing his back hand isn't up in the air!!!

The (seemingly) useless clips on the stomach of the costume that are holding in his gut really annoy me. It would so much cleaner without them.

I agree. That immediately jumped out at me as "non-functional", which is a shame.
However, I don't think the comparison to Robo-cop is necessarily fair nor accurate. There are only so many ways to make an unadorned, functional type helmet. Snake Eyes has always had some sort of visor (for whatever reason), so that has to be included on any design.
I like the new helmet design, especially compared to the one used in the first movie.

There are buckles on the suit (like the ones around the stomach) that appear to be "non-functional" but the new suit is still a huge step above the first.
The motorcycle helmet (as some have said) is more "functional" then a rubber mask with a mouth and nose like the first suit. If you look at the mouth area they had to put the fabric there to cover the slits for him to breath which makes it look more like a ninja mask/helmet. The visor is more spot on then the first movie with the comic because of the raised pieces.
Also he has armor pieces which would be "functional in the real world, unlike the rubber suit.
He also has multiple weapons and guns that he uses in the new movie, unlike the first which is more accurate to the comic.
A lot of people were complaining about his old suit because he had a rubber suit, especially the mouth and nose on the mask which looked dumb for a ninja to have. They also complained he wasn't more mercenary like the comic book.
The director took away the rubber suit and made him more mercenary and with a more "functional" suit and people are still complaining.
It seems like the only way to make people happy is to give him a cloth mask, a visor that he can barely see out of, a sweater, a tactical vests, tactical pants and boots.But still I think that people would complain.
Like I said it is a big step up from the old suit. This one is actually functioning and useful as armor. There are just minor pieces that are not useful which is more design then function.

There are buckles on the suit (like the ones around the stomach) that appear to be "non-functional" but the new suit is still a huge step above the first.
The motorcycle helmet (as some have said) is more "functional" then a rubber mask with a mouth and nose like the first suit. If you look at the mouth area they had to put the fabric there to cover the slits for him to breath which makes it look more like a ninja mask/helmet. The visor is more spot on then the first movie with the comic because of the raised pieces.
Also he has armor pieces which would be "functional in the real world, unlike the rubber suit.
He also has multiple weapons and guns that he uses in the new movie, unlike the first which is more accurate to the comic.
A lot of people were complaining about his old suit because he had a rubber suit, especially the mouth and nose on the mask which looked dumb for a ninja to have. They also complained he wasn't more mercenary like the comic book.
The director took away the rubber suit and made him more mercenary and with a more "functional" suit and people are still complaining.
It seems like the only way to make people happy is to give him a cloth mask, a visor that he can barely see out of, a sweater, a tactical vests, tactical pants and boots.But still I think that people would complain.
Like I said it is a big step up from the old suit. This one is actually functioning and useful as armor. There are just minor pieces that are not useful which is more design then function.

Which comic costume? There were many variations. ;) I agree the new movie suit looks more "functional" than the first movie suit, but neither one are fully "Snake-Eyes enough" for me.

gi-joe-2-retaliation-snake-eyes-costume-gijoe2-09.jpg-91073d1334580263

FINALLY! "Uziesque" sub-machine guns for the win!!! :):thumbsup

Okay who is going to do a pep file for that armor? It's pretty savage!

BlackKaos is selling his pep files that he did early on. I've tried modeling the helmet in Sketchup but I am woefully lacking in 3D design skills.... may do the armor in the traditional papermodeling manor of just drawing the patterns out. (for use w/ the foam mat method)

Thanks. On the pistol, it could be the HK P30 (assuming they wanted to limit the number of product placements they wrote)?

Funny aside (to me, at least). I read that Ray Park is left-handed, so the shot of him and Dwayne Johnson facing off takes advantage of that. :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back