Ghoul Hunter Body Armor: Design-N-Build

Uratz

Sr Member
Ghoul Hunter Body Armor (due to Lack of a better Name, "Thaden Armor" maybe?)
Commissioned by Thaden (Carl) Dropped out due to financial reasons - Hoping for a come back.
Brief: Based on Narin's Axerator type Body Armor, in the same amount of pieces of armor 8X, Infuse some of my ideas.
Job Scope: Design and Produce working armor: Sculpt, Mold and Cast. Painting
Deadline: July 2010 (God willing) [Edit] Full Frontal Armor Completed on July 23rd 2010

As reference, Thaden/ Carl provided this below to based off of.

I want to Thank Thaden for his generous Commission and choosing me to do this. I hope not to disappoint him

Here are some preliminary sketches to prove that I'm not slacking off or just planning to run away with his money :p
They often look terrible and are more like "notes" for me to render in Photoshop where I put together pieces that I like
and works together as a cohesive piece of armor.

Also keeping to the Narin/Predator Style plus infusing some of my ideas so that I'm not completely ripping master sculptor Narin off again.
It just occur to me that I've pretty much done that with the Skull and spinal beads :rolleyes:

3 days worth of Sketches
GhoulArmorSketches.jpg

I've began to render some of the armor, hopefully Thaden likes it and willing part with his life savings :p

There's a Bladed wrist gauntlet in there even though it wasn't asked for so I made it a add-on option that
can be attached or taken off. Will figure out how to make this

Ghoul_Armor_Gauntlet_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Ghoul_Armor_Blade_Gauntlet_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Ghoul_Armor_Boot_Gauntlet_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

More coming later. Thanks ahead for your comments and critiques

Last edited by a moderator:
Truely amazing work Uratz...I think I speak for all of the lair when I say "Thaden, you lucky SOB" great job so far. Cant wait to see the rest.

Chris

I think I speak for all of the lair when I say "Thaden, you lucky SOB"
Chris
I would have to agree BIG TIME
I also noticed you got that from Family Guy where Tom Tucker lies about the last winning silver scroll in the Episode "Wasted Talent" or was that just coincidence?
243333_height419_width419.jpg

I would have to agree BIG TIME
I also noticed you got that from Family Guy where Tom Tucker lies about the last winning silver scroll in the Episode "Wasted Talent" or was that just coincidence?

HAHAHA I love that episode...but no it was purely coincidence

HAHAHA I love that episode...but no it was purely coincidence
Ok I just saw how it was used and it reminded me of that line. "I know I speak for everyone when I say congradualtions you SOB" and then he puts the carnivorous earwig in his ear and then starts screaming in pain :rolleyes:

I think we'll have to start another thread about "Family Guy trivia." Actually I love that show.
Thanks for the Comments guys. Thaden IS one lucky ***

I think we'll have to start another thread about "Family Guy trivia." Actually I love that show.
Thanks for the Comments guys. Thaden IS one lucky ***
Well, you are the one that is making it if anyone is lucky it is you with your mad skills becuase you can make this any time as you wish with the right materials

Always impressed by your concept sketches and good to watch them turn into reality. Great starting material to work with too, looks like a Narin/Joe Dunnaway combination job.
Keep the pictures coming.

OKay

Rendered some more art for the Butt Flap thigh Piece and Cod Piece. Still got the shoulder armor to render.

This will be sculpted/cast in several pieces and strapped together like a belt piece with elastic straps. Then this entire thing
will be Velcro to the body suit. Biggest and most significant piece of armor on the Ghoul Hunter (a.k.a Thaden's old School warrior Suit)
Hope ya likes it. :rolleyes:

Ghoul_Armor_Cod_Piece_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Ghoul_Armor_Butt_Flap_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

OKay

Rendered some more art for the Butt Flap thigh Piece and Cod Piece. Still got the shoulder armor to render.

This will be sculpted/cast in several pieces and strapped together like a belt piece with elastic straps. Then this entire thing
will be Velcro to the body suit. Biggest and most significant piece of armor on the Ghoul Hunter (a.k.a Thaden's old School warrior Suit)
Hope ya likes it. :rolleyes:

*GASP* OUTFRAKKINGSTANDING!

Here is the shoulder armor. I may come up with a different variation later to break up the monotony of a single theme. For now I'll just stick to consistency.
Anyway I'm a bit tired this week. Too many ideas going on in my head. Gotta finish up some projects then hopefully can get this Armor sculpting going.

Thoughts?

Ghoul_Armor___Shoulder_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Added [ Nov 29th 2009]
Ghoul Hunter Shoulder Extra Armors.

Ghoul_Armor_Shoulder_Extra_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

I can't decide which to sculpt. I'll need 2 that are different from each other but can pair up nicely if the armor were to be worn on 1 suit.
Top Row is from Front/back view. Bottom Row is Side L/R view

So far the ones I'm leaning away from is the AVP-ish and Wolf-ish armor.
So your thoughts will be appreciated.

Ghoul_Armor___Shoulder_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Ghoul_Armor_Shoulder_Extra_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back