"Ghostbusters" Terror Dog, and other pics!

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by jasonw2112, Jan 2, 2012.

1. jasonw2112

jasonw2112 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Here are some pictures I took at Wonderfest (2011), I figured someone might find usefull!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Polsnulspace

Polsnulspace Sr Member

Some great pics there. Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup

3. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

Thanks indeed!

4. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Coincidentally the Terror dog is a member of this Board... at least part of him is. :lol

5. jasonw2112

Took me a second!
    :lol

6. Stencil

Stencil Well-Known Member

so is this Terror dog coming out soon or is it already gone? Sorry if I'm missing something here. It's just pretty cool.

Chronicle likes this.
  7. jasonw2112

To be honest, I really don't know! This was on display in Kentucky, at Wonderfest, towards the end of May. The only information I have, is what is in the pictures.

It could take months, to years, just to get the copyright. Then the people involved, could just change their mind!

I would think you could look up Elemental LLC, and see what they have to say about it.

Other than that, I thought it would be a good reference for any sculptors, on The RPF.

8. Finhead

Finhead Sr Member

9. jasonw2112

Well that's pretty cool!

I didn't look for any pricing, but I'm sure its not cheap!
    (cheap work ain't good, and good work ain't cheap!)

10. T2SF

T2SF Well-Known Member

I wonder how it sizes up to that Argonauts kit? Not sure if that was the maker but it was a Japanese kit. Anyone know price on this?

11. Apollo

I would be cautious if Paul Francis is having anything to do with this. :unsure

12. dexter1138

dexter1138 Well-Known Member

I've been dealing with Paul for a few years now and I know he produces a lot of the pieces sold here on the RPF by other members. I know he's banned from this site, but board wars, rumors and unsubstantiated post should not keep people from dealing with him. I think you shouldn't believe everything you read and look at the source.

I do know that this project is dead from his own posts on facebook, but it would have been epic if produced. Judging from the pictures he posted on Facebook, this piece is around 2' long. It's Massive!

Here is a direct link to some finished pictures on their website:

[link removed]

Dex

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2012
  13. Weequay

Weequay Well-Known Member

As far as I am aware this project is indeed dead due to lack of interest (my guess is it was way too expensive).

Paul from elemental auctions is banned here??!! Can I ask why?

I thought this project had the blessing/involvement of Steve Johnson??

Weequay

14. Apollo

Dex[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  15. Apollo

That may be so but Paul is banned from this board for good reason and that was not because of 'board wars, rumors, and unsubstaniated post"

You do know that selling a banned members wares OR advertising for him ie a link, will in fact get you booted from the board right dexter?

I trust you will edit your post accordingly

16. Apollo

Paul was banned from this board for interfering with a License Holder and all sorts of other dirty tricks.

17. dexter1138

Does that mean that anyone who is friends with him on facebook should be banned from here as well? This is not the first thread where Lucas Francis Studios has been linked.

Guilt by association is just plain BS. Nothing is for sale in the post I linked, so it's just pictures.

Apollo-"That may be so but Paul is banned from this board for good reason and that was not because of 'board wars, rumors, and unsubstaniated post" "

I'd beg to differ, from what I've been told and read, it's exactly that. It actually says he was banned for interfering with a licensee. I don't know what that means but I've heard Paul's side of the story and the truth was he was banned to get rid of another member. As for the Terminator fiasco of 2005, well that was posted and never proven. So I guess you are guilty without proof or any evidence to support a post. So people can post whatever libelous crap they want after you've been banned and their is nothing you can do to defend yourself?

So if it's wrong to deal with Paul, why are so many RPF'ers friends with him on FB including the owners of this site?

Also I never said that people were selling his wares, I said he produced pieces for other members. He produces parts for me that are unrelated to the prop world.

Dex

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  18. Apollo

Of course not, friends are friends you have to stick by them.

Do not pretend to lecture me about Paul and "he who can not be named" as I was here during those times. :rolleyes

Paul did a lot of dirty things and he knows he did.

The whole fiasco was well documented.

As far as dealing with him there is nothing wrong with that if he comes through for you.

If he does'nt then thats a whole different matter. :unsure

19. DaddyfromNaboo

DaddyfromNaboo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Just a head´s up, guys, once banned, always banned. The rules have been remedied a few years ago to allow discussing banned members, but the rules about promoting a banned member´s wares and website are still active, especially when the member was banned for anything sales related. Please respect that.

Thanks,
    Michael
    RPF staff

20. Bowelrock

Bowelrock Sr Member

Paul has and always will be a flake. The project iS dead from what I'm told and Steve has nothing to do with it. From Steve's mouth to my ears

21. Apollo

You are to kind! :lol

Paul was a scumbag and an Idiot.

22. jasonw2112

O.K.... Well I hope everyone enjoy's the pics!:lol

Seriously though, I had no idea about the back story! I was not trying to stir the pot!

Now let's see someone sculpt one of these puppies!

23. d_osborn

d_osborn Sr Member

thanks for posting the pics!

24. Stencil

Stencil Well-Known Member

Yea I didn't mean to start a firestorm here. Sorry bout that!

25. Apollo

Oh yeah they are some great pics!!

Sorry I had to school Dex in your thread but some things are unavoidable.

If you know me I don't stand by when I know some in this Community may be in danger.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  26. jasonw2112

Very understandable!:)

27. dexter1138

Apollo,

You haven't schooled me on anything. In fact you've proved my point to a degree. You obviously believe anything posted to a message board. People change, times change, I'm all about giving someone enough rope to hang themselves and making up my own mind without having the ancient post experts "School" me on the past.

I judge people by their actions today, not ten years ago, if that were the case Ron Paul and half the elected official we have now would be tossed out on their ear.

Do people make mistakes? Yes, Can people Change? Yes

You guys continue to malign a guy that can't defend himself and that's cowardly in my book.

I've seen on other boards where Paul and Jhyphen are actually friends and all is forgiven between them for the shenanigans of the past.

Paul and Steve Johnson are partners in two companies, this is a fact no matter what Ross wants to post. They have a current business, auction and website that's very active. It's all on their Facebook pages for everyone to see. Paul is one of the busiest guys in this industry and he must be well respected to work with licensees, museums and he's on a hit Television show.

The work that I have received is exceptional and I along with many other RPFers will obviously continue to use his services.

Bottom line for anyone reading this I hope you don't go listen to the mob mentality, it's usually, bitter, jealous and just plain wrong. Sure bash a guy that can't defend himself, cowards!

Dex

28. Apollo

Please, The only point you have proved is you being niaeve enough to believe a known and documented Scum-bag. :lol

Again I was here during those times so I KNOW what went on PERIOD

No if's ands or buts.

If you wish to believe what Paul tells you thats fine.

I also know about the hand-holding kumbaya period between Paul and John, with that being said it still does not change the fact of what he did to be banned from this board.

My referance to schooling you was to the board rules on which you were indeed schooled on even if you wish to ignore it but then again what does one expect from someone with your past antics on the Sexgun thread where a Mod had to edit your post there as he did here.

I'll say this for you theres no accounting for taste or class with you. :unsure

As far as people changing some can and some can not.

Don't get me wrong I am glad Paul is treating you right and has turned over a new leaf.

It still does not once again negate THE FACT of what Paul did on this board and was banned from, which is something you can not or will not grasp.

When I see some one who has a known past I will throw up the flags of caution so other members will not get burned, we take care of our own around here.

I trust the members will do the research and make the right choices

Let me let you in on a little secret which those who know me will attest to, anything I say on this board I will say in person to your face :lol

In closing and not to further hijack this thread I want to say one name to you, kinda of like my free gift to you, a cautiuonary tale if you may, Houdiniguy.

Be careful you don't end up like him

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  29. dexter1138

Apollo,

Again your broad sweeping self appointed expert take on one person does not impress me in the least, actions do. Yours speak for yourself and Paul's his. You are the only one beating this horse which I also find interesting.

Having class to take the higher road and not resort to name calling seems to be lacking in your case.

I'd take ten Paul's over one you any day. Not being able to back up anything you've said other than, "I was there" doesn't wash with me or the vague banning post here on the board.

Anyway I won't post again which I know you won't do, I expect more eye rolling and vague comments.

Sorry to the Moderators, Jason and the owners for hijacking this thread.

While I doubt there is anything else to be said about this project, I do hope that Paul revisits the Terror Dog at some point and makes it available to collectors.

Dex

30. spinner 44

spinner 44 Well-Known Member

edit ............