Ghostbusters - Restoring the original Vinz Clortho Terror Dog Statue

TomSpinaDesigns

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all!

This is a long overdue posting… we worked on this one some time ago, but have been in the process of building our new website and just now have finally added it to our page!

A client picked up the original Vinz Clortho "Statue" version of the Terror Dog from Ghostbusters from Prop Store and sent it here for repair…

It's an amazing prop, and HUGE too! We were really surprised at the size. Lots of work went into the restoration, and we spent quite a bit of time carefully speckling our repairs with layers of paint to match the specific paint style of the original.

Lots of pics can be found on our page about the project - http://www.tomspinadesigns.com/restoration/film-tv-props/ghostbusters-terror-dog-statue-movie-prop/

We've just updated the site, so if you like movie props, feel free to explore :)

Thanks for looking!
Tom

Attachments

• ghostbusters-terror-dog-statue-repair-4.jpg
    ghostbusters-terror-dog-statue-repair-4.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 758
  • ghostbusters-terror-dog-statue-repair-6.jpg
    ghostbusters-terror-dog-statue-repair-6.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 523
  • ghostbusters-terror-dog-statue-repair-7.jpg
    ghostbusters-terror-dog-statue-repair-7.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 514
  • ghostbusters-terror-dog-statue-repair-9.jpg
    ghostbusters-terror-dog-statue-repair-9.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 477
Great work! It really does look seamless and original, Tom. With this, the foam Onionhead maquette, and the Stay Puft head, you guys have a great GB track record!

Not bidding on this when it was in the Edlund PIH auction is a huge hobby regret of mine. I picked up an original studio Vinz gargoyle maquette, but man... the full size head would be amazing. Glad to see it has a good home!

I would LOVE to see how the owner has it displayed, if possible!

Great work! It really does look seamless and original, Tom. With this, the foam Onionhead maquette, and the Stay Puft head, you guys have a great GB track record!

Not bidding on this when it was in the Edlund PIH auction is a huge hobby regret of mine. I picked up an original studio Vinz gargoyle maquette, but man... the full size head would be amazing. Glad to see it has a good home!

I would LOVE to see how the owner has it displayed, if possible!

Oh wow, great pickup on the maquette! Maybe the client will see this and post… this gargoyle's a big one for sure!

Thanks to everyone for the kind words! We've been very lucky to work on some great Ghostbusters props. So cool keeping these things around for people to enjoy!

Tom

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back