Ghostbusters proton pack part identification

Tobot

Hi I'm new to the site , but I've been researching and building my proton packs for a few months now.
I'm attempting to source as many original parts as possible and a couple of things are bothering me.
Proton Pack Part Names - Equipment - Ghostbusters Fans Wiki

firstly the booster frame, this just has to be a found part doesn't it? I'd be very keen to try and I.d. It

Also When you compare the crank generator and the power cell on the original packs, the power cell looks very 'hand made' whereas the crank generator again looks like a well engineered piece or metal including casting marks. So again I suspect that that the crank generator is a found part.

What do you guys think, I'd be very interested in your thoughts.

I will be using mostly nick a tron parts for the resin bits you can just see how clean and crisp they are, really nice work.

I have read that about the booster frame, but I'm not sure how that was arrived at . To me it looks like a kicker plate or some kind of trim. For some reason I picture a vintage vacuum cleaner the drum type

Tobot said:
I have read that about the booster frame, but I'm not sure how that was arrived at . To me it looks like a kicker plate or some kind of trim. For some reason I picture a vintage vacuum cleaner the drum type

Probably because I believe the Ticonderoga logo is visible on the pencils in the screen-used casting.

Last edited:
Well there ya go then :) that's cleared that up

Funny, no matter how much reading you do , theres always something you miss eh!

Last edited:
I well echo Nick a Trons parts if you're building. They are great for the pieces the are difficult to fabricate.

Here's another voice in support of Nick's parts. I had the pleasure of working with him to develop the belt gizmo kit, and his store has flourished considerably since then.

I'm going to fabricate the booster frame now I now what it's made of, but I'll still buy a nick a tron one for my stunt pack.
So anyone got any ideas in the gearbox?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back