Ghostbusters Particle Thrower Build

PropElite

I finally got all the parts and pieces in the mail to start my particle thrower build! First I will need to drill the last few holes in the gun box which are for my real R701 clippard valve and the knob next to it, these two parts are located on the backside of the gun. Then I will just need to do a bit of filling and sanding clean up on the vents, as well as the bottom side of the gun to make the base plate fit nice and snug. After that, and possibly some other minor work, I can start putting things together to be painted. (Ive already done a bit of filling and sanding on all other parts of the gun.) This will be a step by step process on everything I do with pictures included. I have every single piece for this gun provided in the first pic. (Except LEDs which I wont be taking out of the package until they are ready to be put in.) All input is welcome :) More progress soon!

IMG_1959.JPGIMG_1960.JPGIMG_1963.JPGIMG_1964.JPG

Last edited:
Re: Ghostbusters Paricle Thrower Build

Is that an MMM kit? Are you going to do a twist or green lever build for extending the thrower acrylic tube? Looks like a nice setup

Got all the resin parts from a good friend, and I`m not exactly sure where they originated from. Dont think I will be enabling the extending acrylic tube feature, but who knows. Started drilling the last few holes, and I will have more updates with pictures at some point tomorrow.

Hope the build goes well for you! :) I just finished my thrower recently & it was a bear, (mostly due to the installation of lights/sounds)...but I love the way its turned out.

Thank you! :) Ya, that will probably be the part I dread the most! I have a small vibration motor hooked up with my LEDs that im still debating on where I want located!

Wont let me edit anymore :/

Sorry I didnt get anything posted yesterday guys, things got really busy. I`m actually moving into a new place this weekend, but there will be more progress soon!

Quick update... I drilled the holes for the real clippard valve, but the resin cracked when drilling the hole for the knob next to it, so I filled it with some putty and will sand and re-drill tomorrow. I also drilled the hole for my green lever and sanded the bottom of the gun box with my dremel so the base plate fits nicely! Just about ready to start painting! More updates soon!

IMG_2075.JPGIMG_2076.JPGIMG_2077.JPG

Got my last hole drilled, glued the heat sink on, and did some more clean up with my dremel. I`m going to give everything a very quick sand and wash before I start priming & painting. More pictures and updates soon to come.

IMG_2129.JPGIMG_2130.JPG

Good luck! I love seeing Ghostbuster props. I hung out with a few when I was at Art-O-Con in Burlington not that long ago. They had some pretty amazing stuff there

I`ve just recently moved down to Florida, and I have been very busy looking for a job. I will have more time for this project soon hopefully.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back