Ghostbusters Paper Props

Brigandia36: Do you know the source of the stationary? For me its rare when I come across a Ghostbusters "paper prop" I don't think I've seen before.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Report All Ghosts!" reads actor Dan Aykroyd's signature on this publicity shot for the 1984 action-comedy "Ghost Busters." The lot also includes a sheet of stationery and an envelope that both bear the Ghost Busters company letterhead, complete with address and phone number for reporting supernatural disturbances.

Are they real now? :D

gbsletterhead2.jpg gbslimenveloppe.jpg

Cleaned up the originals to be more current, not "laying around a Firehouse" for 32 years. Ectoplasm came from a Google search.

*edit* I also did the envelope, after uploading it here noticed a spacing issuing along an edge. I'll probably re-do it.

*edit update* I redid the envelope, its a little more subtle. I noticed the "spacing" was in the RPF 'preview.' I like my second version better.

Attachments

• gbsenveloppe2.jpg
    gbsenveloppe2.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Thanks, Richard! They do look like they really came from the Firehouse. I can hear Peter screaming, "SLIMER!"

Last edited:
You're welcome. :) Soon as I read they needed "slime," I knew I had to try something. :cool

An idea I had this morning. You know Dr. Venkman would just do this with another slightly different letterhead.

gbsletterheadstain.jpg

Coffee "stain" also found through Google images.

Last edited:
Recently at my site, Ecto-Containment I wrote about 2 different Ghostbusters II fast food promotions. In the US, Hardee's. For the UK (and maybe elsewhere in Europe) Wimpy. When I wrote my Wimpy post I didn't have photos from the kids meal. I found an image on eBay for the "Ghost license." Its too small to enlarge w/o pixelation. I haven't tried to recreate it, if anyone wanted to try, here is the image from what was then a current eBay auction.

wimpyghostlicense.jpg

Last edited:
It's been a long time since I've posted. I have news from the "world 'o Gozer."

First off, I had decided a little earlier this year not to renew the domain name for Ghostbusters International. Any file or page link to GBI in this thread, (most are in the Drop Box I linked to in this thread) can still be found at GBI's default WordPress url.

https://ghostbustersinc.wordpress.com

Secondly, after some years of waiting, one day randomly (because it was unexpected) on Twitter a ghosthead named Lance Dobersek shared a photo of his Official Ghostbusters Fan Club ID card. That's great! i had to ask if he'd scan it, for all of us he did. Scans are original and haven't been touched up or recreated by me.

​Sadly Lance doesn't have the quarterly journals. Perhaps someday (maybe in 2019 for Ghostbusters 35th anniversary) they will surface.

gbsoffanclubid.png gbsoffanclubid2.png

*Edit* April 30, 2018.

I slightly cleaned up the front of the membership card. More so to remove Lance's signature and add a new line if fans want to add their own and print it out.

gbsoffanclubidblank.jpg

I also recreated the ID card with the idea if the official club existed in 2018. However, after posting about it at Ecto-Containment (and feeling proud of my creative ideas) I noticed one mis-spelled word on the back of the card. NATURALLY :facepalm I didn't save a separate file for the back. Not trying to shamelessly plug Ecto-Containment. If you want to see the back card, feel free to visit my site. Thanks.

Here's the front of it.

gbsoffcard2018.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Wimpy (UK) Ghostbusters II Ghost License

In April of last year I posted a photo of the "ghost license" that was included with the Wimpy/Ghostbusters II meal box in 1989. I didn't have a big enough scan of it to try to recreate it. A ghosthead friend and collector not only has a Ghost License, David also has a meal box! :eek He put more effort than he needed to, to scan his meal box, ghost license, and allow me to share them at Ecto-Containment.

That's exactly what I did today.

https://ecto-containment.com/2018/05/07/wimpy-ghostbusters-ii-meal-box/

The meal boxes haven't been made like new as is usually what I do. For the ghost license I did make it "like new," changing the font for copyright information to match the like new version. It isn't the font from 1989, feels era appropriate.

wimpyghostlicensehires.jpg

That was me. They were offered many years ago, have been added to, redone, repopped, and beyond.

I think I copied your "in progress" pic of the LIFE cover and was trying to track down the group photo source to I could complete this on my own at one point. Never did find the original.

A few years ago I designed some Ghostbusters business cards....apparently they're still floating around out there after all this time.
gb-cards.jpg

Dear friends,

A while ago I looked for several Ghostbusters props reference online and found this - quite good- resolution version of the Vigo painting. I used Photoshop to remove the scratches / weathering because if I remember correctly the original was a pic from the ILM archives.

Maybe it will help someone out there to create something accurate ;)
Cheers,
Tom

Attachments

• GHOSTBUSTERS_VIGO_3600x5760.jpg
    GHOSTBUSTERS_VIGO_3600x5760.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 251
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back