Ghostbusters Paper Props

Discussion in 'Free Replica Paper Props' started by COZombieHunter, Mar 20, 2016.

1. COZombieHunter

COZombieHunter New Member

So I've been trying to find some cool paper Ghostbusters props, as I try and make some cool stuff for my niece and nephew before the reboot Ghostbusters movie comes out.
    I found some old school Ghostbusters paper props that I want to share with Ghostbusters fans / cosplayers. I found a few Ghostbusters EPA props.
    Anyone who wishes to use these prop forms for their cosplay Ghostbusters is more than welcome to use them.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    colopilolo, Brigandia36 and Bear like this.
  2. Richard

Richard Active Member

In an older Ghostbusters prop/paper thread I had posted old Ghostbusters role playing "documents" I've recreated through the years. Including the EPA document in your post. Since that thread, the documents were updated and moved to a different site, ghostbustersintern.com.

Its meant more for Ghostbusters "franchises," really any ghosthead could enjoy a note from Dr. Venkman, a welcome letter from Louis, multiple page Ghostbusting contract, release from damages, "work order", EPA (temp) permit, and who doesn't love Ghostbusters stationary?:D

Free for all: http://ghostbustersintern.com/franchising/documents/

Bear likes this.
  3. Richard

Richard Active Member

Bear likes this.
  4. Richard

Richard Active Member

I'm not trying to plug the multiple Ghostbusters sites I manage. If anyone wants to bring back Ghostbusters memories or introduce young ghostheads to what (depending on your age when Ghostbusters/The Real Ghostbusters premiered) we grew up with, the "business" site for Ghostbusters has PDF files of The Real Ghostbusters Magazine(s), an issue of The Electric Company from September 1985. Contains Ghostbusters content. And every issue of NOW Comics The Real Ghostbusters comics. And just one issue of Slimer! Oh, plus a jumbo RGBs coloring book.

They're all in 'the magazine rack.' https://ghostbustersfirehouse.wordpress.com/media/the-magazine-rack/

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    Bear likes this.
  5. Bear

Bear Sr Member

You did a great job on those props Richard, and thanks for the link. Any site where I can find more paper props is great.

6. AZSneed

AZSneed Sr Member

COZombieHunter, thanks for the props!

Richard, thanks for the link, awesome props!

7. HULKSMASH1120

HULKSMASH1120 Active Member

folder 2.jpg got this on a download of the extended cut bluray.
    folder.jpg

AZSneed likes this.
  8. Richard

Richard Active Member

Bear and AZSneed, thanks for the compliments. I've recreated the GBI documents more then once over the years. The EPA permit was originally created by my fellow Ghostbusters "franchise" friend. As we didn't have the original file, I recreated it. Using a real EPA form I found on-line for reference.

I'll check my files. I know their is some other paper props I didn't create, I did write about them.

AZSneed likes this.
  9. Richard

Richard Active Member

I uploaded what I could from my files that I didn't already previously link, talk about in the earlier posts, or generally wrote about on my sites. Naturally their are a few exceptions. If you are the owner of the original material or created the digital files and would like me to remove it, let me know.

Fan Club: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d1a8zn1gn836ri4/AACptMrfs9lAdPsUW3s2GNWDa?dl=0

Field Guide: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/spafj9ujdk1gp17/AACdYfS45uZ8H-d0byRPwsZPa?dl=0

Ghostbusters Paper Props: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6ea4td2tz2maraj/AACEU9HK3jpqL8DIWapEk1Bqa?dl=0

Hardees: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fevs4l5af6dnbtg/AADJChd8KhIyWJE30gaBxoWla?dl=0

Iron Ons: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3fumd967z9l2v25/AAA454pJ-iO_mhxgfE0E0Ke7a?dl=0

Japan: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4x62n3rtql28qwg/AABTP0kV1XEbsWlb38JxWEDqa?dl=0

If I come across something else I can share those too.

AZSneed and Brigandia36 like this.
  10. 80sguy

80sguy Active Member

11. Richard

Richard Active Member

Is that art from the Gallery 1988 Ghostbusters exhibit at the time? The art ended up on the 30th anniversary blu ray. For some reason the artists weren't credited in the "digital gallery." Its been a while since I viewed it. I also don't remember a extended cut.

12. HULKSMASH1120

thats what the bluray rip was called on kick * torrents

13. Richard

Richard Active Member

Admin/Mods: Not trying to take this thread off topic. If it needs its own thread or isn't allowed based on the context, I'd understand.

HulkSmash1120: I see. I would never condone pirating a movie, less one that's been available in various formats since 1985 on home video. What was on the bootleg extended cut that wasn't on the officially released blu-rays? As a life long ghosthead I know for whatever reason Sony/Columbia left out content. i.e.: deleted scenes.

14. HULKSMASH1120

the rip was no good. the only thing that was accesable was the artwork. I own the movies but thought there might be some new content that i didnt have from the rip, unfortunately it was a bust and all i got was a few screen shots and the artwork. if i can get the rest to properly open and play then ill check the extras and see what is different from the bluray

15. Richard

Richard Active Member

If I had to guess, presuming the person or persons knew about these, extras might include (and I realize this is a different topic) music videos from The Bus Boys, Saving The Day, and RUN-DMC. Along with the EPK from when Ghostbusters II was being filmed. Their was a time that video or videos were around the internet. As I said in my last post, deleted scenes. Mostly from Ghostbusters II. One from "The University" only appeared on the Ghostbusters laserdisc.

I don't normally review blu rays. I made the one exception for Ghostbusters 30th anniversary. If anyone's interested, links below.

Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary blu-ray review: http://ghostbustersintern.com/2014/10/03/rich-reviews-ghostbusters-30th-anniversary-blu-ray/
    Ghostbusters II "30th" Anniversary blu-ray review: http://ghostbustersintern.com/2014/10/03/rich-reviews-ghostbusters-30th-anniversary-blu-ray/

16. AZSneed

AZSneed Sr Member

HulkSmash1120, thanks for the posters.

Richard, thank for the links! I was a member of the club, and still have the kit.

17. Richard

Richard Active Member

You're welcome. :cool That's amazing, I've been waiting since I wrote that blog post if any ghostheads either still had their official membership and if they did, would share scans of the paper items, if possible.

The personal membership card, property protected by Ghostbusters stickers, Ectomobile sticker, and issue or issues of The Official Trade Journal of Certified Ghostbusters.

I understand the rarity of these items. I had to ask. :)

AZSneed likes this.
  18. AZSneed

AZSneed Sr Member

I will look for the kit, and when I find it, will scan and post. As for the issues, not sure where they are, so not anytime soon.

19. Richard

Richard Active Member

Sounds good, something is better then nothing. :)

20. Brigandia36

Brigandia36 Sr Member

gb letter.jpg
    gb enveloppe.jpg

This is from the movie, not fan art.

Spiderstella, DMPOMP, Bear and 2 others like this.
  21. AZSneed

AZSneed Sr Member

Thanks for the Official Stationary!

22. Richard

Richard Active Member

Brigandia36: Do you know the source of the stationary? For me its rare when I come across a Ghostbusters "paper prop" I don't think I've seen before.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  23. Brigandia36

Brigandia36 Sr Member

"Report All Ghosts!" reads actor Dan Aykroyd's signature on this publicity shot for the 1984 action-comedy "Ghost Busters." The lot also includes a sheet of stationery and an envelope that both bear the Ghost Busters company letterhead, complete with address and phone number for reporting supernatural disturbances.

AZSneed and Richard like this.
  24. Richard

Richard Active Member

Thanks, understood now. :cool

25. AZSneed

AZSneed Sr Member

If there is no slime on them, they ain't real!

26. Richard

Richard Active Member

Are they real now? :D

gbsletterhead2.jpg gbslimenveloppe.jpg

Cleaned up the originals to be more current, not "laying around a Firehouse" for 32 years. Ectoplasm came from a Google search.

*edit* I also did the envelope, after uploading it here noticed a spacing issuing along an edge. I'll probably re-do it.

*edit update* I redid the envelope, its a little more subtle. I noticed the "spacing" was in the RPF 'preview.' I like my second version better.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  27. AZSneed

AZSneed Sr Member

Thanks, Richard! They do look like they really came from the Firehouse. I can hear Peter screaming, "SLIMER!"

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  28. Richard

Richard Active Member

You're welcome. :) Soon as I read they needed "slime," I knew I had to try something. :cool

An idea I had this morning. You know Dr. Venkman would just do this with another slightly different letterhead.

gbsletterheadstain.jpg

Coffee "stain" also found through Google images.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    Spiderstella and AZSneed like this.
  29. Bear

Bear Sr Member

30. Jay1138

Jay1138 Active Member

Anyone happen to have some good scans of the Ghostbusters magazine covers from the '84 movie?

31. Richard

Richard Active Member

Unfortunately I'm not aware that anyone has entirely created and shared the prop newspapers and magazines from the montage in Ghostbusters. I remember years ago on this site, one or more people were working on it. i.e.: The Atlantic. I don't think the members finished them. Or if they ever did I don't remember seeing them on RPF.

*edit* I don't remember if this was the thread I was thinking of. At least one member did finish the covers. I'm pretty sure they weren't offered in the former Ghostbusters paper prop thread.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=78092&highlight=Ghostbusters+covers

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  32. Richard

Richard Active Member

Recently at my site, Ecto-Containment I wrote about 2 different Ghostbusters II fast food promotions. In the US, Hardee's. For the UK (and maybe elsewhere in Europe) Wimpy. When I wrote my Wimpy post I didn't have photos from the kids meal. I found an image on eBay for the "Ghost license." Its too small to enlarge w/o pixelation. I haven't tried to recreate it, if anyone wanted to try, here is the image from what was then a current eBay auction.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    AZSneed likes this.
  33. Brigandia36

Brigandia36 Sr Member

Just finish to redraw this one:
    GB2DBBC.png

AZSneed likes this.
  34. AZSneed

AZSneed Sr Member

Thanks!

Spook Central!

35. Richard

Richard Active Member

It's been a long time since I've posted. I have news from the "world 'o Gozer."

First off, I had decided a little earlier this year not to renew the domain name for Ghostbusters International. Any file or page link to GBI in this thread, (most are in the Drop Box I linked to in this thread) can still be found at GBI's default WordPress url.

https://ghostbustersinc.wordpress.com

Secondly, after some years of waiting, one day randomly (because it was unexpected) on Twitter a ghosthead named Lance Dobersek shared a photo of his Official Ghostbusters Fan Club ID card. That's great! i had to ask if he'd scan it, for all of us he did. Scans are original and haven't been touched up or recreated by me.

​Sadly Lance doesn't have the quarterly journals. Perhaps someday (maybe in 2019 for Ghostbusters 35th anniversary) they will surface.

gbsoffanclubid.png gbsoffanclubid2.png

*Edit* April 30, 2018.

I slightly cleaned up the front of the membership card. More so to remove Lance's signature and add a new line if fans want to add their own and print it out.

gbsoffanclubidblank.jpg

I also recreated the ID card with the idea if the official club existed in 2018. However, after posting about it at Ecto-Containment (and feeling proud of my creative ideas) I noticed one mis-spelled word on the back of the card. NATURALLY :facepalm I didn't save a separate file for the back. Not trying to shamelessly plug Ecto-Containment. If you want to see the back card, feel free to visit my site. Thanks.

Here's the front of it.

gbsoffcard2018.jpg

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    Mike J. and AZSneed like this.
  36. Richard

Richard Active Member

Re: Wimpy (UK) Ghostbusters II Ghost License

In April of last year I posted a photo of the "ghost license" that was included with the Wimpy/Ghostbusters II meal box in 1989. I didn't have a big enough scan of it to try to recreate it. A ghosthead friend and collector not only has a Ghost License, David also has a meal box! :eek He put more effort than he needed to, to scan his meal box, ghost license, and allow me to share them at Ecto-Containment.

That's exactly what I did today.

https://ecto-containment.com/2018/05/07/wimpy-ghostbusters-ii-meal-box/

The meal boxes haven't been made like new as is usually what I do. For the ghost license I did make it "like new," changing the font for copyright information to match the like new version. It isn't the font from 1989, feels era appropriate.

wimpyghostlicensehires.jpg

ArgusUndercover likes this.
  37. Hotshot

Hotshot Sr Member

That was me. They were offered many years ago, have been added to, redone, repopped, and beyond. They are currently being recast/resold with ridiculously inaccurate sizes and home printing by a German member here on Etsy and EBay, but he didn’t get all of them. I also have the LIFE and Motor Trend covers from GB2.

The Atlantic was hand-redrawn by myself, the Omni is a restored version of a scan of the original prop, the Time and Globe were made with help from other paper prop makers here, and the rest were either sourced from original pics, studio resources, or personal archives. I have no intent on posting them for free here. Too much abuse. But you never know, I may do a run down the road.

Attached Files:

38. Onkelpsycho

Onkelpsycho Sr Member

There are also some digital Files in Etsy made by PaulElderDesign.

39. BrotherWilliam

BrotherWilliam Well-Known Member

I think I copied your "in progress" pic of the LIFE cover and was trying to track down the group photo source to I could complete this on my own at one point. Never did find the original.

40. Hotshot

Hotshot Sr Member

Unfortunately those are recast off mine as well. He only changed letter colors and the Princess Di pic on the Globe. He also altered the upc, the colors of the Omni, as well as adding two additional details I had left out to differentiate it from the screen used scan it came from. He also should have been more careful with two of the more obvious tells on both of those. I do applaud his efforts on the USA Today, except that he kept the custom logo I had done with another paper prop maker here. Oops. *shrug

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019