Limited Run Ghostbusters Jumpsuit (7 versions!) by Magnoli Clothiers

Quick question If I order one today which is an accurate pattern I could have before Halloween. I'm open to any of the designs as long as it's accurate. Thanks

While the slightly incorrect pocket placement, oversized mooglie patch and wrong hose connector on the original release weren’t really a huge deal to me, finding out that I have the incorrect rip-stop pattern fabric on my V1 suit does leave a bit of a sour taste in my mouth, especially after seeing the same version I have was being sold at a discount due to its inaccuracies. I really wanted to get a tan GB2 herringbone version as well, but already $200 into a suit that’s less than perfect doesn’t give me the best feeling from a customer standpoint… I understand that there have a been a myriad of changes in the middle of production and you guys have been quick to accept those inaccuracies and deal with them head on, but I also feel that us early adopters kind of got screwed. Granted, it was already a very long wait to start, but I would have easily waited as long as needed to have the perfect flight suit. My initial plan was to just replace the hose connector and be good to go, but now I’m to the point where I feel my $200 was kind of a waste being some sort of a guinea pig for the project. I’m not here trying to pick it apart, but just wish my monies would have been spent on the best possible GB flight suit on the market and I personally feel I’ve been short changed. I’m not trying to get something for nothing, but just putting my thoughts out there on the subject as an early adopter. I suppose I could just sell my current one and repurchase another, but that’s not my point here. I do appreciate, however, the insane attention to detail you have put into these! Just wish I would have known all of this before committing to the project back in May 2020.

The updated hose connector is finished, so the v1 suits will be finished and start shipping soon.

MIPKh0Ml.jpg

I just received my third attempt at a GB1 suit. Unfortunately, for some reason they made this replacement suit a 40R, instead of the custom measurements of the suit it was replacing. It seems like maybe someone in the production line just doesn't have a careful eye.

EDIT: I've updated my opinion on the fabric after studying it closer

The new batch of ripstop fabric is not identical to the first fabric, but rather a third version. Although I like the feel of the first version, I just finished comparing all 3 fabric versions against photos of screen used suits, and v3 is indeed the most accurate. The first version had "squares" that were really rectangles, while the new fabric has proper squares of a pretty accurate size and weight.The color is slightly different again, as will happen with dyeing, but I can't say it's less accurate than the first version. While the second fabric was a little too tan, this one has that "sometimes gray" effect of the originals in certain lighting, which was important. So, I can confirm that the latest GB1 ripstop looks very good.

Here's a comparison of all three fabrics, in order from left to right:
20210920_145100.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to see the new hose connector and the correct ripstop fabric.

Question: Does the new iteration of the suit have the black canvas name tags?

I just received my third attempt at a GB1 suit. Unfortunately, for some reason they made this replacement suit a 40R, instead of the custom measurements of the suit it was replacing. It seems like maybe someone in the production line just doesn't have a careful eye. There's a plus side though: it seems they've revised the way a standard 40R fits, because it is not huge like the first ones they shipped out. I would say this 40R fits the way you'd expect any good quality 40R suit to fit. So, it doesn't fit as well as the suit it's supposed to replace (bummer), but better than the first one I bought.

The new batch of ripstop fabric is not identical to the first fabric, but rather a third version. Although I like the feel of the first version, I just finished comparing all 3 fabric versions against photos of screen used suits, and v3 is indeed the most accurate. The first version had "squares" that were really rectangles, while the new fabric has proper squares of a pretty accurate size and weight.The color is slightly different again, as will happen with dyeing, but I can't say it's less accurate than the first version. While the second fabric was a little too tan, this one has that "sometimes gray" effect of the originals in certain lighting, which was important. So, I can confirm that the latest GB1 ripstop looks very good.

It was initially really frustrating to open the suit and see the size screw-up, but it's not too bad. I've now also noticed some stitching that's coming apart on this one, but it's salvageable and should be a good suit when all is finished.

View attachment 1496296
Can we get a look at the whole suit please? Mine should get getting shipped soon and I would like to see what I'm getting.

I just received my third attempt at a GB1 suit. Unfortunately, for some reason they made this replacement suit a 40R, instead of the custom measurements of the suit it was replacing. It seems like maybe someone in the production line just doesn't have a careful eye. There's a plus side though: it seems they've revised the way a standard 40R fits, because it is not huge like the first ones they shipped out. I would say this 40R fits the way you'd expect any good quality 40R suit to fit. So, it doesn't fit as well as the suit it's supposed to replace (bummer), but better than the first one I bought.

It was initially really frustrating to open the suit and see the size screw-up, but it's not too bad. I've now also noticed some stitching that's coming apart on this one, but it's salvageable and should be a good suit when all is finished.

View attachment 1496296
Could I get a look at the whole suit please? Mine should be shipping soon and I would like to see what I'm getting. Thanks.

Can we get a look at the whole suit please? Mine should get getting shipped soon and I would like to see what I'm getting.
Sorry, I don't really have a means of getting a good quality picture of it right now, but here's a quick photo of the new one. It does look pretty accurate in person.

20210922_104924.jpg

Trying all the suits on again, I think what I said previously about the fit of the new 40R was a little off. It does seem to still be excessively baggy in the legs, as before. However, I'm pretty sure the placement of the waist straps was fixed, because it's no longer a struggle to get them to sit above my belt.

I also examined the color of the fabrics more in different lighting, and it's weird how much the new ripstop seems to change dramatically depending on lighting. In this room, it actually sort of looks green compared to the first ripstop fabric, but it's tan or gray in other lighting. I'd say the color of the new ripstop is probably an improvement over both previous versions, and looks pretty accurate.

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't really have a means of getting a good quality picture of it right now, but here's a quick photo of the new one. It does look pretty accurate in person.

View attachment 1496856

Trying all the suits on again, I think what I said previously about the fit of the new 40R was a little off. It does seem to still be excessively baggy in the legs, as before. However, I'm pretty sure the placement of the waist straps was fixed, because it's no longer a struggle to get them to sit above my belt.

I also examined the color of the fabrics more in different lighting, and it's weird how much the new ripstop seems to change dramatically depending on lighting. In this room, it actually sort of looks green compared to the first ripstop fabric, but it's tan or gray in other lighting. I'd say the color of the new ripstop is probably an improvement over both previous versions, and looks pretty accurate.
Much appreciated

To call this new fabric ripstop is a huge stretch....Unless you really look closely you can see a really faint ripstop effect. But it's nowhere near as obvious as earlier fabrics or the screen used suits.

Also the fabric itself feel's cheap...The other suits I've got from Magnoli have felt quite strong and good quality. This feels like a cheap fabric....I would honestly rank the fabric as between the quality of fabric used on the Rothco and Tru Spec suits...

So for fabric quality and accuracy. This is a no/no.

Kudos to the people who got the first run of these and didn't have any issues because they are the only oness with accurate suits...This new fabric is not accurate in any way.

Indy seems like a decent enough bloke who did a lot to help me out with issues that occured in my first order and my second order, but these products just seem to get worse the further along production we get.

Considering I sold my Gibson & Barnes last week in prep for this coming and I don't have a flightsuit, I'm officially no longer a Ghostbuster...Unless Magnoli can go back to a more accurate version

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back