Limited Run Ghostbusters Jumpsuit (7 versions!) by Magnoli Clothiers

It's probably just as easy to have guys order from Todd directly and add his patches to the suit. We do have the option of leaving our patches off when ordering.
That’s fair enough, I’ve already opted for that.

I ordered 6 weeks ago, and I’ve asked for the arm patch to be left off so I can add Todds.

For those just now getting the shipping notification, will we be getting the updated patches & hose connector, or the old incorrect ones?

So to not receive an obsolete version we should’ve canceled the order as soon as you announced revisions? What is the procedure if we want to return the incorrect suit? Since I preordered the suit last fall, I certainly wouldn’t have mind waiting a little more instead of getting a suit I know is inaccurate.

Also keep us early adopters in the loop on the leg hose connector. The patch and adjustments to the pockets don’t bother me as much as a connector I cannot use as is.

I actually wore the Magnoli suit to a comic convention last month, and will be taking it out later this month as well. Unfortunately I was unable to utilize the hose attachment, even after trying to make an adapter to retrofit my larger diameter leg hose. I ended up just stuffing the end of the connector in the side pocket. I also used my own name patch as I felt the one supplied was far too narrow overall.

C5C459A1-9ECB-4A5D-8AD9-E555047218EA.jpeg

Speaking of the name patch, this is a comparison photo of the Magnoli (2nd, most narrow patch) to GBFans (top), Katarra8 (3rd), Calgary Ghostbusters (4th) and finally some random name patch from my original 2008 tru-spec suit. I can further explain the no-ghost “mooglie” patches if anyone needs a breakdown of those…

Attachments

• 515C667A-55F9-4BD7-A9F3-7B093DE63A9B.jpeg
    515C667A-55F9-4BD7-A9F3-7B093DE63A9B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 141
I was just planning to order a suit today/tomorrow but now that I see there's an update coming I believe I should wait. I was debating between the GB1 and GB2 grey.

The patterns have already been updated. The new patches are being made and the hose connector should be ready in a couple of weeks. You can order now and just put a note in the comment section that you want the updated patch and hose connector to make sure you get on that run.

The patterns have already been updated. The new patches are being made and the hose connector should be ready in a couple of weeks. You can order now and just put a note in the comment section that you want the updated patch and hose connector to make sure you get on that run.
Thank you for letting me know. Ive always wanted to order one but was not sure when to do so.

So, those of us who already got the old hose connector design, is there any way we can get just the updated hose connector?

Yeah I had ordered the suit last month if I recall and I had confirmation that my suit will have the updated patch and connector I believe! Since it is apparently planned to be shipped in September!

I received my corrected suit, which has the attachments left separate per instructions, fits nicely, and included the new revised patch. That was cool.

The problem, which may be affecting everyone here waiting on GB1 suits, is that the fabric was changed. It's a different ripstop fabric than what was previously posted in pictures, and what my first incorrect suit was made of. The new fabric is a little darker, more tan (doesn't really have that "sometimes gray" effect of the originals), and has very small ripstop squares that are much smaller than the screen used fabric. I counted squares against the patch features to confirm this. The original Magnoli fabric was basically spot-on in both color and pattern. This is really disappointing, as I already own other flight suits, but the correct ripstop fabric was the big draw with this one.

EDIT:
I should also mention that the name patches are more accurately sized now (new one on the left). The fabric of the patch is still wrong, but the size is about perfect now.

Attachments

• 20210706_205208.jpg
    20210706_205208.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 132
  • 20210707_075236.jpg
    20210707_075236.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Our fabric supplier switched the ripstop on us without letting us know. We're sourcing more of the original cotton right now and will continue to offer this as the standard option for our v1 suits. As for the color, these are all custom dyed, so each batch can vary slightly. We do our best to maintain consistency in color, but there will always be minor variations in tone.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back