Limited Run Ghostbusters Jumpsuit (7 versions!) by Magnoli Clothiers

I just received my suit. The arm patch is slightly bigger than the Todd Cook one.

The suit itself looks great, but I'm irritated that they ignored my instructions to leave the patches and leg hose off. I included the note when ordering a year ago, and sent multiple emails about it, with confirmation back that they'd leave those things for me to attach. Now, when attaching my own patches and connector, I'll have extra holes in the fabric if I want to tweak the placement. Not cool.

Not for the leg hose connector. It has big ripped holes in the fabric, but the connector itself has the wrong number of holes, so my new one will not match it. The Magnoli connector seems slightly smaller than a GBFans one, so that might adequately cover those big holes, but it sucks that I don't have the option of placing it where I want.

20210413_195352.jpg

Not for the leg hose connector. It has big ripped holes in the fabric, but the connector itself has the wrong number of holes, so my new one will not match it. The Magnoli connector seems slightly smaller than a GBFans one, so that might adequately cover those big holes, but it sucks that I don't have the option of placing it where I want.
How are the patch placements they sewed on regardless? Is it worth the convenience of them doing it for you or is it not to your spec?
I just ordered myself as well.

How are the patch placements they sewed on regardless? Is it worth the convenience of them doing it for you or is it not to your spec?
I just ordered myself as well.
I need to spend more time scrutinizing it when I get home, but the patch placement looked pretty good at first glance.

In addition to the leg hose, I'm concerned about the fit of mine being bigger than my other flight suits of the same size. The torso seems longer than my others, and it's a struggle to get my waist straps to sit above my belt. Also, the waist straps seem to have excessively long elastic, and each side can wrap all the way across to my other side before it gets much tension.

I guess I should have gone with completely custom measurements instead of picking a standard size that I knew fit me with other brands, but I didn't want an excessively tailored look. I'm going to try to fix it, and see if I ultimately end up having to order another suit entirely and start the waiting period over again (and hopefully get them to follow my instructions on the patches). I definitely need a proper ripstop suit before Afterlife comes out one way or another.

So yeah, YMMV, but the results have been a bit of a bummer for me so far.

Last edited:
I'm a little late here, but Indy, I was wondering what reference photos you used for the design of the GB2 tan suit?

The reason I ask is that I've noticed at least 2 pretty significant discrepancies between the pattern that you've used for your suit and the main suit design that is seen throughout the second movie.

The first issue is with the "shoulder fabric" (not sure what the correct name for this is--feel free to correct me on the terminology). On your suit, it goes all the way to the sleeve:

However, for the suits in the movie, it clearly does not go all the way to the sleeve. Attached are a couple of reference photos from auctions and movie screenshots showing this:

The outer edge of this shoulder fabric looks to be in line with the outer edge of the fabric on the back of the suit:

I'll cover the second issue in a second post.

The second issue is with the stitching around and above the zippers on the breast pockets. It's difficult to explain the differences here, so I'll just share photos for comparison. First, your suit:

Next, reference photos from auctions and movie screenshots:

Having said all of that, I love your GB2 tan suit in so many other respects. As far as I know, nobody has attempted to recreate the herringbone suit before and I applaud you for doing it. I only bring these discrepancies up because I hope you can address them and make this suit as accurate as possible, both for myself (who really wants to purchase it if these corrections can be made) and the rest of the fan community.

Best regards,
Chris

Last edited:
What are you revising on the GB1 suit, if any? I love mine! Thinking about GB2 herringbone as well, but on hold for that one for now.

A few minor points (side pocket placement, for example). We're also tweaking the NoGhost patch and the hose connector as well.

Patch is being downsized ever so slightly. We're also going to see if we can change the stitching method we use to attach, but we might be limited in this regard. The hose connector is being reshaped and colored lighter. I'll post photos as soon as we have some of the updates.

Patch is being downsized ever so slightly. We're also going to see if we can change the stitching method we use to attach, but we might be limited in this regard. The hose connector is being reshaped and colored lighter. I'll post photos as soon as we have some of the updates.

Would you consider working with Todd Cook designs on his patches?

Within the community most people regard them as the best. So combined with your suit, you can’t really beat it …

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back