Limited Run Ghostbusters Jumpsuit (7 versions!) by Magnoli Clothiers

Here's a rougher interpretation of the original patches, with deliberate "imperfections", etc:

n0qqLkUl.jpg

The rough stitching on the tops is a bit forced, in my opinion, but I think this is getting to be a good mix of the originals and the idealized logos.

Here's a rougher interpretation of the original patches, with deliberate "imperfections", etc:

View attachment 1305579

The rough stitching on the tops is a bit forced, in my opinion, but I think this is getting to be a good mix of the originals and the idealized logos.

Getting there and a world of improvement from the first renderings. Some more thoughts from me.

GB2 Logo - Is that a part of the Ghost leg coming through - Not visible on the screen used patches, nor was it on your first prototype. Not sure why you've felt the need to include that..

GB1 Logo - The head still looks too perfect and pristine for me. It should slope off in a very pointy end rather then the little perfect tuft represented here.

Secondly the handsneed a bit of work in terms of the length and the shape

1591457557547.png

Here's the same areas circled on the screen used patch to show what I mean.

1591457692598.png

Improvements definitely been made...GB2 would have been perfect IMO if not for the random addition I pointed out. If this is fixed I'll definitely be using this patch on my suit.

As for the GB1, improvement has been made but still slight issues remain that as right now would mean I would prefer to use my existing patches

Attachments

• 1591457322707.png
    1591457322707.png
    421.8 KB · Views: 170
I'll see what I can do... they may have already "gone to press". Does anyone have a graphic version of the "less pristine" patch GB1 ghost? The hands especially would be good to have. I'm afraid the distortion of the photo (the stretched angle of the ghost's left hand is going to throw off the patch maker if we tell him to match that). We'll see...

abaka9, thanks for those comments. We'll pass these on to our embroider and see if we can tweak these a bit more. We'll keep posting updates, getting feedback and adjusting these suits until we're all happy with the final results.

What happened to posing updates, taking feedback and adjusting until we’re all happy? Surely, it would have been prudent for your patch maker to be on instructions to hold off on printing until feedback is gathered that people are happy with what’s on offer...

I look forward to hearing an update on the fabrics for the suits. For me I didn’t pay for this run for patches and hose connectors. The GB community has had great providers for these for years now, what I did pay for, is for accurate flightsuits made from accurate material. Let’s hope we have an update on them soon...and that they are of high quality as can be as feedback isn’t going to be prominent in this production as originally implied.

Edit - I will source some other images tomorrow when not on my phone and see what I can provide

I posted the second run of patches a week ago and the post received four thumbs-up and a positive reply. So we figured we were good to go. I'll see how for production has gotten with this latest update...

-Indy

I posted the second run of patches a week ago and the post received four thumbs-up and a positive reply. So we figured we were good to go. I'll see how for production has gotten with this latest update...

4 People isn't a lot of feedback, Neither is 4 days to gather feedback (Posted on Tuesday, I responded on a Saturday). I apologise that my lifestyle with a 5 week newborn at home, a wife recovering from an emergency C section and being designated as a key worker during the current pandemic means that I'm not able to respond to your what I can only guess is a 72 hour consultation (as apparently 4 days was too late to voice an opinion)

First and foremost why are you even needing feedback, do your eyes not work?, How can you not see the glaringly obvious fault with the GB2 patch....What the hell is this white bit....It's not his leg as it doesn't join on to anything.....It wasn't on the original patch verion so it's been a deliberate addition in the second attempt - Would love to know the logic for this addition.
1591608876968.png

As for the GB1. Here is a perfect reference picture of the screen used patch and also how good a repdoduction can be made

1591608908264.png

I'm also wondering when I can see the redner of my name tags that was told earlier that this can be requested once the order has been made....I'vepaid for 2 suits and asked and still not seen it.

But this also flags another area of concern that came to light on an email from someone in your team - Which gives me further concern of the accuracy or attention to detail of this run.

" Also could you confirm the name on the patch you want. Do you want them all in capitals: O/'HARE "

Of course I want them all in Capitals, why is that even a question. Where the items in the film not all in capitals.

Would someone who orders an Indiana Jones costume from you get an email asking, do you want the fedora cap or will a baseball cap suffice?

I think you're on the right track.
But considering that the screen used patches have small differences between them, I recommend using only a single reference of non-ghost patch.

Personally, I like this version.

img05.jpg

You'd be surprised about the custom requests we get. We've had people order long-coats in a waist-length, black Indiana Jones shirt and how about a bright NEON green James Bond jacket (normally midnight blue). If your name wasn't given in all caps, then a double-check is not a bad idea. We don't assume anything.

Anyway, sorry about the rush, we're just getting many daily e-mails asking for updates, so we're trying to push forward asap. I'll see about doing another proto patch based on that above scan. Stay tuned...

The "rough stitching" at the head of the ghost and the "Lover thread count/white showing through on the red" are both products of the patch being sewn onto the suit. It's my opinion that these don't need to be reproduced on the actual patch. These will happen when the patch is sewn (by hand) onto the suit.

The "rough stitching" at the head of the ghost and the "Lover thread count/white showing through on the red" are both products of the patch being sewn onto the suit. It's my opinion that these don't need to be reproduced on the actual patch. These will happen when the patch is sewn (by hand) onto the suit.

This is correct, and you can see what it looks like when I hand sewed one of my screen matched patches to my G&B suit.
thumbnail_IMG_6227.jpg

Bare in mind that GB2 also had regular No Ghost arm patches at the beginning of the film. This is personally the look I’m going for.
The patches look much “cleaner” than the first film’s so your initial design may be viable with a little tweaking.
77B6A30B-4463-4CEB-AC62-309CC679BBFB.jpeg
6038614F-F782-4FB9-978F-51FB26DBF6F1.jpeg
4C93FEE1-51B3-46A9-8801-875B9B1D0CFC.jpeg
AECB0C69-0869-4AC0-91F0-310069CF2372.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back