Limited Run Ghostbusters Jumpsuit (7 versions!) by Magnoli Clothiers

Looking at that pic. I do think that’s the newer Velcro and I’ve seen examples of it in different lighting and it’s a good match. Obviously I haven’t seen kn person yet but my only comment is it might be still a bit too dark but not a distracting amount. The approval image I got back in march had too much of an olive tint to it and this doesn’t have that at all.
I wouldn't say it's quite as distracting as the very dark 'olive tinted' Velcro that was featured on one of your suits but still not what I was led to believe the colour was when ordering. Also, 'distracting' is subjective to the individual & does stand out to me, especially in certain lighting.

I am more disappointed with the lack of weathering, as it was something I was very much looking forward to & upon shipping, I noticed the email made no mention of the process so contacted Joachim with my concern. He assured me it had been done to specification but obviously was not the case as per the supplied invoice.

I totally understand that being on different continents, it's borderline impossible to be across everything, however with something of this nature, QC photos supplied to the factory to Indy's team & then passed on to the specific customer to check over before shipping would seem like a good idea, purely to avoid many of these little issues arising from the factory not quite producing to spec. Sizing would be a different story of course.

I do want to say however, that the suit feels great quality, a lovely weight, fabric colour so kudos where it's due, just such a shame that these little issues keep arising which prevents a 100% perfect experience.

Have you given any thought to maybe adding the web belts to your catalog as well?

The only modern replicas available are through Rothco, and their eyelets/buckles aren't exactly the most sturdy since they're made out of what I can only assume is aluminum compared to the brass fittings of the original belts. Along with the cheap construction, they don't even sew down the frayed edge of the cotton webbing and it's led to con failures in the past.

I also have a vintage white pistol belt with original brass fittings and buckles if you need any reference for the real-world counterpart to replicate the custom-made belts from the 84 film.

Last edited:
Yep, we're looking into doing the belts as well. Maybe the elbow pads next...
I've got notes on the elbow pads if you're still collecting details. There are some particular behaviors/details about modern pads that just don't come close to replicating the feeling/look of the 1984/89 elbow pads that I would love to see you tackle

I'd be keen to see belt/elbow pads....I have a very good milspec one but it's getting on a bit and I'm always keen to have a replacement.

I suspect boots would be completely unfeasible due to costs.

I'd be keen to see belt/elbow pads....I have a very good milspec one but it's getting on a bit and I'm always keen to have a replacement.

I suspect boots would be completely unfeasible due to costs.
I mean he has offered custom boots in the past. I know quite a few people who'd be interested in jump boots with correct toe cap stitching, 11 eyelet design, and silver zips with the flat sole. No matter what boots you get, They're an investment. You don't want to cheap out on footwear

I mean he has offered custom boots in the past. I know quite a few people who'd be interested in jump boots with correct toe cap stitching, 11 eyelet design, and silver zips with the flat sole. No matter what boots you get, They're an investment. You don't want to cheap out on footwear
Doing the boots through our White Label line (ready made sizes) would still run around $295 (shipped), most likely.

I know I'd personally pay that amount for 100% accurate good quality boots, but would enough people be willing to part with it when they can find a pair of zippered corcorans or non zippered Corcs for around $100. The detail on the boots is less well known amongst majority of the GB community.

I just don't see a pair of $300 boots being popular enough to be feasible for production as most fans won't even know/appreciate the details that make them worthwhile...Which is sad.

Doing the boots through our White Label line (ready made sizes) would still run around $295 (shipped), most likely.
I know I'd personally pay that amount for 100% accurate good quality boots, but would enough people be willing to part with it when they can find a pair of zippered corcorans or non zippered Corcs for around $100. The detail on the boots is less well known amongst majority of the GB community.

I just don't see a pair of $300 boots being popular enough to be feasible for production as most fans won't even know/appreciate the details that make them worthwhile...Which is sad.

See that's what I paid for my first pair of zippered Corcs, They don't make the zippered ones anymore so the price has skyrocketed. I was able to get a pair of Vintage Jump boots with the right stitching/eyelet count for around $60. But because of their age, some minor repairs need to be done, and I'll still have to take them to a cobbler to have side zips installed/repair the damages. It'll end up being around the same price.

You're right that most casual fans won't go to the lengths hardcore fans will to match the details like that. But if someone is gonna pay that price for "brand new" boots, I'd go with ones that I know are quality and have the right details. You get what you pay for, and tbh the brand new zippered corcs didn't compare in fit/quality to some vintage boots I've worn in the past.

So last week, my new suits arrived including my replacement GB1 suit and they were perfect. Every tiny minute detail I'd asked for was followed and the sizes translated perfectly for the really perfect screen accurate look. These suits were worth the wait as they take GB costumes to the next level. Nothing comes close to the Herringbone & Ripstop versions. The final suit being the dark/gray/charcoal suit from GB2, now I think G&B make a very very close match, but the Magnoli suit has that extra bit that pushes the G&B to a close second.

My issues have been well documented. However, I'm glad I stuck with it as I now have my perfect idealised GB costumes. And in drawing a line in the sand, I want to thank Magnoli for making things right and sticking with it to get this right....But also for offering these suits in the first place. I have explored every option to get a ripstop suit made for about 6 years so it was a dream come true to have these.

I'm hoping to purchase another one in the coming months for a unique project I want to tackle and trying to convince some of my group to upgrade to these suits also. Ill be also keeping an eye on the progress of potential belts/elbow pads.

We've just added a new undershirt for this jumpsuit: Paranormal Shirt by Magnoli Clothiers

extra-image-3532.jpg

extra-image-3533.jpg

This is based on one worn by Murray which can be clearly seen in this photo:

rdi8gwXh.jpg

The waffle texture is a near perfect match as is the collar placement and stitching.

We've just added a new undershirt for this jumpsuit: Paranormal Shirt by Magnoli Clothiers

View attachment 1582371
View attachment 1582372

This is based on one worn by Murray which can be clearly seen in this photo:

View attachment 1582373

The waffle texture is a near perfect match as is the collar placement and stitching.

I hope you take notice of the feedback on Facebook about the pricing of this.

You can buy identical items for £20 online, so this is really pushing it. (As all the Facebook feedback says).

The pricing is based solely on our costs, so there really isn't anything we can do about this. Since we had the nearly identical waffle pattern, we thought with a screen accurate color with double-stitching, etc the hard-core fans would appreciate it. Obviously it's not for everyone...

I do agree the cost is relatively high. But we have to appreciate the costs to produce these. It will inevitably cost more for magnoli to make these than the source of cheaply available ones…so the price is going to have a premium.

Unfortunately my life has taken a severe turn for the worse and I’ve had to start parting with all my GB gear and accessories…Sad state of affairs after so long!

However, if I wasn’t in the mess I’m in right now…I’d probably be buying this item. I never looked at cost for Gb stuff (probably why I’m in this mess)…but it has that little bit extra that an off the shelf version doesn’t. It’s not for everybody, and if you do buy one, and you stand next to someone who has the cheaper alternative and someone wearing a black plain t shirt, the only person who will probably know and care about the extra detail is you.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back