Unlimited Run Ghostbusters Ghost Trap Kit - Removable cartridge, easy door functionality

ThrowingChicken

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Introduction:
1um6N8K.jpg

Hey Ghostbusters fans, I am excited to offer up my new trap kit. It comes with everything seen here, plus another 90+ nuts and bolts not pictured. The cartridge ejects via a lever and spring system, and the doors can be made to open and close using the simple servo setup created by Sean Charlesworth for the Tested trap. This is a full sized GB1 hero trap, with measurements sourced by John Anderson (Namebrand) off the PropStore trap. Check below for more details. Thanks for looking!

WIP build from this kit:

Kit Details:
grfwaL0.jpg

The main housing, battery compartment, and baseplate are all resin cast as one piece, and most of the screw holes have been marked for easy alignment, so there won't be a whole lot of assembly reqired. Inside of the battery compartment you will find a bracket for the spring-loaded ejection system, as well as mounting posts for the battery cover.

FhOiChf.jpg

The cartridge is resin cast. Like with the main housing, most of the screw holes have been marked for easy alignment. The frames for the doors are molded onto the cartridge, so the doors and their mechanics can be installed without having to work around the instrument panel. The bottom side of the cartridge has mounting posts for the cartridge baseplate.

eiC6dQ2.jpg

The instrument panel and ears are resin cast as one piece. The ears are hollow to allow room for the sprocket and chain needed for the door open/close mechanics (see Sean's guide for a hardware list or a link to his Etsy shop where he offers everything needed to run the doors). The slots on the inwards edge of the ears slip over the door frame on the cartridge, allowing the door mechanics to be installed without having to work around the instrument panel.

wV0yYW7.jpg

The doors are resin cast. The outside surface is marked with the caution stripping pattern for easy alignment and application of your caution tape. The backside has the hollow channel detail as seen on the hero prop.

JXjvp84.jpg

The trap handle is resin cast using TASK performance plastic for added durability. The lever used to release the spring-loaded cartridge is laser cut out of ¼” Delrin, which then sits within the slot carved out the front of the handle. A cover is included, which is to be glued down over the slot and the seam filled to hide it completely. All hardware to mount the handle is included, as well as the spring system for the lever.

Th92iji.jpg

The kit includes resin cast versions of the vector plate, resistor, side rods, and all the knobs, as well as axles for the wheels and the bearings. Do note: These are not the final versions.

zu5zU4a.jpg

The kit also includes all the side plates laser cut out of faux-aluminum ABS, as well as all the plates needed for the cartridge slide system, servo mounts, battery compartment cover, and instrument panel cover. Also pictured here are the serial ports, springs and ¼” rods for the ejection system, and the catch for the latch. Note: The front aluminum plate comes blank by default (GB1 version), but is also available with engravings around the dials (GB2 version). The engraving will the black, but can be painted in red.

Price:
The kit is $250 + shipping (calculated by location). Add $5 for the GB2 style engraving on the front plate (and let me know when you order).

Shipping times:
Since there are still a lot of little parts that need to come in from all over the world, I am going to put estimated ship time at 3-4 weeks. Purchases will ship in the order they were received.

How to order:
PM me with your name, Zipcode, and PayPal email address and I will have PayPal send you an invoice.

Seller information:
Justin Chase Black
San Antonio, TX
GBFans Feedback Thread - http://www.gbfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=102343
Etsy Shop - https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThrowingChicken
Artist Page - https://www.facebook.com/ThrowingChicken

Attachments

• 1um6N8K.jpg
    1um6N8K.jpg
    462.3 KB · Views: 703
  • 1um6N8K.jpg
    1um6N8K.jpg
    462.3 KB · Views: 1,425
  • 1um6N8K.jpg
    1um6N8K.jpg
    462.3 KB · Views: 193
  • grfwaL0.jpg
    grfwaL0.jpg
    681.3 KB · Views: 224
  • grfwaL0.jpg
    grfwaL0.jpg
    681.3 KB · Views: 254
  • FhOiChf.jpg
    FhOiChf.jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 238
  • eiC6dQ2.jpg
    eiC6dQ2.jpg
    850.4 KB · Views: 271
  • FhOiChf.jpg
    FhOiChf.jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 233
  • grfwaL0.jpg
    grfwaL0.jpg
    681.3 KB · Views: 226
  • FhOiChf.jpg
    FhOiChf.jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 368
  • wV0yYW7.jpg
    wV0yYW7.jpg
    789.1 KB · Views: 213
  • eiC6dQ2.jpg
    eiC6dQ2.jpg
    850.4 KB · Views: 222
  • wV0yYW7.jpg
    wV0yYW7.jpg
    789.1 KB · Views: 212
  • eiC6dQ2.jpg
    eiC6dQ2.jpg
    850.4 KB · Views: 216
  • Th92iji.jpg
    Th92iji.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 424
  • JXjvp84.jpg
    JXjvp84.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 253
  • JXjvp84.jpg
    JXjvp84.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 300
  • wV0yYW7.jpg
    wV0yYW7.jpg
    789.1 KB · Views: 316
  • JXjvp84.jpg
    JXjvp84.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 338
  • zu5zU4a.jpg
    zu5zU4a.jpg
    800.7 KB · Views: 170
  • zu5zU4a.jpg
    zu5zU4a.jpg
    800.7 KB · Views: 314
  • zu5zU4a.jpg
    zu5zU4a.jpg
    800.7 KB · Views: 154
  • Th92iji.jpg
    Th92iji.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 174
  • Th92iji.jpg
    Th92iji.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 226
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great, as long as all the branding is covered I could care less. I'd be up for one sometime soon, no money right now. Is there a kit for the pedal available somewhere too?

This looks really nice but I think all the branding diminishes it. I know those parts get covered but still...

I am sorry to hear that you feel the branding diminishes the kit, but as you've said, it all gets covered up. I would like to point out that this is not a vanity issue; Unfortunately recasting is rampant in this hobby, especially with Ghostbusters stuff (Almost every Ghostbusters replica maker I know has been recast at some point and I myself have been threatened to have my kits recast by now-banned members). I don't think we have ever seen a trap kit that pops out of the mold at this level of completion, detail, accuracy, and thoughtfulness; traits that may make it a target for recasting. So while a would-be recaster can fill in the watermarks, I see no reason to make it easy for them especially considering once fully assembled none of the branding will be visible at all.

If after putting this thing together you still think it is diminished because hidden underneath 3 plates held on by 13 screws and a knob is an engraving of my logo then I think your priorities might be a bit off.

ano4MVu.jpg

Looks great, as long as all the branding is covered I could care less. I'd be up for one sometime soon, no money right now. Is there a kit for the pedal available somewhere too?

I would like to tackle it at some point. Most of the parts for the pedal can be bought off the shelf, but if I can find a way to make it in a manner that would be preferable over assembling it totally from scratch then I may do so.

That is some fine work TC. And I don't think the branding is an issue, there are too many scumbag recasters out there, you've got to protect your hard work somehow.

Please put me on the list for the GB1 kit.

I absolutely love it.
For some reason the link to the trapdoor servo set up don't work for me. I found a link in the instructions PDF but there's a lot of different sets and parts. What exactly is needed?

I absolutely love it.
For some reason the link to the trapdoor servo set up don't work for me. I found a link in the instructions PDF but there's a lot of different sets and parts. What exactly is needed?

So Sean sells this kit here that comes with everything you would need, but if you want to source the parts elsewhere you could get by with just the following:

Tower Pro MG90S servo (x2)
1/8" diameter x 1" shaft (x2) (I just used 1/8" brass rod from Home Depot)
#S082 .1227” pitch 8 tooth 1/8” bore sprocket (x2)
#S103 .1227” pitch 10 tooth 3/16” bore sprocket (x2)
.1227” pitch plastic chain (12")
1-72 x 1/16” set screw (x2)

The parts needed for my kit differ slightly from what Sean's calls for as my kit doesn't require a transfer shaft; The chain goes directly from the sprocket on the doors to the sprocket on the servo.

Very cool, what's an estimate of the time needed to put a trap together?

That's a good question. I haven't done a timed build yet; I'll have to do that when I put my tutorial together.

I would like to say you could have it drilled, filled, sanded, and ready for paint in about an hour or two, assuming you are using a quick setting filler like Bondo. If you are gluing the handle down (your choice, even though it is TASK resin it's still going to be the most likely point of breakage, so you may want to just let it be secured with the bolts in case you have to remove it some day), then that will be the only part that really needs to be in place before painting. Everything else gets assembled after the paint dries, so from that point on you're mostly just screwing parts in place. Just a guess, but maybe 3-4 hours spread over 2 days to allow paint to dry.

I used Heavy Props trap kit to light mine. Until I can figure out Arduino anyway. A proton gun light kit could be repurposed as well, but it's a bit overkill.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back