Interest Ghostbusters ECTO 1 & 1A Prop License Plates from Original Maker - 2022

DB537

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
CURRENT SHIPPING ESTIMATE IS LATE 2022. THE ORDER IS TAKING LONGER THAN ORIGINALLY ESTIMATED TO COMPLETE, BUT ALL ORDERS WILL SHIP AS SOON AS THEY ARE READY.

This thread is for interest in a possible group order of screen-accurate 'Ghostbusters' ECTO 1 and ECTO 1A license plates.

If you want the alternate ECTO 1 plate or the ECTO 2 plate, both as seen in the second movie, these will also be available by request.

These are full size 12" x 6" US size license plates. I will have a sample of the actual plates available for photos sometime in May.

These plates would be made by the same company (EHP) that did the actual screen-used props for the movies in 1984 and 1989, and will have 100% accurate details. Their ordering process is a little more complicated/involved than with most other businesses, but I have an account with them and should have no issues with this order.

There are cheap mass produced replicas of this plate available elsewhere, but these plates will have 100% accurate details from the original source.

The license plate number and ECTO 1 pinstripe border is made of an adhesive-backed die-cut material, just like the originals.
The flat graphics on the ECTO 1A plate are printed on clear vinyl, also just like the originals. All details are sealed with a clear coat.

The price for this item is $100 per plate, or $180 per pair, which includes free 2-3 day USPS Priority Mail shipping in the US.
Orders outside the US will have an added shipping fee which will be calculated by Etsy when you order.

If your country is not available on the shipping options, please let me know and I'll see if I can fix it.

I will not be actively updating the interest list here. I will be keeping track of all the orders through Etsy when the plates are listed.
You will receive an email from Etsy with your tracking number when your shipping label is printed.

Thanks!

ECTO-1.png

ECTO-1 2.png

ETCO 1A.jpg

GB2 ECTO 1.PNG
GB2 ECTO 2A.JPG

Last edited:
I ordered 2 pairs of each Ecto plate for photos and to see how they look before placing the larger order.
I should have those in a few weeks. One set of plates is reserved for someone, but 2 of each plate will be available then.
If everything looks good, I'll make a larger order for enough plates for everyone else in the interest list.

Also, if anybody needs a Statue of Liberty style ECTO 1 plate (without the 'A') as seen early in GB2,
or the ECTO 2 plate that was briefly seen later in the movie, I can get those or any other number you need.
Custom number requests (other than ECTO 1 or ECTO 2) can only be done in matched pairs, not single plates.

I may be able to lightly weather some of the plates similar to the appearance of the ECTO 1A plate in the screencap.
I will test the aging method on some generic prop plates from my collection and post the results here in a few days.

I’m in.

This thread is for interest in a possible group order of screen-accurate 'Ghostbusters' ECTO 1 and ECTO 1A license plates.

If you want the alternate ECTO 1 plate or the ECTO 2 plate, both as seen in the second movie, these will also be available by request.

These are full size 12" x 6" US size license plates. I will have a sample of the actual plates available for photos sometime in May.

These plates would be made by the same company (EHP) that did the actual screen-used props for the movies in 1984 and 1989, and will have 100% accurate details. Their ordering process is a little more complicated/involved than with most other businesses, but I have an account with them and should have no issues with this order.

There are cheap mass produced replicas of this plate available elsewhere, but these plates will have 100% accurate details from the original source.

The license plate number and ECTO 1 pinstripe border is made of an adhesive-backed die-cut material, just like the originals.
The flat graphics on the ECTO 1A plate are printed on clear vinyl, also just like the originals. All details are sealed with a clear coat.

The price for this item is $100 per plate, or $180 per pair, which includes free 2-300 day USPS Priority Mail shipping in the US.
Orders outside the US will have an added shipping fee which will be calculated by Etsy when you order.

I will not be actively updating the interest list here. I will be keeping track of all the orders through Etsy when the plates are listed.
You will receive an email from Etsy with your tracking number when your shipping label is printed.

This will be a more limited run than the OUTATIME group order that recently ended. It will be limited to about 50 total plates.

The ETSY PRE-ORDER links will be posted later this week.

Thanks!

View attachment 1446373

View attachment 1446374

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back