Ghostbusters: Afterlife

That's because studios usually know when they have a bad movie and don't make it available for screening ahead of time.

Also, most embargo reviews until release so anyone who has seen it early, they can't tell you if it's good or bad. If you're seeing good reviews, you can be pretty sure they're paid shills.

Yeah, those early tweet reviews sound like marketing pieces.

It offers some more confirmation about what the studio wants the movie to be. But that was already clear enough.

I get the feeling that they have some faith in the movie, though. If they thought it was a serious turd then they wouldn't be pitching it like this. Words like "heartfelt" and playing up the new characters rather than the old, etc. If the studio smelled trouble they would be showing the old cast members, pushing the action and horror/gore, etc.

They wouldn't be pitching the movie at all if it was the worst kind of turd. They would be scaling back the marketing. The attitude would be "No point throwing more good money after bad."

Last edited:
I love Ghostbusters. I really, really do. I have two minds about this movie. 1. I'm glad it's happening. 2. I wish it never was.

Why?

Because I've wanted this since GB2.

Why do I wish it never happened?

Because I have been disappointed by every sequel to 30+ yeah franchise films I've seen.

I know "the guys" are older, but I don't want 5 minutes of them. I want them featured through the entire film or at least a good chunk of it. If we get some lame Sequel Trilogy garbage where the heroes we love appear just to fill space and time, get their characters ruined and killed, well, I'm going to be majorly disappointed but not surprised.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back