Ghostbusters: Afterlife

lol!! Yup! I’m more of a ford historian then chevy

But I’ve wanted a 59 M&M since I was a kid... I found a 1960 hearse many many years ago that needed a lot of work, and started researching what I needed for a donor car to make the rear, and front end accurate

Car was crushed..

I highly agree the audience isn’t suppose to realize what works in real world

But being raised in a garage, I always judge right away at what can and can not be done “what’s real”

This is why I think the fast and the furious movies are all a joke (minus Tokyo drift that’s the only good one)

Nothing I love more then real cars doing real stunts..

My speciality is getting drag cars to hook, to transplant the power geometry wise to the ground. I’m very good friends with some very fast professionals (some on tv shows) and learned all the tricks from them

So to see a 5100lb vehicle.. heck probably heavier now with all the hydraulics, and props on the roof.. and all new suspension..

Come racing around that corner.. totally amazing

I am DYING to see the underside of this car.. dying to see it! Has to have some kind of new trail arm, 3 link, panhard bar setup...

Heck, look at when it slides at the end, see how far that white wall tire stretches?! I’ve watched it over and over and AMAZED the tire didn’t break off the bead.. white walls are known to be floaty and balloony.. can’t imagine the feeling behind the wheel trying to pull that off..

Absolutely love that scene

Last edited:

But I’ve wanted a 59 M&M since I was a kid... I found a 1960 hearse many many years ago that needed a lot of work, and started researching what I needed for a donor car to make the rear, and front end accurate

Car was crushed..

I highly agree the audience isn’t suppose to realize what works in real world

But being raised in a garage, I always judge right away at what can and can not be done “what’s real”

This is why I think the fast and the furious movies are all a joke (minus Tokyo drift that’s the only good one)

Nothing I love more then real cars doing real stunts..

My speciality is getting drag cars to hook, to transplant the power geometry wise to the ground. I’m very good friends with some very fast professionals (some on tv shows) and learned all the tricks from them

So to see a 5100lb vehicle.. heck probably heavier now with all the hydraulics, and props on the roof.. and all new suspension..

I am DYING to see the underside of this car.. dying to see it! Has to have some kind of new trail arm, 3 link, panhard bar setup...

Heck, look at when it slides at the end, see how far that white wall tire stretches?! I’ve watched it over and over and AMAZED the tire didn’t break off the bead.. white walls are known to be floaty and balloony.. can’t imagine the feeling behind the wheel trying to pull that off..

I now know what my wife & kids have felt like when I started talking about props. Lol

Does anyone else remember a conversation in a ghost busters thread about a book of photos about weird New York roof tops? I thought it was in this thread, and I wanted to see about getting a copy of the book, but I can't find it now.

Halliwax I could have sworn you were one of the folks discussing it.

Trying to remember..... it escapes me right now

I did learn today the 3 ectos made for the new film are LS7 powered!!! Dying to still see the suspension!

Perfect, you even sent me right to the post. Thank you much. :)

3kg02e.jpg
via Imgflip Meme Generator

A car this heavy probably has to have truck arms probably with coil overs.

Ghostbusters Plasma Series Spengler’s Neutrona Wand is now up for pre-order on Hasbro's PULSE site. It's being touted as being "as seen in" the new film. It's really distressed & has what looks like duck tape on the grip.

EXTREMELY excited about having this & what it could mean for the story in AFTERLIFE.

EDIT: No idea why my first paragraph is yelling. Lol

I didn't feel like this needed it's own thread, but yesterday, February 24th, was the 6th anniversary of Harold Ramis' passing.

The official Twitter account posted this...

Screenshot_20200225-133826.png

After the reveals at Toy Fair last weekend, then this, I'm for some reason more hyped for this movie than ever. I'm also afraid of the amount of dust or odor of onions that'll be floating around the theater.

Ecto-1:

Do we know who is building/supplying the Ectos for this movie? Is it Dennis McCarthy's outfit, that does the 'Furious' movies (among others)?

He uses mostly LS3 crate motors, TH400 trannys, Ford 9" rearends, Wilwood or Baer brakes, aftermarket chassis parts, etc. Looking at that last shot of Ecto-1 in the trailer sliding to a stop, I see probably a tightened-up rear suspension. But IIRC the factory rearend on those cars was already a 4-link deal so it wouldn't take major reworking to do that.

As for the tire staying on the rim - bear in mind that it's a stunt car on a movie set. It's gonna be set up to slide predictably, not grip well. Those rear tires could be aired up to 50 psi. And it's probably a modern radial tire with fake whitewall sides.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back