Ghostbusters Afterlife: Adam Savage's Aztec Death Whistle

Kylash

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I first noticed this as an accessory of the Podcast figure that came out and a Clue game set and mentioned it in the Afterlife thread, and go figure, asavage made them for the film!

podcast_plasma_series_aztec_whistle.jpg

I love little hand made props like this. So Adam, gonna do an RPF kit run? Or Measurements? :lol: If not, this is definitely something I would love to tackle.

Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 10.31.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 10.37.57 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 10.38.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 10.40.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 11.02.42 AM.png

Last edited:
Really a fun weekend project. I hope we get some print files or photos with a bit more scale markers As I would love to have one on my shelf.

What a cool prop! Only watching the video now. I know there are x-rays of old death whistles floating around online. Have some saved as I had always wanted to make one, with the two interior chambers for the sound. Wonderful prop!

Thats awesome! Great sculpt, absolutely love the texture, very much looks like old bone. It was supposed to look like rotten bone right? Looking really really great!!!

Thats awesome! Great sculpt, absolutely love the texture, very much looks like old bone. It was supposed to look like rotten bone right? Looking really really great!!!
He mentioned in the video it’s supposed to look like ancient stone, I think most of the real ones are pottery.

He mentioned in the video it’s supposed to look like ancient stone, I think most of the real ones are pottery.
Right you are! Well Adam says rotted stone, so I had it half right :lol: It really is a beautiful sculpt and captures the spirit of the original!

Here's basically what you need to make a death whistle work. This is the piece im hoping to insert, sealed, into a casting, and then drill into either side of. Otherwise, i could just drill out a casting the way Adam did in the video, or rotocast them, and then somehow get the small hollow ball with the hole inside there from one of the openings. The eye holes going in alters the sound slightly, but with my tests, it still works.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 2.34.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 2.34.59 PM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Did some testing and found I can still get a good sound with just the eye holes and top hole.

Sculpt wise, I’m calling this done. (EDIT, might make the bottom teeth a little longer after checking reference again) Got some 20T silicone showing up tomorrow.

5B78102B-9A0E-424D-B216-27B4B9882C69.jpeg
12A811A4-ECFB-45C3-A59C-BE2098EB77B9.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back