Ghostbusters 30th anniversary, theatrical re release, boxed blu-ray set

Also, this Saturday, there's going to be a 30th anniversary rewatch that's going to go on. The Ghostbuster's Facebook page had information on what times the rewatch will start.

Ghostbusters_BoxSet_3Dpackshot2.jpg

If anyone has been to a LEGO store lately, the Ecto-1 is on store shelves now. I was actually able to get it for cheaper at a public market for $45 rather than $69 at the LEGO store. :D Just finished putting it together and going on display on my media shelf next to my Dan Aykroyd signed Crystal Head Vodka Bottle and signed Ghostbusters DVD. Too bad Harold Ramis didn't get to see himself immortalized in LEGOs.

With Ghostbusters hitting theaters next week... is it going to also be on IMAX? Mr. Stay Puft on the big screen would be great. :cool

I'm not ashamed to share this, but Facebook had a Ghostbusters Selfie event, where they tried to set a world record of Ghostbuster fans taking selfies with their Ghostbusters gear, adding #GB30 to their post to tag it. I did one myself.

IMG_4001.JPG

the sound was great. as was being able to see things i never noticed in the many many years of watching it on tv / vhs when i was a kid, like the stay puft branding on the marshmallows in dana's apartment, and the staypuft ad painted on the side of a building.

We all went today to see it. Definitely worth seeing it again on the big screen. My goddaughter is the same age now as I was when I first saw it in theaters all those years ago. Funny how things come back around.

Saw it tonight. Oh, I love the crudeness of it all. The grainy image, the back-and-forth ADR to Set Audio edits, the Matte work, the transparent matte elements ect. This is definitely a film that was finished in the 80s and hasn't been altered since.

Just a note about the Stay Puft Marshmallows box. On one side it's happy Mr. Stay Puft, and on the reverse it's angry Mr. Stay Puft.

I absolutely cannot stand that "angry" Stay Puft artwork. I will never understand why licensed GB products started using the terrible NECA Stay Puft and Slimer figures as the base for almost everything featuring the two characters on it. It drives me NUTS!! Slimer isn't so bad I suppose, but I have always hated that likeness for Stay Puft.

Hey, this was just shared via Facebook. Call the following phone number to hear a special message: (212) 897-1964. Trust me, you'll be surprised to hear who still happens to be working at the Ghostbusters' HQ.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back