Limited Run Ghostbusters 2016 Reboot JUMPSUITS by Magnoli Clothiers

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've got plenty of good photos of the suits, but having a hard time finding really clear images showing the name patches. We want to match the original font perfectly, so the more photos we can get, the better!

Very excited for this!

Question: Will both reflective and non-reflective silver tape be offered? The film used both styles on the suits, depending on what the scene lighting called for.

inbound1752321746936496928.jpg

The lettering for the film suits were offset silver on top of orange with no border.This is the best image I have from a research group on Facebook of the nametags.

Very interested in this! And I Just realized I forgot to send my photos of the suits from the Madam Tussaud's exhibit to a friend that's been chatting to you about this!

I'm leaning toward using non-reflective strips, myself.

Thanks for the additional photos! I'm usually great at matching up fonts, but this is proving to be a challenge! I've got through so many slab serif fonts, used my usual "font finder" websites and so far... no good matches. The offset silver-and-orange will be no problem, as well as mounting on a self-fabric patch, but we need to figure out that blasted font first.

I'm leaning toward using non-reflective strips, myself.

Thanks for the additional photos! I'm usually great at matching up fonts, but this is proving to be a challenge! I've got through so many slab serif fonts, used my usual "font finder" websites and so far... no good matches. The offset silver-and-orange will be no problem, as well as mounting on a self-fabric patch, but we need to figure out that blasted font first.

I graduated in graphic design and got a huge hard drive of fonts from friends, if needed I can see if I have anything that looks similar. Or if it's custom I can try to vector some of the letters!

Kitty Butler Any help would be appreciated! I doubt they'd make a custom font for this, so it's GOT to be out there somewhere. Let me know if you find anything! I'll post when and if I find a good match. There are plenty of "close" ones... but nothing perfect (I'm a bit OCD when it comes to fonts... well accuracy in general, I guess).

I remembered the toys had a similar font so I used that to help. It's the descender on the R that's very specific... and the serifs on the T come down longer than the typical Slab Serif. I found these 2 fonts that look like it. But comparing the E, it's missing the serifs in the middle

toys.jpeg

Winner.JPGYearbook.JPG

I kind of like the reflective silver, myself.

The movie’s color palette was so vibrant. And, since LEDs were used to highlight the ghosts, everything glowed. The shimmery nature of the reflective tape just built on that.

I also like the municipal component. The ghost sanitation workers looked like ghost sanitation workers, OSHA-style safety equipment and all.

6B9F7FD9-61B1-4375-8D97-7180FF9B7261.png

I'll see if we can do both versions. We'll already be offering two versions of this suit: the Gilbert/Holtzmann version and the Tolan/Yates version (with extra hip pockets). We might as well have a reflective/non-reflective option as well.

Can we discuss the boots worn in the film?

It seems as though 14-eyelet Doc Martens were possibly used as a base, but custom soles were attached. I’ve looked at countless boot brands and I have yet to find soles that look like what is on the screen-used boots.

Thoughts?

C24A7378-71A1-47F8-BBB0-12E9018BA22C.jpeg

085DFB64-B0EF-4DC1-B1F5-28C0F73F815C.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back