Ghostbusters 2016: Holtzmann

SupersonicGabi

I have a horrible habit: every time I see a new movie that I love I immediately jump into building a new costume. So last night when I saw Ghostbusters for the second time, silently fangirling over Holtzmann and her weirdness, my friend Olivia leaned over and said "you're gonna cosplay her right?" to which I responded "Yes. Yes I am."

I discovered yesterday while talking to a friend who's a GB cosplayer that I had never actually seen either of the original movies. My shame was palpable, as it is here. But given that fact, I would rather not dive into the GBFans forum yet. I'm a fan of the new movie, and now I have seen the originals. So I'm asking for a bit of patience from the purists, I dunno everything about everything, so yeah.

All that being said, having seen aforementioned GB Cosplayer friend build his reboot pack, I am not going to dive into that end of the pool (at least not yet. Probably never, because I am poor, but not yet at least.) I'm going to be going with this look:
Ghostbusters_Kate_McKinnon_Black_Leather_Jacket-1000x1000.jpg
I've been looking around for pieces. I think I already found the glasses, and snatched them up as soon as I did (for $28 bucks!)
s-l1600.jpg

For comparison,these are the Sterling 23 Spectre glasses that were created as a replica of the ones in the movie:
spectre.jpg

Mine are missing the mesh on the side shields, but an easy fix. Also, the lenses aren't yellow but if they end up being Plastic (which given that they are safety glasses, I would hope they are) they can be dyed with RIT. Another feature of these vintage glasses is that the ear pieces lay flat. A couple times in the movie, Holtz takes them off her face and lets them dangle from an ear, so that will work perfectly.

The second thing is the Screw U necklace, and I have found one replica so far
13392791_1100102833380621_713710872_n.jpg

I have emailed the creator (Endless Wonder Studios) to see if they are doing a run, and I'll report back (unless they're here and see this before the email, which may happen.)

The rest of the costume may be thriftable. A green crop top, I own similar boots, paint covered overalls, a black leather jacket and the silver duffel. I have had a hard time finding a similar jacket and duffel, but I've only been looking for a few hours.

Attachments

• Ghostbusters-Jillian-Holtzmann-Black-Jacket.jpg
    Ghostbusters-Jillian-Holtzmann-Black-Jacket.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 2,622
  • Ghostbusters_Kate_McKinnon_Black_Leather_Jacket-1000x1000.jpg
    Ghostbusters_Kate_McKinnon_Black_Leather_Jacket-1000x1000.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 754
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 505
I think the coat is this one:VTG KENVELO MOTO CUIR Motorcycle BIKER RIDER LEATHER JACKET M 03247

s-l500.jpg

As far as I can tell, they're pretty similar. this one sold for $39 on ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a 3D printed version of Holtzmann's necklace. I don't know if you have access to a 3D printer, but you're welcome to the STL files if you want them.

My_final.jpg

I have yet to see this movie but I already know I want to do a Holtzmann outfit! I especially want that necklace.

EDIT:

I'm doing a bit of research. Those glasses are sold out... damn

That necklace. It seems Rubies has one in their catalog for this year's costume releases. Entertainment Earth has it for pre-order but I can't find any pictures of it. I'd buy it if it's decent looking. Would rather have the Endless Wonders one.

EE Link: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RU32952#.V40LbLgrKM8

Last edited:
I kinda do hahaha I have a friend who has one and he's been printing for me. I've been talking to him about the necklace and he said he may actually be making it in metal... I maaayyy ask him to make me one XD

I'll tell him you have files though!

I have yet to see this movie but I already know I want to do a Holtzmann outfit! I especially want that necklace.

EDIT:

I'm doing a bit of research. Those glasses are sold out... damn

That necklace. It seems Rubies has one in their catalog for this year's costume releases. Entertainment Earth has it for pre-order but I can't find any pictures of it. I'd buy it if it's decent looking. Would rather have the Endless Wonders one.

EE Link: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RU32952#.V40LbLgrKM8

My glasses were a lucky find. I got them first because I was really worried about not finding similar ones. She wears like 3 different sets of goggles so I'm sure you can find one in stock!

Holtzmann wears at least four different pairs of glasses/goggles in the film. Anyone got any ideas on the last pair pictured here?

hotlzman-big-guns.jpg

Thanks.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

I successfully tinted my lenses yellow last night! I used yellow headlight vinyl and cut it to size. Scratch protection, tint, AND plenty to make replacements!
f86ec9799db3b4ea537175ac4bc05c1d.jpg
5ece987919e93a088d9a33f234c30892.jpg

Also, got my jacket and a pair of overalls.
2bc9a010008563e42af09568457aa2cd.jpg
47e24585de6d792897bec8bb95d30d0e.jpg
Gonna have to dye the overalls but I think they'll work for this.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Holtzmann wears at least four different pairs of glasses/goggles in the film. Anyone got any ideas on the last pair pictured here?

View attachment 647349

Thanks.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

I know you already got this answered for you, but I thought I'd add my research in as well. Someone on Tumblr made this incredible in depth post on the glasses here. They have a link to a more modern version of the final glasses right here without the colored lenses (which you'd probably have to do yourself). Plus those ones are only $10, so score! Alright, just thought I'd drop in with my information. Good luck!

In case anyone is interested... the Replica sunglasses made by O'Riginals are getting another run. I just saw the post on Facebook. They had enough interest to make another run with pre-sales starting tomorrow morning.

Delivery is slated for November. I'm glad I didn't buy any others!

In case anyone is interested... the Replica sunglasses made by O'Riginals are getting another run. I just saw the post on Facebook. They had enough interest to make another run with pre-sales starting tomorrow morning.

Delivery is slated for November. I'm glad I didn't buy any others!

It is worth mentioning that these are $87, and probably limited, so I personally like the idea of finding vintage ones, but that's just me and I know I am cheap for this forum XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, I might be able to help you with a few things. This was my build from Dragon Con 2015: http://borzou.deviantart.com/art/Jillian-Holtzmann-purple-overall-version-559196541

I made the duffel from scratch. There are a few versions of it. 2 things that I do not have that the movie version has is a flap that goes over the top, covering the zipper and a radiation symbol. I have to watch the movie again, but I believe I'm pretty close.
See here for my progress.

The gloves she wears are very close to the Riparo Fingerless gloves: https://www.amazon.com/Riparo-Motor...4152&sr=8-1&keywords=riparo+fingerless+gloves
The watch she wears is a Montres Carlo #MC35011 Men's Faux Dual Dial Fashion Lefty Silicone Band Watch

Good luck on your build!

Edit: I've updated the Screw U pendant I was wearing. When the movie is released on DVD, I'm going to make a more definitive metal one.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back