GHOSTBUSTER PACK i JUST GOT OF EBAY

uscm buzz

oK fELLas.. I recieved this pack about a week ago.. and didnt open the box till today, scared I might have ripped myself off.. ..I dont know alot about GB props.. the pics looked pretty good so I bought it.. I paid $200 for it.. which I thought was cheap for a GB pack.. mind you its homemade and probably isnt very accurate at all..I realize you do PAY for accuracy.... but it looked like a pack when I bought it.. I was thinking of me and my buddy going as ghostbusters this year.. and figured this might gimme a good start.. especially if I am going to use it to possibly build a 2nd one.. ..

This pack is made from wood, mounted to a big Backpack frame.. some sanding was done.. but I think some filler would be a good idea to possibley clean it up some.. is wood putty ok .. or is Bondo the better way to go..

It needs the acrylic emmitter to the gun.. which I am sure aint accurate at all..

I am open to opinions from you guys.. Any help is obtaining some replacement parts.. even flawed parts would be ok if the price is right..

I am not really looking for 100% accuracy.. just would like to improve it.. as best I can.. without breaking the bank.. if you know what I mean.. ha ha..

proppics073_1.jpg

Originally posted by uscm buzz@Feb 2 2006, 03:51 PM
I am open to opinions from you guys.. Any help is obtaining some replacement parts.. even flawed parts would be ok if the price is right..

I am not really looking for 100% accuracy.. just would like to improve it.. as best I can.. without breaking the bank.. if you know what I mean.. ha ha..

proppics073_1.jpg

Well it has all of the basic components, But it needs a few more tubes and wires. I can send you files you can use to print better labels.

You could upgrade to resin copies of the major parts. Where to get them. not sure.

ok I will pm you my email for the label sheet.. thanks vey kind..I gotta figure out where the red and blue wires that are just hanging near the top left of the pic go.. they werent put on very well..

Here are my packs, if ya need any help? let me know specifically.
I have built several packs...oh and buy 4 big washers and place them around your red circles on the cyclotron...(prime them and paint 'em black first :p )

mike

Oh yea the 4 big washers go around the red reflectors.. er Cyclotron lights..I know the look your talking about..Where do you get the acrylic piece for the gun?..I know it needs work.. but figure need that piece as I dont know what else would look ok.. found parts are always nice..

Hey Howling wind.. those are awesome packs.. If yall have packs yall want to show off.. please do.. I can always use them for reference..

and it's a nice gun too howling.
I got a few thing laying around. Head over to GBPROPS.COM
for the best info on what you'll need for that puppy.
Pm me for any help at all.

Boy what do these packs normally weigh.. sheesh.. I only put it over one shoulder so maybe it was pulling lopsided and felt like it wieghed more..

sorry for the small pics...don't know how to do them bigger.
here's a shot of my girlfriend and I at halloween. Also HOTSHOT. where ya been? That is a nice gun isn't it :)

My pack w/lights and sound is a scratch built with some volgus parts weighs about 48lbs. Hers is a vac u form and is about 18-20lbs
mike

48lbs.. sheesh.. nice costumes by the way... so are the coverals tan or grey?..

While trying to get the dvds again.. as my house was robbed before... I realized there was a new 2 pack dvd box set that was released for Christmas.. I read it was a new transfer.. but is missing some commentary.. so it is recommended to keep the original for trailersn and commentary.. does anyone have an opinion on this..?

I have a halfprice books nearby and walmart.. so if its better quality.. well that would make sense.. I hear the documentaryies are on there too..

Man wish I still had my old vhs tape of that old Leonard Nimoy show Lights Camera Action.. they covered the original show..

does anyone know what size washers to use for the cyclotron lights.. I found 1" at Tractor Supply Company at $3.88 each.. whew.. anyway.. thats the largest I saw.. it just looks like the cyclotron lights are bigger than 1" to me..

Maybe I need to find the washer then cast them in resin.. especially since I intend to build a few more packs..

The coveralls are tan dyed grey in the movie...(not mine I never dyed them).I measured the washers they are 2 1/2" across with a 1" int. dia.
mike

Thanks for all the help guys.. I got some resin parts now that I got a a good price.. and I will move on to the costume.. need a no ghost patch, elbow pads.. etc.. one step at a time..

wow somebody just pmd me with a noghost patch for a great deal.. as they are upgrading to a nicer patch.. very awesome.. hell I will take any leftovers I can get my hands on.. whatever it is.. I need to get a 2nd pack while I am at it too....

Thanks guys for all the help... yall are too great..

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back