Ghostbuster afterlife original Ghostbusters photo

Jr. jones

Does anybody have or know where I can find this photo that was an afterlife? This would go great with my Ghostbuster stuff in an antique frame

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220306-205309_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220306-205309_Google.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 130
Here's a colour and BW version - take your pick. I've tried to tweak the tonal range of the BW version a bit to get closer to the version in the movie.
I don't know if it's the actual prop, or a filter that they added over the film itself, but I noticed the picture appears to be slightly yellowed and aged. I tweaked the photo you shared a bit to give it that look.

Attachments

• GB BW.png
    GB BW.png
    7 MB · Views: 81
That's a FANTASTIC find! If I was in the States, I think I'd get it. I had a quick scroll through about three pages of vintage frames on eBay and nothing is even remotely as close to that one.

That's a FANTASTIC find! If I was in the States, I think I'd get it. I had a quick scroll through about three pages of vintage frames on eBay and nothing is even remotely as close to that one.
I've found a couple, but the tops are different. I can't find a photo of the top of the film-used prop, so I'm not sure which is more accurate. One has a semi-circle top with ornamentation, and the one I shared is flat at the top.

Don't forget the film has filters added to it (notice the "white" elements in the background are actually quite a warm yellow color), so the picture itself may be pretty close to a straight B&W with very slight aging to it.

If you color correct the white balance in the film screen grab, look what happens (original on top, corrected on bottom):

BykNkZO.jpg

What a lovely picture of all four Ghostbusters. Don't remember seeing that in the movie, so this gives me a reason to rewatch it and look for it.

Thanks for sharing.
I believe the shot was only used in the trailer. It may have appeared in the background of the film, but I haven't the foggiest idea where.

If anyone is looking for a frame, this one appears to be very similar.

If anyone is looking for a frame, this one appears to be very similar.

"My doctor says I shouldn't but thank God my will is weak."
- Father Merrin

Attachments

• 20220602_221547.jpg
    20220602_221547.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
Thanks a lot! I printed the picture out on an office laser printer. I'd like to get a better print of it but since I have it in my GB display as just another piece and not front and center, the poor print quality is too apparent.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back