Ghost Rider Cosplay Planning

sk4lives

First off let me say that I am new here, as many of you can tell via the post count under my name. Ive been looking for a group to get some cosplay build tips and was pointed in this direction. Now for the big part.

I am making a Ghost Rider costume. I have chosen most of the pre made items, and they need only be purchased and modified slightly, ie adding the spiked shoulder pads ala 90's/ Current era Danny Ketch. My main hindrance comes from the flame effect. I have however figured out a possible solution that may work, so I wanted to run it by you guys and see what sorts of adjustments I need to make and/ or materials to buy.

First the basic idea spawns from seeing the halloween cauldrons with the fans and fabric flames that blow out of them. I want to build something along those lines which will blow the flames out of the jacket along the rear perimeter of the head. I have decided that the inflatable costume fans w/ battery packs would be best suited for generating the air needed, but I need some ideas for mounting and piping to ensure airflow to the fabric. Ill see if I can draw up a sketch and post it tonight so you can see exactly what I am envisioning. My main skill set revolves around an ok skill at tailoring, with a minimal amount of scratch building things that comes from my youth and working with my dad on construction sites. I can build a lot of things, its just sometimes I need a little insight before I jump in.

Thanks for any input!

Good idea. I wondered about the cauldron flames myself, but I don't have a mind for engineering. I would love to see the results of this.

Best one I've seen tumblr_m6xgmsxnze1ru5hgmo1_500.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back