Ghost Host or SPFX vs. Rubies Supreme Helmet

FalconV8

Please, only shots of these helmets taken together on the same day. Pics that are not physically side by side are not fair if you ask me......

I know these helmets are better than the Supreme, I just would like to see it.
I have the Supreme costume and am thinking on purchasing a better helmet.

Thanks Guys.

CM

BUMP - I'd kind of like to see that comparison shot, too - but I'd like to see a GH, SPFX, Don Post (CA or Deluxe) and Rubies helmet side by side. It seems possible to me that the Rubies may be derived from the old DP CA / Deluxe mold, reworked - I'd be interested to see how it compares (size-wise as the detailing on teh Rubies is way off) to the 20th century derived helmets.

Bump- I also would like to see some more comparisons. I know a few of you guys have alot of these helmets. I will even ask nicely. Please.

Kell

I'm not big on GH but heres a pic
ghvadandjbvad22.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(ob1al @ May 23 2006, 06:10 PM) [snapback]1249298[/snapback]</div>
BUMP - I'd kind of like to see that comparison shot, too - but I'd like to see a GH, SPFX, Don Post (CA or Deluxe) and Rubies helmet side by side. It seems possible to me that the Rubies may be derived from the old DP CA / Deluxe mold, reworked - I'd be interested to see how it compares (size-wise as the detailing on teh Rubies is way off) to the 20th century derived helmets.
[/b]

Hi Al,

Here 's my original DP Deluxe versus my SPFX. I used to have a Rubies but I sold it, I think it was smaller than my DP Deluxe.

spfxvsdpdhdpe.jpg

facehdpe.jpg

domehdpe.jpg

Thanks WC.

Thanks for the comparison shots - its interesting to see how close the DP DLX and SPFX appear to be in size - I had expected the SPFX to be a bit smaller.

I don't have a pic of the Rubies, but if I'm not mistaken they used the same moulds DP did for his CA?, but with a different mounting system?.

Here's a pic, from left to right.......

SPFX, GH, DP Deluxe, DP CA

Vaderess.jpg

I hope this helped.

Cheers,

Kraig

Thank You Yakcam.

It looks as though my best bet money wise would be to aquire an SPFX or GH dome and mod it to fit the rubies and repaint the whole thing, it would look so much better.

CM

new dome<div class='quotetop'>(yakcam @ May 25 2006, 08:50 AM) [snapback]1250382[/snapback]</div>
I don't have a pic of the Rubies, but if I'm not mistaken they used the same moulds DP did for his CA?, but with a different mounting system?.

Here's a pic, from left to right.......

SPFX, GH, DP Deluxe, DP CA

Vaderess.jpg

I hope this helped.

Cheers,

Kraig
[/b]

I know people have a problem with the maker of the SPFX, but even in those comparison pics, it looks to be the most accurate. I'm glad I bought one.

Steveo

<div class='quotetop'>(steveo @ May 25 2006, 09:23 AM) [snapback]1250508[/snapback]</div>
I know people have a problem with the maker of the SPFX, but even in those comparison pics, it looks to be the most accurate. I'm glad I bought one.

Steveo
[/b]

I know people trash that guy but I thought I would give him the benefit of doubt, because his helmet looks good. He started his DV forum up again so I joined like a few other guys from here. It took a while to get a password , and I only logged on one/two times. Read a couple of post, never personally got to post because my account was deactivated after 2 days. Maybe its me, maybe its him. I didnt know what to think. It makes it hard to keep an open mind about that fellow.

On a happier note thanks Yakcam/GundamZeppelin/Hdpe Stormy for the pics.

Kell

<div class='quotetop'>(kell @ May 25 2006, 08:44 PM) [snapback]1250802[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(steveo @ May 25 2006, 09:23 AM) [snapback]1250508[/snapback]

Steveo
[/b]

I know people trash that guy but I thought I would give him the benefit of doubt, because his helmet looks good. He started his DV forum up again so I joined like a few other guys from here. It took a while to get a password , and I only logged on one/two times. Read a couple of post, never personally got to post because my account was deactivated after 2 days. Maybe its me, maybe its him. I didnt know what to think. It makes it hard to keep an open mind about that fellow.

On a happier note thanks Yakcam/GundamZeppelin/Hdpe Stormy for the pics.

Kell
[/b][/quote]

No prob kell ;)

After getting the chance to talk to phill on many occasions I think he is a great guy. He has been a hell of alot nicer then alot of people on the RPF (that should be knocked off there high horses ) to me. I'm not going to name names..even tho i would like to. Because this is a prop forum not myspace :lol

"my account was deactivated after 2 days"
That also happend to my account and all the new members, there where bugs in the page
he was still working out at the time.He sent me an e-mail
after my account was deleted to let me know there where problems on the page that he had worked out and i should re-sign up.

Thanks for the compliments on the helmets :)

Ummm, I don't want this to go south, so I wont mention my experiences with Phil (SPFX/Underlord/apogee1).

As a friendly word of warning, be careful.

I'll leave it at that, please make of it what you will, but just be wary, there is a reason some aren't fans of his.

Cheers,

Kraig

Not to hijack your thread, but if you are interested I can take comparison side-by-side pics of My ANH Vader "Mystery" Helmet next to the SPFX, my friend has one, and the size differences are major. :eek

If anyone locally has a Ghost Host Helmet that can bring it by for comparison photos I'd be happy to arrange a visit.
(I'm in Southern California, east of Pasadena)

If not, I may just start a New Thread showing the Differences...

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back