Getting caught up on Dr Who, ebay?

joeranger

Sr Member
I watched tom baker as a kid and then started watching the last episodes on David tenant with my kids. We now love the new series.
What is the best way to get caught up.
I saw a complete dvd 1-5 on ebay for $70-80

Comcast/BBC America is now re-running out of order episodes.

Im watching the new series on Netflix Instant. Im in the middle of the 2nd season they have season 1 - 5 at this time, at 7.99 a month with a free trial month you can see them pretty cheap, if you dont need a copy yourself.

add: my 9 yr old daughter just loves watching the Doctor with me, Never would have figured

Joe , I am in Korea and I have been watching movies/TV shows on a site called "Movie2k.to" . I just looked and they have various Dr. Who series from the old to the new. Nothing to download just watch . Here in Korea most of the US shows/sites are blocked so we use this site among others to catch up on TV and new movies . Use megavideo , putlocker or videobb to watch them. You can watch them free through them without their service for the most part . They limit you to 72 minutes and then you change to another service , but it works for us. We watch new movies and shows everyday. I hope this helps you out.

-James

I'd say check out the Netflix Instant option. It's cheaper and you get just as good picture quality. Unless you want the extras and commentary and such, though. Some of that stuff's interesting, but it's not really necessary to enjoy the whole thing.

Thanks!!! Just saved me some coin. We have netflix with xbox live. All episodes. Glad I started watching later. Big fan of Rose, but slutty whiney mom and wimpy boyfriend...not so much.

As for Chicago Tardis, I have a Suburban Tardis right in my English Basement. Funny, when my wife said she wanted an English Basement, I think she was thinking of something else.

7029393.jpeg

While we do watch on netflix, the Netflix episodes are ONLY 48 or so minutes long, which cuts out a chunk of the show for "american" television time slots/commercials

If I am not mistaken the On Demand Comcast ones are the full 60+ minutes as aired on BBC. At least some of them are.

Not sure how much you care about missing 10 minutes of the show each episode...

While we do watch on netflix, the Netflix episodes are ONLY 48 or so minutes long, which cuts out a chunk of the show for "american" television time slots/commercials

If I am not mistaken the On Demand Comcast ones are the full 60+ minutes as aired on BBC. At least some of them are.

Not sure how much you care about missing 10 minutes of the show each episode...

did not know that...

Sadly yes, I noticed that the scene where Amy Pond changes from her naughty nurse outfit into her policewoman outfit in season six was cut on nexflix. I was going to watch it again on the new plasma.

Sorry, the Amy Pond scene is only in the "My Mind" version. Don't buy discs just for that. i had been watching both Comcast on demand versions as well as DVR'ed WTTW versions and they are both sub-60 minutes. The WTTW ones usually had a behind the scenes "making of" to fill the space.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back