Getting BR Blaster signed???

faust1103

Hi,

Rutger Hauer is coming to a convention which I plan to attend.

Do you guys think it a good idea to get a Tomen blaster signed by him so it would look something like this?

1093a_med.jpegCcdcDdZl.jpgeyA5uLil.jpgn7mXBUcl.jpg

My personal rule of thumb is if the cost/value of the autograph is greater than the value of the prop then its okay. Otherwise just make a custom plaque to get signed and display it along the prop. For example, Harrison Ford's autograph runs around $500-$800 so having him sign a $1,300 Blade Runner blaster wouldn't be worth it for me. A $200-$300 blaster might be a better prop to get signed by Ford. Just my own personal preference on this matter.

Cut a piece of plexiglass-glass to the size you like, then paint one side white or black depending on the colour ink you wish to use for the signature. Have him sign the unpainted side using a permanent pen like a Sharpie. Then you can worry about how to display it.

Cut a piece of plexiglass-glass to the size you like, then paint one side white or black depending on the colour ink you wish to use for the signature. Have him sign the unpainted side using a permanent pen like a Sharpie. Then you can worry about how to display it.
Take this one step further.

Go here:
https://papilio.com//inkjet Mark II waterslide decal paper media.html

Step 1. Cut out a piece of plexi.

Step 2. Buy the inkjet water slide paper.

Step 3. Print out a bladerunner photo that has a nice layout and a nice section to sign.

Step 4. Make sure to spray it with a clear coat once printed and then allow to dry thoroughly. This prevents the image from running in the water.

Step 5. Cut out the decal, dip I water and a slide on reverse side of the plexi so you see it as you look through the plexi.

Step 6. Once dried, paint over the back of the decal in white.... this will not only protected the decal but it will also make the image opaque.

Now you have a reverse painted look to your plexi and you can get the front of the plexi signed.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back