Get ready for a surprise! 1:1 TOTAL RECALL bust WIP

VashDstampede

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just got a few extra bricks of clay to play with and since I can't stand only having a dozen unfinished projects, I had to sculpt something I've been wanting to do for a long time. So I started this on the weekend and here's where I'm at so far:
SCULPT3.jpg
SCULPT4.jpg

Still doing some tweaking to it, so like everything, it's still a WIP.

If anyone has some good reference pictures of this in high definition, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ely

Last edited:
Re: Get ready for a surprise! 1:1 bust WIP

Is that the total recall mask? Looks great.

I was thinking on doing this myself oneday and have it splitting open revealing arnies head.

I've always wanted to see one of these tackled.

I just love how weird the whole idea is. The neon Orange interior is really strange too.

Here's the reference pics and screen caps I've collected on the exploding head. Check out the waxy practical head that explodes in the cops hands. That stunt guy's face is priceless.

Nick

Last edited:
Get your a** to Mars.

I always wondered why in the movie the mask opened over a puppet of Arnold and not his actual head. I love the effect but to me it never looked 'real'.

Yeah, I always wondered the same thing.

The effect moves like stop motion but the hands and arms that lift the transforming mask are real hands. Anybody got the Cinefex for this effect? Would love to know how it was done.

Here's the sequence-
YouTube - Get ready for a...

Nick

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back