George changed the Greedo scene....again

In that scene or are you talking about other dialog being redubbed/ rewritten in other scenes? Not that it would surprise me.

:rolleyes:

I wonder what the contract between Lucas and Disney says about whether Disney can make their own changes to OT? I'm guessing probably not. Knowing George, he probably has a clause stating that he can change the Han/Greedo scene no more often than every seven years and minor meddlings are permitted in between.

So any guesses as to what the next change will be?

Greedo: Hey Solo you scoundrel, sit yo ass down!
Han: SCOUNDREL SHAMER! SCOUNDREL SHAMER!
Greedo: What the? I... look... jeez okay, I'm sorry if anything I said 25 seconds ago was offensive and...
Han: Too late! YOU'RE CANCELLED!
*BOOM*

I never really understood Lucas' reasoning behind changing the scene in the first place. He said that Han isn't a cold blooded killer but that doesn't make sense. Han was shooting in self defence. That is not the same as shooting in cold blood.

In that scene or are you talking about other dialog being redubbed/ rewritten in other scenes? Not that it would surprise me.

:rolleyes:

a few scenes are definitely different lines, same line, but sounds totally different. "no moon that's a space station" like they used a different cut... there's a few more with tarkin, sounds totally different. same line but the actor sounds different

The line Luke says "you mean it controls your actions?" sounds far more out of place. As if something was covering the audio.

And at times other lines don't bounce or echo off the set and sound flat.

It's one of the things that's baffled me most about Lucas' tweaks. The matte boxes were fine, the cheap dropping-robe effect for Obi-Wan's death was fine, the color balance on everything was fine, the multiple sound mixes didn't need to get sorted... but oh my God there's not enough ronto butt in this shot, and we need a wacky Three Stooges droid scene, and we need to hammer home that Han shot in self-defense, and we need to slow things down with a scene where Jabba tells Han the same thing Greedo did two minutes earlier, and we need an audible bonk sound when the Stormtrooper hits his head on the door, and... Ugh.

The fact that he has continued to tweak the Greedo scene in every subsequent release, while not fixing the remaining continuing issues or the new ones the SE introduced (all the CG X-Wings are Red 2, all the pilots are Luke, and all the astromechs are R2-D2)...? Ugh ugh. The scene in the Falcon's cockpit after they have "just made the jump to hyperspace" should have the hyperspace effect out the windows. Now that the Death Star wasn't just sitting there waiting for the Rebels to destroy it, but instead is about to destroy them at Yavin, there should be a big honkin' gas giant there during the battle. There should be "thirty Rebel ships" to agree with the dialogue. And fix Obi-Wan's death scene, dammit -- it's still way too cheap.

Just watch the Adywan version. It fixes all that, also takes out all that extra unfunny stuff you spoke of. Plus, has the original Greedo scene. It's the only version of ANH I ever watch. To me, it is the definitive "Special Edition."

Only thing he did that I did not like was the scene of Ben giving Luke his lightsaber. He went with the sequence the way it was originally filmed, but never presented. Seems kind of backwards, although I guess technically it is not.

Yeah change even more. Next we know Darth Vader will say: No, I am your mother. And than we here let it go and snow will fall........

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back