Interest Genuine Piece of Bilbo's Party Tree!

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
party-tree-piece_zpsomoqqnni.jpg

Bilbo's Party Tree has been pruned to produce some commemorative coins and I was able to get some off-cut branches. We're planning on having them laser etched with the design above. Each piece will measure about 4-5" in diameter and 3/4" thick. We've still got to price out the laser etching and shipping costs, but I'm thinking about $125 a piece (shipped).

Let me know who'd be interested. We haven't worked out how many we can do yet, but the run will definitely be quite limited.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

INTEREST LIST:

1) Indy Magnoli
2) teecrooz
3) teecrooz
4) Blaxmyth
5) Trooper_trent
6) Kerberos23
7) Nils
8) Arwyniel
9) hbw60
10) CJane
11) Snowfire
12) Snowfire
13) sasquach
14) Escher
15) Daly (e-mail)
16) tomleech
17) Strongbow
18) Vanderbeck
19)

Last edited:
I've updated the OP with an interest list to keep tabs... will do some more leg work on this and keep you all posted.

I would be interested. Where are they selling the commemorative coins? I might have to take a quick road trip down to Matamata

Edit: I assumed this was NZD, but it suddenly occurred to me that it might be USD. I thought i would ask, what currency are we talking?

Last edited:
I would be interested. Where are they selling the commemorative coins? I might have to take a quick road trip down to Matamata

Edit: I assumed this was NZD, but it suddenly occurred to me that it might be USD. I thought i would ask, what currency are we talking?

The coins are still in preproduction. They'll be available from NZ Post.

Prices are USD.

Bad news guys... my supplier of this wood just got cold feet, thanks to some indirect pressure from Pete Jackson. :(

I've tried twisting his arm but for now, this project is a no-go. I'm hoping for a change of heart at some point in the future (the wood is still there... just waiting).

In the mean time, we got the idea of doing a similar project, but with generic pieces of wood from various regions of New Zealand, laser engraved as above. So, for example, a piece of wood from Matamata, etched with Hobbiton info; slices of trees from Fangorn and Lothlorien, etc... Obviously the prices would be much less and we could make a set of it. Anyone interested in that???

I would be interested in the "generic" wood pending the price.

Too bad about the pieces from the original tree...that would have been epic!!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back