GENUINE KILL BILL SWORDS!

Planettera

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
ATTENTION ALL KILL BILL FANS.

:thumbsup I found a seller who makes hand forged razor sharp Kill Bill swords just like the way they use to make in the old day in Japan. Just a bit shy from calling it the real deal, for a reasonable price.

PM me for the sellers info

Eric

Depends on what you call reasonable...if we're talking $250 or less, that's reasonable to those of us with shallow pockets.

Originally posted by 0neiros@Jan 22 2006, 04:08 AM
Depends on what you call reasonable...if we're talking $250 or less, that's reasonable to those of us with shallow pockets.
[snapback]1165059[/snapback]​

Actually, I wouldn't buy it if it was priced at that. B/c it would mean it's a cheap stainless steel sword. Carbon is the way to go, but a reasonable price for a custom carbon might be around $500.

Originally posted by Thatguy+Jan 22 2006, 09:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Thatguy @ Jan 22 2006, 09:44 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-0neiros
@Jan 22 2006, 04:08 AM
[snapback]1165059[/snapback]​

Actually, I wouldn't buy it if it was priced at that. B/c it would mean it's a cheap stainless steel sword. Carbon is the way to go, but a reasonable price for a custom carbon might be around $500.
[snapback]1165134[/snapback]​
[/b]

FWIW, $500 is a very good price for hand forged carbon steel. Swords like this usually start much closer to $1000 and go up rapidly from there. The last time I spoke to a swordsmith about a custom katana I am interested in having made, the quote was $2300 (that project is on "Hold" for a while, maybe permanently :p )

<div class='quotetop'>(RedTwoX @ Jan 22 2006, 10:53 AM) [snapback]1165158[/snapback]</div>
Originally posted by Thatguy+Jan 22 2006, 09:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>(Thatguy @ Jan 22 2006, 09:44 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-0neiros
@Jan 22 2006, 04:08 AM
<div align="right">[snapback]1165059[/snapback]

<div align="right">[snapback]1165134[/snapback]</div>
[/b][/quote]

FWIW, $500 is a very good price for hand forged carbon steel. Swords like this usually start much closer to $1000 and go up rapidly from there. The last time I spoke to a swordsmith about a custom katana I am interested in having made, the quote was $2300 (that project is on "Hold" for a while, maybe permanently :p )
[/b][/quote]
True. $500 is rather cheap for anything decent. Except to pay around $1000 for lower-end quality sword with basic furniture.

Andy

Hi All.

Sorry about the delay in replies. Actually its been a while since I posted this that even forgot that I did :lol.
Well I am a sword collector and not of the cheap kind that are made of 440 Stainles Steel and machine sharpened. The one I found are hand forged from #1065 carbon steel, and the handles are wrapped with real ray skin and black leather. There are others out there which are made of #1045 carbon steel blades which I don't recommend becuase the blade will dull much easier and faster, if you try doing some cutting practice. The price about $140.

I haven't seen any pictures of the movie prop in close detail. I tried to catch the details in the movie as best as I could and it looked accurate. But I don't think we have a better chance of getting one than this for the price, unless it is custom forged which will cost over $1500.

Also, for those who are interested, I am only trying to help out the fellow collectors, and have no profit in this (FYI).

<div class='quotetop'>(Planettera @ Aug 12 2006, 03:27 PM) [snapback]1299029[/snapback]</div>
Hi All.

Sorry about the delay in replies. Actually its been a while since I posted this that even forgot that I did :lol.
Well I am a sword collector and not of the cheap kind that are made of 440 Stainles Steel and machine sharpened. The one I found are hand forged from #1065 carbon steel, and the handles are wrapped with real ray skin and black leather. There are others out there which are made of #1045 carbon steel blades which I don't recommend becuase the blade will dull much easier and faster, if you try doing some cutting practice. The price about $140.

I haven't seen any pictures of the movie prop in close detail. I tried to catch the details in the movie as best as I could and it looked accurate. But I don't think we have a better chance of getting one than this for the price, unless it is custom forged which will cost over $1500.

Also, for those who are interested, I am only trying to help out the fellow collectors, and have no profit in this (FYI).
[/b]
Thanks for the info. :thumbsup . Could you please PM the seller info?. Thanks in advance. :)

That's a good source for swords, you can even get Bud's Sword:
Budds_Hattori_Hanzo_Sword_2.jpg

Well the Masahiro that I linked to is the only one that's semi-decently made. It's carbon steel, probably 1045.

All those others are 440 stainless and have terrible wire brushed hamons. They look very cheap.

its an awesome sword,but is the detail accurate ? The last I remember, the little sculpt on the handle (under the wraps- tsuba?) was different.

<div class='quotetop'>(Dann @ Aug 12 2006, 06:13 PM) [snapback]1299099[/snapback]</div>
Are you talking about the Masahiro, or something else?

Here's the Masahiro Kill Bill sword http://dragonsedge.biz/product_info.php/cP...products_id/634
[/b]

It's possible, but can't tell what kind of steel the blade is made out of. The one I found looks identical except there are those who offer it with a better #1065 carbon steel blade and others with #1045.

<div class='quotetop'>(Dann @ Aug 12 2006, 05:13 PM) [snapback]1299231[/snapback]</div>
Well the Masahiro that I linked to is the only one that's semi-decently made. It's carbon steel, probably 1045.

All those others are 440 stainless and have terrible wire brushed hamons. They look very cheap.
[/b]
Check ebay for the Onimusha sword. VERY NICE. Usually under "handmade Kill Bill sword."
JJ

ebay Kill Bill Onimusha
These don't seem to appear anywhere else online, so here is one of the constantly running auctions. There are everal ended as well, this seller seems to make a business of this and a few other particular models.

Here's the problem, His feedback is ODD. Many repeat customers posting about two auctions that took place a minute apart, and what is posted is identical. Exact same feedback writeups, complaints about breakage and service. The guy has 15,000 feeback but almost 100 negs in the last year. I'm not sure I really want to endorse him but I guess you take your chances no matter what you buy.
JJ

just watched Kill Bill again. What a sweet flick. So, the question remains ...who is the best ? It seems as through the 140 is pretty much it .

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back