Genndy Tartakovsky "Primal"

The series has been so remarkable. Its truly an animation event. If you love animals it's both amazing to see and hard to watch at times. I can see a second season, I think that would be just enough. More than that I would get worried it's impact diminishes or gets too complicated for a caveman's story arc. Not sure I mentioned this before but there is a great comic called "Age of Reptiles". If you like dinos I can't recommend it enough. Similar to this series in several ways but just animal characters in earth history proper.

My God, this show. A real masterclass in mood and atmosphere. Coven of the Damned possibly the standout episode in the series so far with possibly the best animation seen yet.

I've never been much a fan of Conan the Barbarian beyond the Frazetta imagery, but this show hits me in all the right places that I think Conan does for others.

Honestly, I don't think folks realize just how high of a level this show is operating at. This show borders the sublime.

My God, this show. A real masterclass in mood and atmosphere. Coven of the Damned possibly the standout episode in the series so far with possibly the best animation seen yet.

I've never been much a fan of Conan the Barbarian beyond the Frazetta imagery, but this show hits me in all the right places that I think Conan does for others.

Honestly, I don't think folks realize just how high of a level this show is operating at. This show borders the sublime.

I'm pretending this is Conan's great great great great great.... grandfather. LOL

That show is utterly fantastic!!! I love everything Genndy Tartakovsky makes, even Hotel Transylvania. I love love love his Clone Wars series. But this new show really beats everything. I am torn about showing it to my son because of the explicit violence, but the visual storytelling is so damn awesome!

This was on sale at Barnes & Noble (30% off as well if you're a member there, too) and I was gonna pick it up but decided against it. I think I'll wait until the whole series is done with, hoping they'll do a series collection, and I'll pick it up then.

I'm thinking this is done after this season as Tartakovsky's next project, Unicorn: Warriors Eternal, is already underway.

This was on sale at Barnes & Noble (30% off as well if you're a member there, too) and I was gonna pick it up but decided against it. I think I'll wait until the whole series is done with, hoping they'll do a series collection, and I'll pick it up then.

I'm thinking this is done after this season as Tartakovsky's next project, Unicorn: Warriors Eternal, is already underway.

He’s also working on an animated film for Sony at the moment.

He’s also working on an animated film for Sony at the moment.

Raunchy R-rated animated film from Genndy? Hm. That, I'm cautious about. Anything approaching "bawdy" from his body of work I've always reeled from. Maybe it's just from his time working in "kid's stuff" but I've always felt it childish and disconnected. One particular instance in the revival SamJack season sticks out in my mind, and some instances in Sym-Biotic Titan, and even Dexter's Laboratory. I hope he does well with it but that is something I'm really cautious about hearing.

There's a huge dissonance between his television and theatrical work. I wish he could do on the big screen what he can do on the little screen.

I’m still kind of digging the idea that this show is set in the future after some kind of event.

If that’s the case, this episode could be an explanation for how future humans regressed to the primitive nature we’ve seen from Spear.

I’ve also read that Tartakovsky has said he’d like to branch out and have Primal be thematic, but not focus on any one story. I’m not really sure how I feel about that, but I think he’s earned my trust.

I’m still kind of digging the idea that this show is set in the future after some kind of event.

If that’s the case, this episode could be an explanation for how future humans regressed to the primitive nature we’ve seen from Spear.

I’ve also read that Tartakovsky has said he’d like to branch out and have Primal be thematic, but not focus on any one story. I’m not really sure how I feel about that, but I think he’s earned my trust.

Ah, that lines up with what I thought they did this for. Give a taste of some future anthology series. Maybe you're right, I have to say one character did look like he had some Spear facial features.

Though I'm not sure of the whens and wheres...

I am sure I want some figures or statues of Fang and Spear right now! Talk about an instant classic. This is it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back