Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda High Guard Uniform

Gothkid1972

Wondering if anyone has any information on making Andromeda High Guard Uniforms (Red/Blue/Black) and Argosy Lancer Uniforms...

Also wondering about the High Guard boots, are they a standard Combat Boot or?

Any Help is Appreciated, and Thanks in Advance

Hello, I just got onto the site today. I do not own any original Andromeda props and costumes, as they were far too expensive to bid on at auction. I used to communicate long ago with fellow fans regarding the High Guard uniforms of the show. Granted, as the series wore on, it became a guessing game regarding what 'official' High Guard uniforms were. As best as I can recall, the main characters to wear High Guard uniforms were naturally:
1.) Captain Dylan Hunt (Red--'Maroon','Burgundy'[?] leather-faux leather jacket with Navy Blue leather-faux leather 'plastron' (frontal facing closure, roughly based on Imperial German Cavalry tunics) and waistband trim; matching vambraces of same materials; Khaki fly-front pants, no visible pockets; and Black U.S. Army-style leather 'Tanker' Boots) wore this in the pilot episode like a 'Service Dress' uniform. I don't recall him wearing this much after the first three or four episodes of season one.

2.) Andromeda, the Ship A.I. version (Red leather-faux leather vest with Navy Blue leather-faux leather trim; Khaki pants, no visible pockets; I cannot recall her dark boots, though they weren't 'clunky' boots so to compliment her legs-- sorry I don't mean to offend females, but the costumers went out of their way to flaunt the actress' shape, really!) wore her 'Service Dress' uniform whenever she was holographically projected aboard ship, at least for season one.

3.) Commander Gaheris Rhade (same Red & Navy jacket as Dylan, 'Nietzschean-modified' vambraces of same colors as jacket, Khaki pants, and Black Tanker boots) wore the uniform in the pilot episode, as well as flashback appearances throughout the series.

4.) Trance Gemini wore a Red and Navy jacket like Dylan's for a couple of early episodes, but as plots moved along she stopped wearing it.

As far as I can remember, that's the extent of that color uniform being worn, I suppose we could call it 'The High Guard Officer's Service Dress uniform'. OK, this is Part One of my answer for now, Gothkid1972, sorry that nobody else has answered you regarding this topic. I'll get you Part Two in a bit.

Very Much Appreciated, and thank you

As for the Uniforms, this is the one I was looking for...the first one. I remember reading somewhere as the show went on and the original writers either were fired or left, the Kevin Sorbo didnt like being in the uniform (either it was uncomfortable or he just didnt like it) so they scaled back on the military style uniforms...

Very Much Appreciated, and thank you

As for the Uniforms, this is the one I was looking for...the first one. I remember reading somewhere as the show went on and the original writers either were fired or left, the Kevin Sorbo didnt like being in the uniform (either it was uncomfortable or he just didnt like it) so they scaled back on the military style uniforms...
I had an opportunity to speak with him at DragonCon a few years into the show (fun fact: his parents had retired in my city for several years and he had visited them here several times with his family, knew all kinds of stuff about Southern NM). Your first comment was on target about the uniform change, they were extremely hot under the production lights so they moved to the lighter weight fabric and reflective dark colors / civilian clothes and away from the faux leather attire as quick as possible.
Another fun fact: the term "Have you seen my force lance?" was an inside joke with the cast based on the original stunt casts of the F-lances. Due to the fact they were cast in a pink-ish rubber before being produced in resin/fiberglass and painted the colors we all debated on for years. I'm sure you can imagine how they joked around with them...
Also, as HighGuardFan pointed out the boots used in the uniform costumes were an Army tanker boot, but they were an aftermarket product that had Vibram soles vs. the standard issue boots.

Thanks, Gee2. I've never been to the cons over the years, so I missed out on all this info! So the red & blue jacket was all faux leather? You're right, that HAD to be hot to wear while filming. I imagine Laura Bertram probably was uncomfortable in her early 'purple Trance' make-up AND wearing one of those red jackets, too. Speaking of 'High Guard uniforms' for the show, which ones turned out to be the most popular among fans?
Dylan's black 'Lancer' first-season uniform? Andromeda A.I.'s first-season red vest? Thompson's red and blue crewman's coveralls? Rommie's (and Jill Pearce's) black 'Lancer open-collar' second-season uniform? Telemachus Rhade's black and blue 'Tarazed-style' second-season uniform? Dylan's white and gold 'ceremonial-ice cream man' uniform from season one? Dylan's black shiny vinyl and 'blue V' jumpsuit from later seasons? I've sorta lost count of the different styles over five seasons, and I never realized until now what fickle fashionistas they were on that show! Didn't Kevin Sorbo have custom printed black (with blue trim) men's briefs made with the front printed, "Have You Seen My Force Lance?-- Andromeda"??
I think one set actually was auctioned with the rest of the show's wardrobe, if I remember. Pink rubber castings of the F-lance? Can you say, "The Shake Weight of the Future"??? As Harper would've said, "Hilarity ensues..."

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back