Gender bender Redhood

Lady Inali

I am looking at doing a gender bender of Jason Todd. I am trying to find a good DIY for the armor for a female. Even if it comes to 3D printing the armor.
Any links, ideas or help would be fantastic!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
ok. my big thing is make sure it has a female look with it as well
I think anything you use from here will have to be adapted to suit the look you want, perhaps you could start with the helmet and add a ponytail or something similar to the iron man pepper potts rescue armour.

I think anything you use from here will have to be adapted to suit the look you want, perhaps you could start with the helmet and add a ponytail or something similar to the iron man pepper potts rescue armour.
.i am printing the help and have a wig pick that i am going to mod. its just the armor that is driving me up the wall

If you want people to take you seriously and give you good advice, you should proof-read before posting something like "I'm looking at doing a gender bed..."

First, what look are you looking to emulate? New 52? pre 52? post convergence? custom? It'll be easier to help you with armor design if theres an idea to go off of, since Jason has been getting a lot of attention (and redesigns) lately.
Second, what helmet are you going with? You'll want to make sure that the armor meshes with the helmet. One way to make it have a feminine feel is to use a cropped leather jacket (think black canary), and light thigh armor and form fitting shin armor.

Hey, cool idea! As far as armor goes maybe something like femshep from mass effect could work if it is modified. Just a suggestion, hope I helped.

I am looking at doing a gender bender of Jason Todd. I am trying to find a good DIY for the armor for a female. Even if it comes to 3D printing the armor.
Any links, ideas or help would be fantastic!!!!

j
bring it on girl :)
as far as the jason , mix and match bits and pieces of his "legacy" ( personally id make a crowbar with a smiley face carved in it , out of foam ^__^ , to hang on the hip or boot) this way you can have any haters eating their words.

858844_4991115853903_1244131417_o_zps6a1f594c.jpg
I would try to feminize this version of the mask were it me.
2eb35dfabad0cd59e7906592ab89b83e.jpg
and maybe try this style for the rest of the costume?
tumblr_n63d8x6V1m1sd44moo1_500.jpg
or this?

boost o_O

im cool with the hood mask , cus its just plain enough to be adroge*BLAH* !

the other thing maybe but it just feels anime , like everything has to have a female feel , whats wrong with a pair of jeans and a jacket that has pockets or a zipper that you can flip a police stun stick from . even nightwings glowstick weapons *even if you have to make them thinner to fit the lower arm of the jacket *

ok, that makes sense. I would maybe do holsters for the batons rather then just pockets, but that is me. I hope you are able to make your costure like you want!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back