Gears of War costumes

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by ka5p3r, May 17, 2012.

1. ka5p3r

ka5p3r Member

Whats up guys i thought sense the site was back i would post a few pics of what i have been working on over the past few months. im going to post the newest of first and if people wanna see the progress pics ill post them, well here is what they are i am building a locust Flamethrower elite. its not done but im guessing about 90% so far. well here are a couple of pics

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sorry about the image sizes i dont know why they are looking like they are. anyway here is what im building for my wife its Sam from gears 3. So far we have the chest, and shoulders in just foam the forearms painted and the belt painted. here are the pics i have. if someone can resize the pics that would be awesome they are giant bringing them over from facebook
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

like i said sorry about the pic size i dont know why its this large. i hope you guys like the work im doing

2. Gorgot3000

Gorgot3000 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Totally awesome :)

3. Gary Pahls

Gary Pahls Well-Known Member

ahhh thats so cool!!

4. Xenuprime

Xenuprime Member

Very cool!

5. madmax

madmax Sr Member

SWEET ,i so wanna make some chest armour,did you use any files ?i have the peps somewhere just need to get off my *

6. ka5p3r

ka5p3r Member

thanks for the comments. Madmax: none of our stuff was done using any files we just free handed it all. when you stare at things as long as we did you begin to see the basic shapes in it all..lol

7. G17RDY

G17RDY Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Locust costume is, quite simply amazing man, seriously, do you have any build details on this you could share, would love to know more!

and if going by that one, the Sam armor is going to be mind-blowing!

8. ka5p3r

ka5p3r Member

Whats up guys got an update on my wifes armor. here are a couple of pics as it is now. we still have to finish the boots, add the lights and sew the ab armor after that itll be ready for Dragoncon

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. FenixTalon

FenixTalon New Member

Wow man...your details on those are great. I especially like the foam straps on the last pic for your wife's armor. The paint is also amazing. Jealous that I don't have a set!

10. LoveofCountry

LoveofCountry Member

JEEZ!!! her utility pack is freakin amazing. What did you use for the base of the pouches? is it foam? If so it looks totally transformed with all the texture work and hardware.

11. LoveofCountry

LoveofCountry Member

Additionally, love the texture work on your locust flamethrower, the texturing on your muscle suit looks awesome and so's the color? I'd love to see more of the progress pics of the build.

12. DJHAMMERHEAD

DJHAMMERHEAD Active Member

Drueling over the details, color and over all build!!! Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!

13. FenixTalon

FenixTalon New Member

Question for you, what are you using to seal your foam before you paint it?

14. Rysjin7717

Rysjin7717 Well-Known Member

I'd definately would like ta some more WIP pics lovin' all th' details, th' time an attention paid ta them is amazing keep up th' good job brah.:cool:cool

15. ka5p3r

ka5p3r Member

thanks for the great comments guys. ill try and upload some WIP shots of everything later today. To answer some of your questions. We actually dont use anything to seal the foam everything is hard painted with acrylic paints. When it comes to the clean seam lines i always glue a very small amount at a time at the line then with that dry i do the fold, For most of the details i use a few different bits as well as wood burning tools. All the pouches were all done from scratch my wife came up with the method for those we had tried a couple different methods before we were able to get thim the way she liked it, as of right now im finishing up building her secound boot and about to start detailing them. She is working on the ab muscles as i type this. After that im going to install the lights. More pics to come

16. DarthWad3r

DarthWad3r Member

Your flame grenadier is amazing !!!! How did I miss this thread til now! Have you posted this on the Gears of War forums?

17. ka5p3r

ka5p3r Member

lol no i have not posted them yet on their forums i was not even sure if they had one

18. Berserk

Berserk Well-Known Member

This is very awesome, keep the pics coming!

19. ka5p3r

ka5p3r Member

sorry about no update pix yet but they will be here by sunday as well as a couple new shots of my wifes amazing looking boots

20. steeve meister

steeve meister New Member

very very very nice job!!!

21. The Death Angel

The Death Angel Active Member

22. ka5p3r

ka5p3r Member

alright guys i know i said id do thins last week but here are a couple more pics most are progress shots of different parts of the wifes suit.

first progress shot of the chest
    [​IMG]
    second shot
    [​IMG]
    and third shot
    [​IMG]
    and another
    [​IMG]

next is a pic of the bicep and forearm in progress
    [​IMG]

and here is one of the belt pre-paint
    [​IMG]

and the last pic is one for fun and its one to conpare my boot to hers
    [​IMG]

i will try and upload more as i get more time

23. ka5p3r

ka5p3r Member

i was gonna wait but couldnt here is the wifes boot with paint its not done yet but had to share it.

[​IMG]

and here is the back its got the most work till its done but still awesome
    [​IMG]

24. Rysjin7717

Those are some awesome progress pics, I see that ya used some metal straps ta help get th' shape that ya needed what gauge of metal did ya use for it an what type of metal is it? Keep up th' good work brah.:cool:cool

25. KTH

KTH New Member

I'm really impressed with the level of detail you have put into it. Could you clarify what bit you used and other tools you used for the detail work i.e. the lines you've made into the foam? The bits I have are not producing desirable results. For example, when would you use the heat tool vs dremel? Thanks.

26. ka5p3r

ka5p3r Member

thanks guy for the comments ill try and uplaod a few pics of the primary bits and tools i use when working with the foam this weekend. work has me working so much i dont know if ill have real time till then

27. darthpoon76

darthpoon76 New Member

very cool costume:love

28. The9thWonder

The9thWonder Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Wow dude great job. These are sick Gears costumes.

29. ka5p3r

ka5p3r Member

whats up guys here is an update video of my wifes suit. its almost complete
    i hope the link works
    Sam Byrne - YouTube

30. dArtagnan

dArtagnan Member

Oh wow, great work!!

31. KTH

KTH New Member

I have been checking back every so often to see if you have updated. You mentioned you were really busy. When you get a sec, would you mind telling me what sort of tools you used to make the detail lines and rivets in the foam? You mentioned bits and woodburning tools, if you could be specific it would be awesome! Thanks.

32. jdlr64

jdlr64 New Member

Great build, looks awesome!

33. Jky21

Jky21 New Member

Awesome job!

34. kcr7pr

kcr7pr Active Member

if i can only convice my wife to do costuming lol

35. ka5p3r

ka5p3r Member

ok guys i have an update but first i want to apologize for not having the pics up of the dremel bits i use and what i use them for on my builds. i have not forgot about them, for now i can say that if you check at lowes they sale a blue carry set with multiple bits i pretty much use them all for something or anything or another. as for the burner i use i got it from Micheals craft store and use used for burning detail into wood and i use it on some of the fine lines the only draw back to it is you have to be very steady or it could mess up the part so like everything else you need to practice with it. i hope this gives some insite and i hope to have a few pics of it to post soon.

now for the update we have finished my wifes suit and did a photo shoot this past sunday the pics are not the greatest but i think they turned out awesome. in the pic the gun she is holding was made by Propcustomz and painted by me. here are a couple of pics and a link to my facebook page to see the rest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and here is the link
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.443281565693501.97373.100000349830923&type=3&l=63e00ae72b

36. Moth

Moth New Member

:eek Wow... really amazing job!!

37. Gorgot3000

Gorgot3000 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I love every single details on these costume

38. pphills23

pphills23 New Member

Those are bad *!

39. Apocalypsekid

Apocalypsekid New Member

Awesome work! The paint job really makes it all come together.

40. Chanzlyn

Chanzlyn New Member

This is gorgeous, Sam's outfit that is. The Locust is hands down amazing!

41. Novat

Novat New Member

Love the way you made your locust flesh look, it looks like something right out of the game. What was your base for that part of the body?

42. ka5p3r

ka5p3r Member

The muscle suit was done the same way the predator suit are made using a mr incredables suit then layering cotton and latex till I got the effect I wanted

43. 3080

3080 New Member

That locust flame grenadier is bad to the bone! I would love to star making one of my own! Can you please post as many pictures as you can, and contact my with a private message for tips and help? Please!

44. Kiwi19

Kiwi19 New Member

That is AMAZING. The detail is so well amazing.

45. Muscle

Muscle New Member

Wow those suits are incredible. The detailing is insane.

46. ka5p3r

ka5p3r Member

ok guys im posting these pics here first. this is my finished locust costume. it was a long road but its finally done. The only problem with the suit is the helmet not having any fans or vents. i will be adding that this week, It was about 100 here its seemed like when we took the pics so it kinda went "take a pic, wipe the head, take a pic, wipe the head" lol but thats the point of these test runs. to find what needs to be fixed. anyway here are the pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    here is a link also to the facebook page where everything was uploaded to..
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.450937314927926.99121.100000349830923&type=3&l=5970035ffd

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  47. DarthWad3r

DarthWad3r Member

This is beyond brilliant.

48. ka5p3r

ka5p3r Member

Thanks man

49. Rysjin7717

Great job ka5p3r, looks disturbingly accurrate love th' flame thrower especially brah!!!:cool:cool

50. docholiday78

docholiday78 Sr Member

O..M..G, that is awesome! u guys r one talented couple :)