Gauntlet Idea

MackMrGQ

Ok, so amidst my studying of 300+ slides of physiology information for my 5th exam of the semester this Friday, I looked at my phone and an idea popped into my head. I have a Motorola Droid X, and it has a massive 4.3" screen. I got to wondering if I could somehow incorporate the phone into a bomb gauntlet and have the touchscreen displaying the appropriate funny red characters (maybe even in a live Android wallpaper or .gif moveable file?). I would mold the gauntlet with a mounting dock, in which the screen would sit flush with the top, then build another resin piece to lie on top (could be screwed into the gauntlet base. I would try to leave enough of the top of the phone uncovered in order to reach the screen lock button, which would allow the screen to be turned on. You could then swipe the lock to unlock the screen and your glowing characters could show up! Besides the fact that if you wore a bluetooth headset under your mask you could still take calls even in costume XP

I really haven't the time at the moment to try to draw up a rough plan, but on the basis of my verbal sketch, anybody think it useful?

As always, comments/criticisms/OMGs (haha) are always accepted with open arms!

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/01/motorola-droid-x-review/ (This is a link to show the relative size of the phone for those interested!)

i tryed it wit an ipod touch so i could play music through it it didnt work because i couldnt operate it with the gloves on hehe but the phone might not be heat sensitive like the ipod is so give it a go man

i tryed it wit an ipod touch so i could play music through it it didnt work because i couldnt operate it with the gloves on hehe but the phone might not be heat sensitive like the ipod is so give it a go man

If you wanted you could cut a small fingerprint-sized hole in your right glove's index finger and overlay it with mesh, might provide enough finger surface to activate the screen receptor while remaining small enough to not endanger the integrity of your look Just a thought.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back