gaunlet - not-too-complicated process?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

glenn1

hi,

i've ran through some of the gauntlet post and most of them did no mention how one should start. i'm doing a school project for this, and have access to a limited variety of tools. i would like to know if there is any process and material that does not require vacuum forming if possible. i read some post mentioning foam, but which kind, and how the heck did the details get on it (in my mind foam is fragile)?

greatly appreciate any help from you guys

-glenn

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

hez1

You should check out vinmanmacs armor tutorials in the huntorial section. He uses sintra, if I remember rightly, but you can use foam as well. Another way would be to make a cardstock mock up, and cover it in fiberglass resin, then cover it with bondo to smooth out the edges, and use model parts for the details...there's a million things you could do, but you should check out the huntorials right now for inspiration.