Garindan mask

Thanks Howlrunner. I used an old latex head 'n neck mask I made years back, as a Base. The frame is sculptors aluminium armature wire, I tried to mimick the draped leather effect with thick layers of pva soaked crepe paper, blow dried it layered more then gave a thick coat of pva for strength. The lower part with the natural curves is cut and stitched winter stocking. Quite happy with results.

Last edited:
Some new shots of WIP

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers Tazvader.. I've got some Emperor work from last Christmas's film opening too.. Prosthetic mask and broach. Will post tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks Howlrunner. I used an old latex head 'n neck mask I made years back, as a Base. The frame is sculptors aluminium armature wire, I tried to mimick the draped leather effect with thick layers of pva soaked crepe paper, blow dried it layered more then gave a thick coat of pva for strength. The lower part with the natural curves is cut and stitched winter stocking. Quite happy with results.

Bringing up an old post, but great work, what would you think about subsisting the crepe paper for fibre glass/epoxy?

also, what was the welder goggles you used

Hi Stevey, apologies for the late reply. The goggles are Sealey gas welding goggles with flip up lenses. I had studied the texture of garindans nose quite hard and noticed small wrinkles like stretched soft leather so that's why I tried the tissue and latex to imitate the texture. Also, I wanted to ensure I had adequate time to play with the drape of the skin over the frame. Fibreglass would work ok. If you care enough about controlling the drape, I'd choose the finest fibreglass matting. That said, you need to seriously bear in mind that this is what you're breathing through so consider the danger of breathing airborne glass fibres and toxic resin fumes if it's fresh. Having just considers that as I've been typing, I'm inclined to not advise it. Perhaps try using a non toxic resin and fabric instead of fibreglass. Hope I've helped. Good luck.
Hex

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back