Garage Death Star Storage/Workspace

DrscifiProps

New project. After many years of renting the family is finally moving into an actual house. Which means I get an actual 2 car garage! I am so excited! I've been working on storage/workspace plans for a while now once I had the dimensions of the space. I'm still amazed that I built K-2SO in my little 1 car port garage.

This was my dream sketch before I had dimensions. 2x4 shelves on the sides with cabinets on the back wall. The left corner becomes my office/work space for future foam projects.

I wanted to make the back wall cabinets Death Star panels. This will give me a cool backdrop for pictures and livestreaming but still be functional and provide storage.
Again this wall layout was before I had dimensions, which reduced the number of panels.

I mocked up our entire house in a program called Room Arranger to see hour our furniture would fit. The garage is a 19.5' x 19.5' square with no windows or doors except the house entry and the garage door. Made my cabinets 3' x 8' but only the middle portion will open. I plan on adding LED's into the light panels to lite them up and have the switches in a death star panel by the door.

I made sure our cars would fit and incorporated my IKEA desk into some built in work space. I'm not 100% set on the layout yet but it's very close.

To make my 3D model even more 3D I printed out a model from affinity photo to fold into the workspace corner. This was a quicker way to see how my 12" acoustic tile layout looked than adding it to Room Arranger. Since I'll be doing podcasts and twitch streams from this space I want some sound control.

The corners looks nice. I just need to inventory anything I may want to put on the wall first so I can determine if I need to leave space.

After a few more revisions I should be ready to make my parts list for the wood, LED"s and paint.
I can't wait to move and set up this space, as well as share it here on the RPF.
Keep Making.

-Darren

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back