Gamorrean Guard *FINISHED*

jango5204

I traded my complete Jango Fett suit for this Gamorrean Guard. I got it from the maker in the UK. As soon as I got it I got to work making accuracy changes. I don't beleive there is anything on the suit that hasn't been touched in some way, at least weathered. I would still like to completely remake the vest, bt I'll save that for later down the road. I want to get it to wear it wearable for trooping.

Sad to see it go. Was 60% cold cast w/ Kenneth Coles. I kept the MR's though
648.jpg

Remade the straps for the feet. Left are the original.
P8080792.jpg

P9060883.jpg

Added some black to the diaper
P8020775.jpg

P8020776.jpg

Repainted and weathered all the silver parts. Origianlly had a lot of copper tones.
P8150817.jpg

Remade a lot of padding and straps. Original above. Suit didn;t come with the burlap type under garment, so I made that with my 8th grade sewing skill. Also made the rear cover that attches to the mask. Came with some black leather attatched.
P8220851.jpg

P8270861.jpg

P8270860.jpg

P8280862.jpg

P8300868.jpg

P8300865.jpg

Bought half a cow (almost) to make my leather belts. Original below.
P9070893.jpg

P9070894.jpg

I disassembled parts of the vest and made modifications, namely the edge piping and the center disc which came as latex and should match the vest material.
P8090803.jpg

P8090804.jpg

P8090802.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Gamorrean Guard WIP

COOL !!! looks awesome.

I've always loved the GG costume.

The "skin" pieces look very well done.

The few improvements done to the vest, look much better.

You will be a massive hit with the kids. I know when my Garrisons GG comes out for a troop the rest of us end up standing on sidelines like "wallflowers". :lol

I love this costume!!! Look forward to seeing what you do next with it! You're going to have so much fun in it!

I love this costume!!! Look forward to seeing what you do next with it! You're going to have so much fun in it!

I'm planning on doing the Modesto Christman parade this year. The Merced parade is always the same day and the Traffic Division is required to work it. Since they killed our traffic division and stuck us all back in patrol, I'll be available this year. :)

Being new to costuming, I was just wondering the other day how someone would pull off a Gamorrean Guard costume. This looks incredible; your attention to detail on the parts you reworked really show. Nicely done!

I got the top half mounted on a duct tape mannequin. I just scrapped the vinyl vest and ordered 50 Sq Ft. of smooth 1mm saddle leather to make the vest. I'll need this mock up to get the right look and fit.

Gguard.jpg

RPF trade of the year, no doubt. Congrats on the upgrades so far.

I would agree if the suit came with all the upgrades. As it came, The other guy got the better deal. That Jango had all aluminum details and coldcast armor with great leather work and accurate Kenneth cole soled boots. Good thing I kept the MR's

I must admit, I knew what I was getting into, I saw all the pictures before shipping. I was selling Jango for $3200. I'm much happier with a trade cause no money changed hands and it was easier. If I were to buy this suit, I'd buy all the green parts and the furry diaper. I'd make all the rest myself, that's what I'm doing anyway.

I always love these guys. There is one at WDW Star Wars Weekends that goes through the crowd sneaking up on people. I think the 501st group has a couple of these costumes in their ranks. Might ask around there for help if you get stumped. Looks great so far!

If you don't mind me asking, what made you want to trade the Jango Fett suit for the Gamorrean Guard? Just curious.

I always love these guys. There is one at WDW Star Wars Weekends that goes through the crowd sneaking up on people. I think the 501st group has a couple of these costumes in their ranks. Might ask around there for help if you get stumped. Looks great so far!

Ask for help? should be the other way around. Those others guys costumes could use some upgrades of their own. ;) don't get me wrong, they're good costumes but could use some more work.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back