Game of Thrones

I still enjoy the show, and for the most, part, I am happy with where the characters have wound up

The only part I thought was lazy was that they decided they only wanted to do x number of episodes and have started taking shortcuts in the story to accomplish that. The pacing is off as well as the sense of having characters just teleporting to be where they need to be

So basically instead of the A+ of earlier seasons, they are slipping to a C.

The look of the show, the costumes effects etc.. however have still remained top notch

I have a feeling people are going to lose their minds with tonight's finale and we haven't seen anything yet in terms of backlash

I actually thought the episode was quite good. After some rough patches getting to this point, I think they managed to pull it off

Definitely fits the "bittersweet" ending Martin described

It's not necessarily the ending I wanted, or would have hoped for, but it is a definitive ending

I actually liked it because (in true GoT) I didn’t expect it to end like that.

I picked Bran on Reddit to win the throne as a joke...

Bran didn’t get the iron throne. So those that bet lost. The throne was dany’s..house got to pay out on her. Yes, she died right after but doesn’t matter.

That was total BS of an ending.

Unsullied should have put the city under martial law. Slaughter all the top houses to finish breaking the wheel then move on.

It still stands true...Jon snow knows nothing. She wouldn’t of had to burn and destroy any other cities. Most would of backed down since she destroyed King’s landing in like 5 minutes. A example had to be made of those that listen to reason. Now you released a uncontrolled dragon upon the lands. If I was that dragon I would have eaten Jon. Burn he rest of the cities. Stop for a snack and move to the next town.

Bran being picked is a bad choice too. Everyone just takes his word about everything. I can sit in a chair and act like I know everything. Ugh it was terrible choice.

Greyworm should of killed Jon on the street as he is walking to the dock. That would have been a super and welcome surprise.

Also who and how the hell did the wall & castle black get built soooooo fast? Really now, i need those contractors. Maybe that’s why they didn’t want Dany freeing all the slaves. Gotta build kings landing and the wall ASAP and cheap. Cheap labor is cheap labor.

Satisfied with the ending, I guess.
Still think this season was rubbish nonsense, but I'm happy with where everyone ended up.

Question, though: Is Tormund Lord Commander of the Nightwatch, and I'm guessing he named Jon First Ranger, or is it the other way around?

Might have to watch this ep again. My internet has been fubar all weekend, and trying to watch this with all the service interruptions was mildly infuriating.

I've never even seen an episode from this. Hearing that people aren't so happy with how it ended, guess I didn't miss much.

It's really only this season that has been "WTF??". Last season was a little "Come on, now...", and the 2 before that were "Well, okay... if you say so", but the first 4 seasons are literally - no exaggeration - the best 4 seasons of television ever made.

It's really only this season that has been "WTF??". Last season was a little "Come on, now...", and the 2 before that were "Well, okay... if you say so", but the first 4 seasons are literally - no exaggeration - the best 4 seasons of television ever made.

So half of it was good? :lol:

I watched the first couple episodes of the first season and it just wasn’t for me. Watching everyone I work with who all love it lose their minds at apparently how bad this season has been has been entertaining to me.

Overall... I didn't hate it.

I liked...
... the close of Dany's arc; if we had to go this route, this was the best case scenario for me. I was kind of afraid they'd have to kill Tyrion before Jon took action.
... Drogon slagging the Iron Throne. He's the true MVP of the entire series for recognizing the cause of all this ********.
... Jon Snow finally giving Ghost the love he so richly deserves for being THE BEST BOI!

Wife and I got into a heated debate at the beginning. She said Peter Dinkledge would get the throne, I said Bran on whim. Boy she was not happy with the ending.....but I was!

Question, though: Is Tormund Lord Commander of the Nightwatch, and I'm guessing he named Jon First Ranger, or is it the other way around?

I haven't rewatched the S8 episodes like I have for past seasons, so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Tormund told Jon he was taking the freefolk to Castle Black to rest and recuperate before heading back north of the wall. Looks like Jon is joining them. They're not part of the Night's Watch at all.

WellI guess that happened... so much for any character development, lessons to be learned, overarching themes. None of it matters

This is film today... We’re either getting The D, or The Johnson

Long may he reign
6BFAB538-4022-4349-86C8-37455DC0003E.jpeg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back