Game of Thrones dagger frogs

Dr Jones Sr

Sr Member
As we know a large number of Game Of Thrones characters carry daggers/knives/dirks and as I was looking through the GOT The Costumes book, where for the first time I was able to see them close up, I saw that they all seem to have the same construction.

Under the belt loop there are four rivets.

The body of the frog appears to have three integral horizontal straps, the top and bottom ones going over the scabbard, the middle one folded under the scabbard.

On some I can see what appear to be holes punched in the top and bottom horizontal straps, and leather laces.

Characters clearly wearing this style of frog include Robb, Brienne, Theon, Jamie, Oberyn, Renly, Stannis, Barristan, and Davos. With Jorah, Jon, and Sandor I can't see their frogs clearly enough to be sure.

Does anyone have better reference photos than these (from the GOT The Costumes) or perhaps a pattern?

I've done quite a bit of searching and I've not been able to locate any frogs constructed in this manner.

Below are closeups of Renly's and Stannis' frogs which are the best pics I can find.

3cE2jA8.jpg

NFKgaIC.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back