Gale’s Lab Notes [Breaking Bad]

meowmint

Hey all! After two months of putting it off I’ve finally completed my replica of Gale’s lab notes notebook from BrBa, just in time for the movie to come out.

FDA2CDBF-AD09-41CE-AA9F-FA0AED6182FF.jpeg

I traced each page onto the notebook, including two unused pages that I found scouring the flash files. I grabbed the file labbook.swf from Gale’s Interactive Case File at amc.com and decompiled it with JPEXS Flash Decompiler to acquire the assets (pages in HD to print out), and that’s how I found the two unused pages. I assumed their order based on stills from the show

18BF7830-1AF9-48E0-92F9-718B09137107.jpeg

The two stickers on the inside of the cover (edit: and the Lab Notes stickers on the cover) were generously sent by SquidMan, his own making and identical to the ones on the show. I printed them on sticker paper

25FEDFE8-9E16-4F5B-978B-A8B6C19ABE71.jpeg

EBB35B72-58BD-4E7B-80F5-356CD1BA9AE3.jpeg

slight mistake there, the doodle at the corner is supposed to be on the right page, but I got them confused and only saw it last minute. Still considering redoing the entire project over it haha

EA1E6784-16AB-4400-B8CE-A34A1CBEE578.jpeg

First unused page on the left. This one doesn’t appear anywhere on the show, nor in the Case File. It was included in the flash assets, so I decided to include it in the notebook. I’ll probably be making a version without the unused pages and the mistakes

EB385DDD-E8A4-4E34-BCB1-AC19896DF6AB.jpeg

second unused page on the left. This one does make an appearance in bits in the actual show, so I included it.

72125526-232C-4366-84E0-C4BDF04AD641.jpeg

Last page! This one gave me so much trouble, but I finally pulled through. I love how there’s a signature hidden in the drawing that says “GB”.

73820130-AE9F-41D5-AADF-FA407C225603.jpeg

I also included the Far Side cartoon cut out and tucked it in between some random pages.

materials/items used:

Notebook: TOPS Lab Notebook - (Amazon)
Notebook Cover: Book Sox Purple Lightning (OLD DESIGN) - eBay. I found it in bulk sold with some other covers, the old design isn’t available on its own anymore from what I’ve found.
Pens: Pigma Micron 08 (Black, Blue) and Pigma Micron 03 (Black).

MASSIVE thanks to SquidMan for all his help with the pens, stickers, and basically half the project haha. Love you!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back