Galaxys Edge

That's what I really like about Galaxys edge. It's not perfect. In fact you can spend an entire day looking and you won't see everything. There are hidden easter eggs everywhere. Droid parts or heads thrown in a pile of trash or tucked in a corner. It was really well thought out and designed.

I‘m not a comic reader but there is an ongoing story that takes place right after The Empire Strikes Back. It has Luke acquiring a high republic era lightsaber. I personally like it because it pays homage (at least in my mind) to the vintage Luke action figures. This is also speculation that the Kyber Crystal is what Rey will obtain and use in her lightsaber in the future.

The reason I am posting this here is that it now makes me regret not picking up the Temple Guard Lightsaber at Galaxy’s Edge Outpost last week. :(

BC7452C0-A857-47BE-A939-D380DE58A6CD.jpeg

View attachment 1361268

story so far...

Verla empathizes with him and agrees to help him if he'll leave her alone afterwards. She sends him to Tempes in the Outer Rim to find a lightsaber at a Jedi outpost she once encountered. It's from the High Republic era. While she advises of a darkness there, Luke eventually goes through the traps at the temple to get his hands on a yellow lightsaber.

Yeah it definitely needed some of the Protection and Defense design flare for adapting to real life. It has a great likeness to the animated version, but it reads as a little “fake” in person.

Yeah it definitely needed some of the Protection and Defense design flare for adapting to real life. It has a great likeness to the animated version, but it reads as a little “fake” in person.
If the wanted to do a single hilt instead of a double ended, maybe one of the design on the wall. Those look a little better because they have a distinctive handle that separates it from the rest of the bod diameter.

Yeah as it stands the saber definitely terminated pretty sharply, especially when they don’t come with the coupler for a saber staff like Maul’s do.

Yeah as it stands the saber definitely terminated pretty sharply, especially when they don’t come with the coupler for a saber staff like Maul’s do.
Although you can get fan made couplers...

Something about the Kyber Crystals.

I would suggest that as soon as you pay for them, open them up and stick them in a Holocron to make sure they work. I bought a full set of colors and the purple one did not work (holocron read it as if it there was no crystal at all). This is a problem I have heard about before. I am getting a replacement at no additional cost to me (they emailed me a UPS label to send it in the broken one for a replacement) after I contacted Disney but the process took about 9 days for that to happen. So save yourself some hassle and test them ASAP.

Got my Vader hilt in the mail yesterday. I'm happy. It's not super accurate, but the price was right and it's close enough for what I wanted. Also I'm not an FX guy, but I do like that it has the ability to become FX if I ever want to plug a blade into it.

Only problem was there was a sticker running around the neck that was ridiculously resistant to being removed. I just spent half an hour scrubbing it with goo gone to get it. I just have a hard time believing Darth Vader would have included a safety warning sticker on his lightsaber.

I was a kid in a candy store.
Bought Yoda lamp and cane, falcon chess table pieces, sabac cards and a few other goodies as well. Crystal's holocrons and my son made me get him the jedi food pellets. Lol. Bought the jedi and sith empty page books as well. Bought my son Darth Mauls saber. That thing is too long.
Yeah Kevin but you say that like that was a bad thing lol

Got my Vader hilt in the mail yesterday. I'm happy. It's not super accurate, but the price was right and it's close enough for what I wanted. Also I'm not an FX guy, but I do like that it has the ability to become FX if I ever want to plug a blade into it.

Only problem was there was a sticker running around the neck that was ridiculously resistant to being removed. I just spent half an hour scrubbing it with goo gone to get it. I just have a hard time believing Darth Vader would have included a safety warning sticker on his lightsaber.
Really? OSHA is strong with the Darkside..... or is that the Mouseside ?
1603560875469.gif

Last edited:
I didn't notice an email I got from them saying a obi-wan belt I ordered 3 weeks ago was cancelled. They are selling out fast, so how long before they realize they need to make belt pouches. What a missed opportunity.

I didn't notice an email I got from them saying a obi-wan belt I ordered 3 weeks ago was cancelled. They are selling out fast, so how long before they realize they need to make belt pouches. What a missed opportunity.
I think in this environment they might figure it out but they are bleeding cash as well. IMHO it will ALL go online at some point. I hope they do a Leia saber it will sell out almost immediately. I have the Ben Solo and Rey reforged so far but I am thinking about the Temple guards sabers maybe next

Obviously the parks are impacted currently and I won’t be going any time soon, but I keep flip flopping on whether or not I want one of Savi’s sabers. The experience looks great I just think the sabers are monstrously large.

Obviously the parks are impacted currently and I won’t be going any time soon, but I keep flip flopping on whether or not I want one of Savi’s sabers. The experience looks great I just think the sabers are monstrously large.
I’ve given that some thought and I think you could rationalize that if you made one of the nature and elemental lightsabers, you could say it belongs to a Wookiee.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back