Dock Ondar antiques - lightsabers and stuff
Resistence outpost - resistencey stuff
Creature shop
Droid depot
Savys sabers
First order outpost - bad guy stuff
Toydarian toys - in world looking simple toys
Black spire trading - logo style merch
Costume shop I dont remember the name Jedi robes and such.

Whew! More than I first thought!
Blue/green milk is probably my favorite on hot summer days! (Use the app to order and bypass the line, its WAY faster!)

TIL THE SPIRE!!!
(Man I miss that place...)

I find the biggest disappointments are the ones we create ourselves

Meaning we build everything up so big in our heads or raise our expectations so high , nothing will ever live up to

I enter everything with an open mind as much as possible and see where it goes

I find I always feel better afterwards but that may be just me

Could you expand on that... why were you disappointed? Anything in particular?

Absolutely. In no particular order..

There were no characters there. I literally didn't see anyone walking around or anything. Literally the only character I saw was R2-D2 plugged in, charging, and for sale for $25K.

IMG_1153.PNG

This little park should be teeming with characters we're familiar with like Darth Vader, C-3PO, Chewbacca, Luke, Han, Leia, Boba Fett etc.

People say "well they can't be there because it's sequel themed" which of course is the next huge problem. Star Wars for ME is the Empire vs the Rebellion. Or the Jedi vs the Sith. I just can't stand seeing all this sequel stuff when to me it's total trash.

The land itself is just SO generic. I mean not only did they not pick a familiar world to set the land in, they designed it to be super, super generic. It didn't feel like there was anything special to the location, let alone Star Wars. I basically went on a couple of rides, went into a store, and that was it. It just was...so much nothing. That's how it felt. You look around and it's just generic rock faces.

Smuggler's Run was just awful. It's cool to be in a recreation while you're waiting, but the ride itself was just bad. It's like a really, really lame video game. Rise of the Resistance on the other hand was just absolutely awesome. I only wish it were OT themed with OT Stormtroopers and Darth Vader. There is such a huge difference between an icon and a pretender (Kylo Ren).

I had more fun the time I went before at the launch bay and that's sad.

I.... don't know what to tell you....? I've been a fan since '77 and I LOVED it! Yes, I agree, to me Star Wars is Empire vs Rebellion, but it was beautiful there. Just the right amount of wear and grime. The rides were great. And how AWESOME is it to see a full sized Falcon!? I love that place and want to go back, if just to hang out at the Cantina, or stare at more DROIDS! :)

Last edited:
Just being honest. We were all very disappointed. And this was after previewing the park on YouTube for months and going in with low expectations.

I agree with you and I haven't even been there.

It's some unknown dusty planet set during the sequel trilogy. Talk about limiting themselves.

What about the other locations and events from 1-6? Think about the true emersion you could experience with in the Star Wars galaxy. Instead we got Batuu.

I don't like the new movies, but I went and thought it was incredible. I didn't think the land looked generic at all. It looks like Star Wars...the theming and attention to detail are all top notch. Your experience on the Falcon is totally dependent on the rest of the crew. I loved it when I flew with adults, and was just annoyed when a little kid and his grandmother were piloting while his mom sat in the gunner seat not doing anything and just filming darkness. My wife and I spent almost two full days there...

Also, I don't know when you went, but Chewie, Rey, Kylo, and Stormtroopers walk around all the time there... The reason they don't have more characters walking around is because characters started to get mobbed by people trying to take pictures of them once everybody started to have cameras on their phones. So Disney doesn't really have walkarounds anywhere anymore like they did 20, 30 years ago. However, it is something they're working on implementing more of in GE. Before Covid shut the parks down they were testing out having an R2 roll around.

If only they had a water park at Galaxy’s Edge where customers could swim around in tanks filled with brackish green water and botched Snoke Clones...

Or, maybe to be able to snuggle up and take photos with Disney actors playing ROS versions of Harold Q Palpatine slithering through the park (complete with burnt finger nubs and feeder tubes)...

Or, a place where one could walk barefoot on the salty surface of whatever that planet was in TLJ....

Or, maybe have a Disney player dressed up as the TLJ version of Luke that would yell “go away!!!” whenever children approached to take a picture....

Or, maybe instead of Drink Kiosks, they had an animatronic creature from TLJ that, for $50, one could have the thrill of squeezing green teat milk from.

May I blame Mickey Mouse, or Kathleen Kennedy, or Rian Johnson for being denied these experiences that would have spoken directly to the child within me?? I am certain that Disney focused solely on me, personally, when these short-sighted decisions were made.

Alas, such missed opportunities...

Last edited:
I too thought it was just ok. It's neat but nothing great. The Rise of the Resistance ride is pretty amazing though. The green and blue milk is TERRIBLE!

There were no characters there. I literally didn't see anyone walking around or anything. Literally the only character I saw was R2-D2 plugged in, charging, and for sale for $25K.

View attachment 1297670

This little park should be teeming with characters we're familiar with like Darth Vader, C-3PO, Chewbacca, Luke, Han, Leia, Boba Fett etc.

People say "well they can't be there because it's sequel themed" which of course is the next huge problem. Star Wars for ME is the Empire vs the Rebellion. Or the Jedi vs the Sith. I just can't stand seeing all this sequel stuff when to me it's total trash.

The land itself is just SO generic. I mean not only did they not pick a familiar world to set the land in, they designed it to be super, super generic. It didn't feel like there was anything special to the location, let alone Star Wars. I basically went on a couple of rides, went into a store, and that was it. It just was...so much nothing. That's how it felt. You look around and it's just generic rock faces.

Smuggler's Run was just awful. It's cool to be in a recreation while you're waiting, but the ride itself was just bad. It's like a really, really lame video game. Rise of the Resistance on the other hand was just absolutely awesome. I only wish it were OT themed with OT Stormtroopers and Darth Vader. There is such a huge difference between an icon and a pretender (Kylo Ren).

Thanks, thats great insight. I myself am kinda torn on the whole thing. For some reason i thought it would more of a Star Wars Epcot Center kinda thing... worlds of star wars ... may be it was pre production art i saw ... tho i like the 1 world idea.

Im not sure if it was a good idea or bad idea to pick a nowhere planet... I think i can see pros/cons to both... tho i heard recently they actually started designing Mos Eisley or Tatooine and OT and then went with Batuu and ST...

Any other overall reviews on it?

I went twice, both times before rise of resistence opened.
First time was an absolute BLAST!
second time almost as good. The difference? No troopers walking around on patrol.
I even asked a cast member and they said something like "oh I think they are off duty, maybe enjoying beverages in the cantina?"
Okayyy...

The troopers were a cool part of my first visit. One interrogated my son as we waited in front of savis sabers.
As for the blue and green milk, they are delicious as long as you dont expect them to taste like milk. Brace yourself for a more fruity almost tropical refreshing flavor. And the green is deliciously almost sour like a sweet/sour candy.
I haven't tried it but I hear mixing them 50/50 is the ultimate win.

Yeah its the sequel trilogy. But what did you expect? That is when disney truly owned it. I mentioned earlier star traders next to the original star tours ride. That whole area caters much more to the OT crowd. Its weird though because that's where I spotted captain phasma?

Sucks about this covid thing. We were just about to buy tickets for a third visit so we could ride the new ride. And yes I heard testing for R2 cruising around was in progress. And my second trip I saw staff testing autonomous features for the droid depot droids. I asked what they were doing and they wrre like uhhh... Nothing? Just some testing for experimental features.
The droids were navigating through taped lines on the ground with nobody at the controls.
I dont have a droid depot unit but maybe thats what the app was that got released on may the fourth?
Not sure but that was another thing on the list for our third trip
Man... I live like 2 hours south of Anaheim and it sucks not being able to go.
I can't imagine how bad it sucked for people who planned travel from other states or even countries.
Meanwhile I'm just biding my time, building a custom saber (and belt?) to wear when it opens back up.

Man... I live like 2 hours south of Anaheim and it sucks not being able to go.
I can't imagine how bad it sucked for people who planned travel from other states or even countries.
Meanwhile I'm just biding my time, building a custom saber (and belt?) to wear when it opens back up.

My wife's 40th birthday was 4/27 and we were supposed to be flying into Orlando that day to do WDW for 4 days. We also went prior to Rise opening so we were both REALLY looking forward to it. Now I have no idea when we'll be going back. Pretty bummed.

Oh man that is a super bummer.
Our first trip to disneyland for galaxys edge was actually part of my 40th in June.

I'm also really looking forward to the rise of the resistance ride. I have watched reviews and I dont do well with drops but this looks ok. (Pirates is about my limit. Guardians operation break out would probably make me hysterical and pass out).
Anyway yeah hopefully our 41st birthdays are better ;)

View attachment 1297670

I loved Galaxy's Edge when I was there, I had a blast. Once I move to Florida I'm looking forward to being able to go there whenever I want to.

It sounds like you just had some bad luck with timing about not seeing characters. I also wonder if it depends on how recently you went-- it could be that there weren't as many staff because they're sick or something. There is a pandemic going on. The parks will no doubt limit the amount of people that are out at any given time. The castmembers don't want to get sick any more than you do so they'll likely still be practicing social distancing to a degree, and like I mentioned, there wont be as many castmembers out at one time. When I was there there were characters all over the place. I saw Rey multiple times, stormtroopers marching around, Kylo Ren "interrogating" people, and I saw Vi Moradi so many times that she actually started remembering me. I also saw and interacted with Chewbacca a few times-- heh, he actually got "angry" with my mother when she fell asleep at a table at the Ronto Roasters.

I did go in a costume of sorts, I Disneybound as a character from the universe (in my imagination I was a droid repair technician on vacation from Tatooine) and not only did that help me immerse myself in the land just by using my imagination but I found that it also encouraged the castmembers to interact with me more and be more engaging. The castmembers were friendly with everyone, I noticed, but those that clearly enjoyed working there also clearly enjoyed seeing me walking around as one of the citizens. Galaxy's Edge is a place where some of the fun actually comes from you.

But honestly it sounds like no matter how many characters were out that you would still be disappointed just because it's based on the sequels. If you're going to hate the sequels then you're not going to enjoy Galaxy's Edge, but if you just open your mind and give it a chance, and be a bit more accepting, you'll likely start to enjoy it more.

Batuu didn't feel generic to me. Perhaps you didn't immerse yourself in the lore? Because there is a lot of lore around the area. Black Spire Outpost has its landmarks, special structures and what not. There are stories abound. If you use the Play Disney app you can really get into those stories-- you can "hack" the droids and doors and such, you can "scan" cargo containers, you can really interact with the world. I had a blast going around and hacking droids, which would make them light up and start beeping, or hacking radio towers which would make them light up and start spinning. You didn't notice the ship parked on top of the cafeteria? The helmets and blasters scattered about the area? The droid tracks on the ground? The animatronic creatures in cages? The banners hanging everywhere? The parked landspeeders? I was amazed by all of the intricate and sometimes tiny details that were put into that land that really made it come to life for me. If you just take the time to look you'll notice all sorts of interesting things, even lots of things relating to the original trilogy.

I haven't had a chance to go on Rise of the Resistance but Smuggler's Run was a lot of fun, I thought. It was what Disney always said it would be, an interactive simulator, and I thought it was fun. Did you notice how the interior of the Falcon changes when you leave the cockpit depending on how well your team did during your mission?

I mean no offense but it sounds like you didn't want to enjoy Galaxy's Edge. It sounds to me like you had already made up your mind about how bad it was going to be before even going there and couldn't look passed the fact that it's based on the sequels, so you didn't let yourself just enjoy the place. It sounds like you got so taken in by your disdain for the sequels that you wouldn't let yourself unwind and enjoy what Galaxy's Edge had to offer. You overlooked the whimsy and creativity of the place and just walked around with your preconceived notion that "the prequels are garbage so Galaxy's Edge is garbage, too". Again, I mean you no offense and this is only my opinion, but it seems like you never gave the place a chance. If you go in with a negative attitude or outlook then you'll have a negative experience.

Last edited:
I loved Galaxy's Edge when I was there, I had a blast. Once I move to Florida I'm looking forward to being able to go there whenever I want to.

It sounds like you just had some bad luck with timing about not seeing characters. I also wonder if it depends on how recently you went-- it could be that there weren't as many staff because they're sick or something. There is a pandemic going on. The parks will no doubt limit the amount of people that are out at any given time. The castmembers don't want to get sick any more than you do so they'll likely still be practicing social distancing to a degree, and like I mentioned, there wont be as many castmembers out at one time. When I was there there were characters all over the place. I saw Rey multiple times, stormtroopers marching around, Kylo Ren "interrogating" people, and I saw Vi Moradi so many times that she actually started remembering me. I also saw and interacted with Chewbacca a few times-- heh, he actually got "angry" with my mother when she fell asleep at a table at the Ronto Roasters.

I did go in a costume of sorts, I Disneybound as a character from the universe (in my imagination I was a droid repair technician on vacation from Tatooine) and not only did that help me immerse myself in the land just by using my imagination but I found that it also encouraged the castmembers to interact with me more and be more engaging. The castmembers were friendly with everyone, I noticed, but those that clearly enjoyed working there also clearly enjoyed seeing me walking around as one of the citizens. Galaxy's Edge is a place where some of the fun actually comes from you.

But honestly it sounds like no matter how many characters were out that you would still be disappointed just because it's based on the sequels. If you're going to hate the sequels then you're not going to enjoy Galaxy's Edge, but if you just open your mind and give it a chance, and be a bit more accepting, you'll likely start to enjoy it more.

Batuu didn't feel generic to me. Perhaps you didn't immerse yourself in the lore? Because there is a lot of lore around the area. Black Spire Outpost has its landmarks, special structures and what not. There are stories abound. If you use the Play Disney app you can really get into those stories-- you can "hack" the droids and doors and such, you can "scan" cargo containers, you can really interact with the world. I had a blast going around and hacking droids, which would make them light up and start beeping, or hacking radio towers which would make them light up and start spinning. You didn't notice the ship parked on top of the cafeteria? The helmets and blasters scattered about the area? The droid tracks on the ground? The animatronic creatures in cages? The banners hanging everywhere? The parked landspeeders? I was amazed by all of the intricate and sometimes tiny details that were put into that land that really made it come to life for me. If you just take the time to look you'll notice all sorts of interesting things, even lots of things relating to the original trilogy.

I haven't had a chance to go on Rise of the Resistance but Smuggler's Run was a lot of fun, I thought. It was what Disney always said it would be, an interactive simulator, and I thought it was fun. Did you notice how the interior of the Falcon changes when you leave the cockpit depending on how well your team did during your mission?

I mean no offense but it sounds like you didn't want to enjoy Galaxy's Edge. It sounds to me like you had already made up your mind about how bad it was going to be before even going there and couldn't look passed the fact that it's based on the sequels, so you didn't let yourself just enjoy the place. It sounds like you got so taken in by your disdain for the sequels that you wouldn't let yourself unwind and enjoy what Galaxy's Edge had to offer. You overlooked the whimsy and creativity of the place and just walked around with your preconceived notion that "the prequels are garbage so Galaxy's Edge is garbage, too". Again, I mean you no offense and this is only my opinion, but it seems like you never gave the place a chance. If you go in with a negative attitude or outlook then you'll have a negative experience.

Well there really wasn't a pandemic when I went.

"vi moradi" sooooo does not count either.

We had more fun at launch bay every time we've gone to Disneyland. Meeting Darth Vader, Chewbacca, and Boba Fett is fun. Even meeting Rey was fun even though I don't count the sequels at all anymore.

I would ABSOLUTELY still be disappointed because it was based on the sequels. It's just so shortsighted. What are they going to do in ten years when everyone has forgotten about the sequels?

batuu is extreeeemely generic. It is literally just a bunch of rocky mountains and generic store fronts and hut like buildings.

Yes I did notice it and I do like being in the Millennium Falcon, but we all just thought the ride totally sucked.

Well yes I did already make my mind up before hand that it was going to be really bad, and when I got there, it was worse than I expected. I went in with an open mind regardless.

I mean it wasn't even so much that it was based on the sequels so much as that it was completely LACKING Star Wars all together.

Like if there were a Pirates of the Caribbean LAND and it were set in New York City..that wouldn't make much sense right?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back